Author Topic: Explorers of Sky Fanfic-y type thing  (Read 4740 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Explorers of Sky Fanfic-y type thing
« on: November 24, 2013, 13:47 »
hey there
so reading scraftys fanfic made me want to try my hand at writing one
so here i am
its based on my favorite game ever, explorers of sky because it has a really really cool storyline
it doesnt really have a title but it doesnt really need one i dont think???
so im gonna shut up and type this thing
oh real quick note im typing on a tablet so real hard to fix errors if there is something wrong itll get fixed soon enough (like i need to italicize some stuff which aint easy)
SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, CHAPTER 1!!!

Chapter 1

"Whoa! Wh-Wh-Whoa!"

"Are... Are you okay?!"

"No! Don't let go! ...just a little longer! Come on! Hang on!"

"N-n-no! I can't... hold on!"

"Waaaaah!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a stormy night in Treasure Town.  Enormous tidal waves hit the cliffs, sending sea spray everywhere. The clouds, black as night itself, poured heaps of rain into the already unforgiving sea. The lightning illuminated the town for fractions of a second. No resident dared to come out of their homes. The wind would blow them into the sea! Some couldn't even sleep under their warm blankets inside their safe houses.

All of Treasure Town just had to wait for the storm to pass.

One resident took shelter in an unlikely place. Where, you ask? Between the jaws of a shark! Of course, not really. He was inside of Sharpedo Bluff, an odd rock formation in a cliff that resembles a Sharpedo (hence the name.). The Riolu inside the cliff sat by the fire.

Doesn't look like it will pass anytime soon... Guess I'll have to wait till morning. So, like everyone else, he curled up in his bed and tried to sleep.

When the Riolu awoke, the sun was just rising. To his delight, there was no downpour outside, and the sea had calmed down. He headed out of his house and to the world-famous Wigglytuff Guild!

"Urgh... Where... Where am I?"

On the beach, a blue cat asked himself this. He couldn't see very much of anything because of his blurred vision, and his head throbbed with pain. And, strangest of all, he couldn't remember anything - execpt one word. Leo. He figured it was his name. Even if it wasn't, he would call himself that. Leo is a pretty cool name anyway.

"...I can't....Drifting off..."

As the Riolu passed through Treasure Town, he saw that some of the shops there had been wrecked. The Marowak Dojo had fallen apart.
    "Guess I won't be training there anytime soon..." He sighed. Riolu felt bad for Marowak. Some other buildings had taken some damage too, but none too severe. Duskull Bank was still intact. The Riolu had saved up a small fortune in there, so he was reilieved to see it hadn't been destroyed.
    He arrived at a crossroads once he had passed through the main part of Treasure Town. To the south was a path leading to the beach. He had just come from the west. To the east was where the dungeons were. He headed north, to a pink tent resembling a Pokémon: Wigglytuff.

Wigglytuff's Guild.

He paced in front of the tent. Many times he had tried to enter the guild... but he was nervous. This time, he had brought his personal treasure with him. But... what if I mess up? What if they don't let me in? No... I have to do it. I have to be courageous!

He stepped onto a grate.

"POKEMON DETECTED! POKEMON DETECTED!"

"WHOSE FOOTPRINT? WHOSE FOOTPRINT?"

"THE POKEMON IS RIOLU! THE POKEMON IS RIOLU!"

Riolu stepped of the grate quickly.Oh... that was too frightening. I guess I really am a chicken. I thought my personal treasure would help me, but...  He sighed and walked toward the beach, dissapointed in himself.

As the Riolu walked away, two ominois looking Pokemon arrived in front of the world-renowned guild. They were Koffing and Zubat.

"Hey Zubat," Koffing started. He spoke in a low voice to make sure the Riolu couldn't hear him. "Did you get a load of that?"

"You bet I did," Zubat replied. He had a mischievous grin from ear to ear.(Speaking figuratively, of course. Zubat's mouth is that big without smiling!)

"The little wimp was pacing around... had something good, right?"

"He had something, thats for sure. Looked like treasure."

"Do we go after it?" Koffing asked eagerly.

"We do." The headed down to the beach, where the Riolu was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Riolu headed down to the beach. That was his favorite place to go when he was feeling down in the dumps. He didn't realize it, but he had been pacing in front of the guild all day. By now, the sun was setting! The Krabby were blowing bubbles, and the sun's rays created a beautiful scene.

"Wow.... I love the beach!" He looked over to his left.

"Hey... what's that?" He saw something moving. Was it... a Shinx? You never see those here! How odd. The Shinx got up, staggered around, and fell over. The Riolu rushed to him (or her, I guess).

"Are-are you okay?!" the Riolu said.

"Oh, yeah, sure, I just fell on my face, of course I'm okay!" the Shinx exclaimed. (Yup, definitely male.)

The Riolu looked taken aback by this. He now hesitated before saying anything in front of this Shinx. He'd find a way to insult him. "S-sorry... What happened?"

"Uh, I really dunno, I just appeared here a few hours ago. And, hey, how come you can talk? Riolu's dont talk in the video games, so why would they in real life...WAITWHATTHEHELLYOUSHOULDNTEXISTWHAAAAAT?!?!?!" the Shinx exclaimed.

"What are you talking about? All Riolu talk! And why wouldn't they? You're a Shinx and you can speak perfectly fine!" The Shinx was really confusing the Riolu now. "Oh, and watch your language! Dear Arceus, we oughta stuff soap in this guy's mouth!"

"Hold on just a minute..." the Shinx said. "I'm a Shinx?!? No, no, no, it must be a trick of the light. I'm a human! And my name is Leo!"

"You look like a perfectly normal Shinx to me. And if we're introducing ourselves, I'm Luke."

"Hey! Watch out! There's a --- ouch!" Leo shouted as Luke was slammed into by a Koffing. A rock that he was holding went flying on impact.

"OWOWOWOWOWOW!!" Luke shouted. "Why'd you do that?" As Luke was talking, the Zubat accompanying the Koffing snatched the rock. "Unnecessary roughness! 15 yards!" Leo shouted. ((american football reference - Europeans won't get it haha))

"Oops! My bad! Suckers." Koffing said, walking into a nearby cave.

End of Chapter 1
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 02:19 by bread »

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Sky Fanfic-y type thing
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 23:02 »
Hah, good to see I've inspired someone! This is really good, can't wait for a new part.

Speaking of which I'd best get my lazy ass working on my own fanfic :-P

Needs more Gengar

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 23:06 »
Zeke, if I wasn't so lazy, I'd do my PA character's past in a fanfic.

Good start bread.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline the bread dragon

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 02:16 »
woo replies i dont have to edit that post anymore
and sidenote before i start chapter 2: i realize the game has divvied itself up into chapters, but im not going to use those to break this up. some of those are really quite long and my poor fingers cant do that owowow

Chapter 2

Once Zubat and Koffing waltzed into the cave without any intervention from Luke or Leo, Luke just broke down.

"Th-th-thats my p-p-personal treasure... it means everything to me! I-I-I can't lose it.... Oh no..." Leo felt sorry for him, even though he just met the Pokemon minutes ago. He didn't show it on his face, though. The past minutes had been such a blur. He collapsed on a beach learned he was a pokemon, and met Luke, someone who he thought he could befriend.

"Well, you can't just let them take it right from under your nose and let 'em get away with it!" Leo said, raising a paw into the air, and losing his balance.

"Y-y-yeah! Let's go and get them!" Luke cried, feeling somewhat motivated. He walked into the cave, with Leo stumbling behind.

"So, uh, how do we find them in here? It seems pretty big, and empty," Leo said.

"I heard this isn't too big a dungeon... only 5 floors. We just have to find our way to the stairs and reach the bottom. If they end up there, we could corner them," Luke replied. They walked through a narrow passageway. Once through that, they entered a larger room. Upon entrance, Luke noticed something out of the corner of his eye

"Hey... look at this! A seed! Wonder what it does?" Luke said as he picked it up.

"Here, lemme see." Luke handed Leo the seed. "Hm.. I feel a bit drowsy just holding it. Maybe if we throw it at someone, we can put them to sleep!" Luke was skeptical at first, but he caught on eventually. They kept exploring, and ran into a wild Pokemon.

"Ah! Kabuto!" Luke exclaimed while using a speedy Quick Attack. The Kabuto lived, but was shaky. He fired a Water Gun at Luke, but he lived easily. Luke quickly finished him with another Quick Attack. After searching a few more rooms, they found the stairs. On to the second floor!

When arriving in the 2nd floor, they found the stairs very soon. They entered thefloor in the room the stairs were in. How convenient is that! To the 3rd floor!

"Things are going pretty smoothly, huh, Leo?"

"Yeah, they - whoa! A Shellder!" Leo exclaimed. He Tackled the Shellder and took it out. Soon after, he did the same to a blue Shellos. "What was with that last one? It was blue! I thought they were pink," Leo asked.

"Shellos's East Form is blue, and not pink. Seems we're on the East side," Luke explained. "Aha! The stairs! On to the fourth floor!" They walked down the stairs.

After a great deal of searching, they couldn't find the stairs to descend on to the final floor.
They ran into a few battles in the search. Once, they were triple-teamed by some Omanyte. However, Leo and Luke made a good team and defeated the Omanyte. After wnat seemed to be an eternity, the found the stairs.

"HEY! YOU STUPID KOFFING! GIVE MY FRIEND HIS ROCK BACK!" Leo yeled as soon as he reached the bottom of the cavern.

"Uhm, yeah! What he said!" Luke was afraid to say anything much to the bullies.

"Oh, look, what do we have here? Our friend, the chicken," the Zubat said. Leo was really getting mad at Zubat and Koffing. He was tired of their shenanigans. Before anyome saw it coming, he hurled the seed at the Koffing. He barely hit him, but it was enough.

"Hey! What wazzzzzz...." Koffing said before falling asleep.

"What was that? Why is he asleep? What's going on? Ahhhhh!" Zubat said, while taking a Quick Attack to the face. After a Tackle from Leo, he was finished. Now, on to Koffing. What Leo did to this Koffing shouldn't be considered a Tackle. What I would call it is a "Steamroll" attack, or something of the sort. He bowled into Koffing and knocked him out on the spot. Luke stood back, astonished by the foece of the attack.

"I don't know about you, but that's what I call a critical hit, " Luke said while snatching the rock.

"You betcha," Leo said, walking out of the cavern.

End of Chapter 2

not the greatest chapter ever, but oh well lol
thanks to you two for the words! means a lot

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 21:24 by bread »

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 21:46 »
I've actually played the game. You've stuck pretty close to the real story.

Offline the bread dragon

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 23:32 »
^yeah, im going for it to be similar to the game with a few differences so it wont be identical.
ive played it too  ;)
also i was wondering: should i do a few chapters in first person? i dunno whether anyone would like it better that way. im going to figure out how to make a poll (still a bit of a green horn haha) and put it up soon enough.

Chapter 3
    After the duo exited the cave, Luke said, "Oh, thank you so, so much! I wouldn't've stood a chance alone in there, especially against those bullies!"

"You've thanked me enough already," Leo said, chuckling. "I get it," he said, with a smile.

"Okay," Luke said, blushing a little bit.  Leo's smile faded, as thoughts kept running through his mind. Should I have helped this guy out? He could be tricking me, for all I know... He soon remembered how happy the Riolu had looked getting his rock back. Of cousre not. He's clearly grateful. What am I thinking? I can obviously trust Luke. Besides, he was concerned when he found me... even though I ran my mouth a bit. His smile returned, sheepishly.

He was quite curious about the rock he had. What was so important about it for him to go and steal it back? And why did the thieves want it in the first place. "So, what is that rock? At a glance, it just looks like an ordinary rock, but it cant be, what with you trying to get it back an all."

"Oh, this is my Relic Fragment. I've always legends and lore. Whenever I hear about historical things, I just get so excited! Don't you feel the same way? Uncharted territory, veiled in darkness, places we've yet to find, mysteries, it's so exciting! Wouldn't it be so great to discover something like that?"

"One day, I happened to find this here Relic Fragment. I admit, it looks like something you could pull out of a garbage can, but take a closer look." Leo squinted at the Relic Fragment, and noticed something.

"Huh... That's interesting!  There's a pattern inscribed on it? Have an idea what it means?"

Luke seemed to deflate hearing that. The happiness that had been showing on his face
disappeared. "Unfortunately, no, I dunno what it means..." Then his face lit up. "But then again, that makes it even more exciting! Think of all the possibilities of what this could be! Heck, this Relic Fragment could save the world. That's why it's so important to me. If it could save the world, I sure don't want a bunch of bullies to have their hands on it. And, even if it won't save the world, it could be the key to uncharted places, filled with treasure, or who knows what."

"I would love to explore places, to see what my Relic Fragment can do. In fact, there is a world famous guild just down the road from here. I've tried joining... but I always chicken out. I'm such a coward.." He looked down in shame, but looked back up at Leo.

"What about you, Leo? You thought you were a human, and don't remember anything. What will you do?" Leo hadn't thought about that. He'd been so consumed in helping out this Riolu, he hadn't thought much about himself. What will I do? I could ask to shelter with Luke for a while, until I can get my feet off the ground... That would be a sign of weakness. Besides, he might not really like me very much...
    "I... I don't really know," he finally said.

"Well... could I ask you a favor? Would... would you join an exploration team with me? I saw the way you fought earlier and... you could be a very good fighter. Besides, having someone with me could settle my nerves a bit."

Whoa! That... that was completely out of the blue. But... what other choice do I have? Joining up with Luke doesn't seem like that bad an idea. He nodded his head yes after some consideration,  and Luke smiled the biggest he had smiled in a while.

"R-r-really? Awesome! Thank you so much! Although, now might not be the best time for it..." He looked up at the sky. In probably another hour, it would be midnight. "Let's head to my place for some sleep."

End of Chapter 3

i think that chapter was a bit better than the second. woo!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 23:35 by bread »

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 23:33 »
Well, the game is in first person. Go for it.

Offline the bread dragon

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 00:41 »
SHORT CHAPTER OKAY AT LEAST ITS SOMETHING
note-i wrote this like a week ago and it was good but it disappeared so :(

Chapter 4

Leo stood up as quietly as he could. He couldn't sleep. Would you blame him, though? After becoming a Shinx and retrieving someone's treasure? What a day, he thought. Never thought I'd do any of this... seems like the stuff of fictional stories... video games, even. But, it's real life!

I'm not quite sure what to think about it, though... Do I like being a Pokemon? Or a human? I don't know...
He looked out the shark's jaws. He was inside of a rock formation in a cliff, known as Sharpedo Bluff. It's where Luke lived. It was quite detailed for a face of a cliff... it very closely resembled the pokemon Sharpedo, hence the name. It looked just like a shark.

The sun was just rising, and its rays reflected off of the ocean. It was beautiful! Leo heard a noise. It was Luke, rising from his bed.

"Good morning!" he said. He must be a morning person...

"Oh... hello. Couldn't sleep either?" Leo replied.

"No, I always wake up around this time. Makes for more time to get things done in the day time!" Luke said excitedly. Definitely a morning person...

Leo smiled weakly. He was still a bit tired. "Didn't you mention something about an exploration team? Now that you're up, we oughta go ahead and get that done."

"Oh, right! I doubt the guild members are awake yet, but it's worth a shot! Let's go." Little did Luke know that the guild members had already been awoken by Loudred. They headed through Treasure Town to the guild. Walking up the front steps, Leo asked, "So, this is where you create an exploration team?"

"Yup, that's right. They also train you here to become a better exploration team, so you can begin making big discoveries, and treasures,  and all the fun stuff!" Luke replied smiling. He then stepped on to the grate.

"POKEMON DETECTED!! POKEMON DETECTED!!"

"WHOSE FOOTPRINT?? WHOSE FOOTPRINT??"

Luke gulped. This is just so scary... can I go home now?

No... I have to be strong! Be brave!

"THE FOOTPRINT IS RIOLU'S! THE FOOTPRINT IS RIOLU'S!"

"ALRIGHT! COME ON I-- WAIT. THERE'S SOMEONE ELSE WITH YOU. STEP ON TO THE GRATE TOO." Luke walked off so Leo's footprint could be identified.

"POKEMON DETECTED! POKEMON DETECTED!!"

"WHOSE FOOTPRINT? WHOSE FOOTPRINT?"

"THE FOOTPRINT IS... UM..."

"DIGLETT! WHOSE FOOTPRINT???"

"WELL... MAYBE SHINX'S! MAYBE SHINX'S!!"

"WHAT?!?!?!?! MAYBE?!? DIGLETT, IS IT SHINX'S DAMN FOOTPRINT OR IS IT NOT?!?!"

"Okay.. its.. DEFINITELY SHINX! DEFINITELY SHINX!"

"OKAY, VISITORS... COME ON IN."

"Well.. that was nerve wracking!" Luke exclaimed weakly.

End of Chapter 4
told you it was short okay
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:21 by bread »

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 01:33 »
Let's see this continue please.

Offline the bread dragon

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 01:59 »
i forgot this existed. whoops. maybe rightfully so, as im an awful writer haha. but if someone wants to see this alive and well again, then I SHALL FULFILL MY DUTY!

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 21:00 »
Hooray for loyal fans!