Author Topic: Your ideal fighting game developer  (Read 935 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MonsterMon64

Your ideal fighting game developer
« on: July 20, 2017, 16:15 »
If you could have your dream dev(s) work on any fighting game for you, which dev(s) would you get to work on it? Or do you have plans to develop a fighting game yourself, and make the dream happen?

If you had asked me 15 years ago, I probably would have said "Capcom" without a doubt... but I've played a couple Arc System Works fighters since then, and they're pretty solid, so that's probably who I'd want making my 2D fighter now.* Arcsys would probably be more suited for one idea I have than the other, though.

...and it's entirely possible I'm way behind in 2D fighters and their devs these days, but either way I need to expand my library. I played Melty Blood: Act Cadenza a few times, and I have a casual interest in Under Night: In-Birth, but haven't tried it... They're by the same dev, I think.

Anyway, that's my two cents. What about the rest of you?

*Personal preference is 2D fighters, don't have as much experience with stuff like Tekken or Soulcalibur...

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
Re: Your ideal fighting game developer
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 18:13 »
I'd want Nether Relm Studios and Capcom to join forces and give us an incredible crossover game that doesn't shy away from the gore and violence. My idea would be the Mortal Kombat world begins to merge with other Capcom worlds and are slowly becoming one universe. The Capcom games represented would be Street Fighter, Final Fight, Darstalkers, Dead Rising, and Resident Evil. The plot would be that Onaga has returned and gathered all the pieces of the Kamidogu and assembled them. This then rips the fabric of time and space and a portal appears. The Dragon King enters the portal and ends up in the Street Fighter world inside the Shadaloo headquarters. Shao Kahn finds the portal and also enters and strikes a deal with M. Bison to help him take over all the merged worlds in exchange for more power for M. Bison. The duo also recruit Jedah from the Darkstalkers series, Albert Wesker, and Seth.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Re: Your ideal fighting game developer
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 19:57 »
If you had asked me 15 years ago, I probably would have said "Capcom" without a doubt... but I've played a couple Arc System Works fighters since then, and they're pretty solid, so that's probably who I'd want making my 2D fighter now.* Arcsys would probably be more suited for one idea I have than the other, though.
Arcsys has always been phenomenal. Older Guilty Gear games still stand up to today, as do other stuff they've made like Persona 4 Arena.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!