Author Topic: Pokemon Sun and Moon - Early Images Emerge  (Read 5522 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Pokemon Sun and Moon - Early Images Emerge
« on: February 26, 2016, 20:12 »
So the names have been made official, the press release has announced that it'll see a worldwide release in late 2016, it'll mark the start of Gen VII and we know it's going to be for the 3DS. But...while that's interesting, someone has done god's work in taking high-res screencaps of the 'Game Freak developing the new game' montage so we can all discuss it:

Concept art of some vehicles

What we can only assume is a new Pokemon centre

Concept art of some kind of water-pokemon themed building

Concept art on the pinboard, looks to be the interior of some sort of building

More overworld

New Pokemon being rendered. Looks like a bird of some kind. Some people are guessing it's a woodpecker.

The new logos in Japanese. Both these and the Korean ones seem to focus on the diamonds above the text..
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 20:15 by the dragon turner »

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Sun and Moon - Early Images Emerge
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 20:51 »
I'm probably going to get Sun. My only things are I wish they had done Z and the fact that the names seem a little.....generic. At least go Sol and Luna to half mock solrock and lunatone.

However, the story from what i've heard of it being rumored to be is a lot more interesting than X/Y imo. The popular rumor going around that there's an evil team dedicated to your version who wants to use the legendary for your game to cause an eclipse to bring either endless sunlight or darkness. That sounds amazing imo.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 21:03 by SirBlaziken »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 21:25 »
The popular rumor going around that there's an evil team dedicated to your version who wants to use the legendary for your game to cause an eclipse to bring either endless sunlight or darkness. That sounds amazing imo.

That's so like Gen 3. I seriously hope that's true and it would make sense too since ORAS were the last games released. GameFreak knows it hit home with RSE and is hopefully keeping the Gen 3 spirit alive

I usually decide my game based on the aesthetic appeal of the titles. I like Pokemon Moon's colors better but I'm also considering getting Pokemon Sun because Solrock was my main Pokemon in my first playthrough of Emerald. So at this point I don't know which one I should get

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 22:25 »
the bird looks like a new model for fletchling imo im not too hype about it but im still hype

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 23:10 »
Not likely but considering how many cars there are in this I wonder if the protagonist will be old enough to drive. Car Keys and licenses would go in the Key Items pocket

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 23:35 »
 It would make some sense for the Solrock and Lunastone to maybe get (mega?) evolutions or even some sort of acknowledgement with a Sun and Moon game.

They just seemed really crap in R/S so it would be nice for them to do something for us casuals who don't play competitively and stuff.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 02:06 »
the bird looks like a new model for fletchling imo im not too hype about it but im still hype
no way -- they show the coloration in another model. fletchling doesnt have the head crest either. i think its the next gen pidgey

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 02:46 »
So the popular fan theory at the moment is that Sun/Moon will be set in something based on Hawaii.

I'm just gonna post this image I found on 4chan, it pretty much explains it all faster than I can:

So Hawaii looking likely. Definitely interesting, not sure how I feel about another tropical location after OR/AS but I guess we'll see.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 12:28 »
I am not convinced this is a next Gen game. There are no Starters shown and they are typically revealed with any next Gen announcement.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 12:28 »
oh not but i don't waaant another map where i have to traverse massive amounts of ocean :(

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 12:33 »
I think this is a BW2 type deal. Messing with the Sun or Moon will cause ecological damage which will make Zygarde come out. Zygarde may play a supporting role like how Groudon and Kyogre did in Emerald. It may not be the main focus but it could still be an important part of the main story.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 13:24 »
I am not convinced this is a next Gen game. There are no Starters shown and they are typically revealed with any next Gen announcement.

It pretty much has been confirmed as Gen 7. The website itself said it's a new region, with new pokemon and "new adventures". If that doesn't scream new generation to you then idk what would lol

I also find it really amusing that people are going off mere scraps already. I mean, we'll hopefully get something in a week or so (X/Y had screenshots of the starters released within a week of their reveal), but meanwhile I guess I get to watch everyone go ape over like, 5 or 6 screenshots.

That said though, and this makes me sound hypocritical, but it'd be great if the "woodpecker" was a starter. Water / Flying or Grass / Flying would be cool.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2016, 15:33 »
oh i didnt see the coloured images. damn then thats a cutie if it is the cardinal.

someone else said itd be spain but hawaii is much cooler i think. i feel like spain would make a lot more sense though? has everyone read the theory that this is the g/s/c of gen 6 where you can return back to unova? if thats the case then... i mean... europe.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2016, 17:13 »
oh not but i don't waaant another map where i have to traverse massive amounts of ocean :(

These are my thoughts too. One thing that would really help surfing on the overworld would be if the camera zoomed out slightly on larger bodies of water. I find the worst part about surfing isn't just the encounter rate, which is kind of annoying but the fact that you rarely know where the hell you're going and you can only see for a radius of about 4 tiles. Maybe my sense of direction is just awful or something but whenever I finish a battle with a swimmer I feel completely turned around and can't remember where I'm going.

This is a really silly thing to be slightly annoyed about but it really irks me that the game is coming out in Winter. I kind of like playing games when they reflect the season IRL, it just adds to the immersion. I would have settled for a Summer 2017 release.

One thing I have noticed with the screenshots is that the buildings all seem to have a focus on light, lots of windows and skylights - so I guess this is where the sun and moon stuff is going to play a role. I wouldn't be surprised actually if they made the sun and the moon huge environmental fixtures and used them as light sources instead of artificial lights in a lot of places. Lots of people who go to Hawaii will tell you how huge the moon looks at night so I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't play off that a lot. Maybe there will be a Sun/Moon mechanic that works on the strength of the sun and the phases of the moon and powers up certain Pokemon depending on the environment.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2016, 17:53 »
If you look at the hotel with the horsea fountain, it looks a lot like a hotel somewhere in Southeast Asia (Singapore if i'm not mistaken). So there's a possilbility. I'd rather have one based on South or Mesoamerica.

Also I need to try hard not to pick the fire starter.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN