Author Topic: What's your favorite album of 2015?  (Read 2222 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
What's your favorite album of 2015?
« on: December 20, 2015, 00:50 »
Self explanatory. Kind of. Just an album that came out in 2015.

My favorite is Kendrick Lamar's to Pimp a Butterfly. I didn't like rap AT ALL until I heard this album. He's so good he turned me from a rap hater into understanding it and it's probably been my favorite genre of the year as a result.

It's absolutely beastly. It's probably arguably one of the better known albums of the year I'd say too, and if you haven't heard it, I'd suggest giving it a listen. King Kunta, Blacker the Berry, and Wesley's Theory I listen to really regularly, and I'd say the best songs on the album in my opinion. Still trying to learn "For Free?" for the past 9 months... it's just too fast...

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite album of 2015?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 01:45 »
Dark Before Dawn by Breaking Benjamin hands down.

I know, you've all heard me go on about it before, but I seriously love this album. I don't have a physical copy of it yet but i've have heard every song on YouTube and I am in the process of trying to get a physical copy. I haven't found one song I don't like on it. My favorites are Defeated and Close to Heaven, though. So um yeah, if you like this genre of music and don't despise Burnley, give it a listen.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 01:57 by Breaking Blaziken »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 01:53 »
baroness' new album came out...yesterday and i haven't had a chance to listen to it so this is subject to change if what ive heard about it is true.

Deafheaven - New Bermuda

i don't care what kvlt people say this album is the bomb. if anybody has any thoughts of listening to black metal but not because of church burnings, satanism etc etc you should definitely disregard all of those preconceived notions and listen to this album because its wonderful. standout tracks include all of them (i can say that because there's only 5 in the first place)
really though if i hAD to pick one, the opener 'brought to the water" is sick nasty

honourable mentions: the black dahlia murder - abysmal, death grips - the powers that b (idk if that reeeally counts or not but who cares), fear factory - genexus, cattle decapitation - the anthropocene extinction, an autumn for crippled children - the long goodbye

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 02:04 »
TPAB is great, think I prefer GKMC but either way Kendrick is the man

I'd say The Powers That B is up there but the first disc is the main reason for that and that came out last year so it wouldn't count for me

Anyways yeah the best album this year is No Now by Clarence Clarity. Incredible production (some of the bass and keyboard effects are so awesome), the songwriting is A1 too. Literally any full song on the album has a case for being the best on it too. The fact that it's still my go to album after so long really is impressive, not even the likes of MBDTF, The Money Store, Go Tell Fire To The Mountain, any great album that I've been able to appreciate properly really, think only Untrue by Burial matches it but that has ~reasons~

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 02:53 »
 I'm stuck between Twenty One Pilots, Stereophonics, and Witt Lowry this year lol.

Blurryface was absolutely outstanding and it was nice to have some more upbeat music relating to Tyler's wife but, blimey, Fairly Local was amazing and the video was outstanding. I actually haven't listened to them in some time since I've had a country binge for the last few months although I listened to this album exclusively during my A2-Exam revision.

• Polarize
  • The Judge
  • Goner

Keep The Village Alive was like, whoa, it's better than Graffiti On The Train (imo) and feels like it's more like the traditional Phonics' when I don't really know where GoTT was going since it had this weird indie vibe to it.

• White Lies
  • I Wanna Get Lost with You
  • Mr and Mrs Smith

Witt Lowry has always been one of my favourite rappers since I found him like two years ago and his stuff has only gotte better. Dreaming With Our Eyes Open is a quality album. I'm still waiting for him to release a physical copy so I can buy it.

I can't recommend any songs in particular but YouTubing the album is worth it.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 04:10 »
I was waiting for someone to say Blurryface! I think it's interesting because everyone definitely has their own favorites from that album. My top 3 are probably Lane Boy, Ride, and Message Man. Honestly haven't heard of a lot of these other artists, but I'll probably check them out.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 17:03 »
 I was going to say Lane Boy and Ride! It seems like Blurryface helped push them out into mainstream media over here.

It's really nice to see them develop as a band too.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 17:13 »
Florence + the Machine's album How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful has been almost the only thing I've listened to since it came out. I think Which Witch, Hiding, and Queen of Peace are my favorites.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline The biscquiat dragon

• Kris
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 20:41 »
Erm...

Can I request an extension?

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 22:28 »
mewithoutYou - Pale Horses

super good album from what are probably my favourite band right now, feels like a really good mix of all the previous album styles and is just super nice

honourable mentions include:

Jme - Integrity>
Drake - If You're Reading This It's Too Late
Dance Gavin Dance - Instant Gratification
Carly Rae Jepsen - EMOTION

Also agree with this
TPAB is great, think I prefer GKMC but either way Kendrick is the man
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2015, 22:32 »
Gonna agree with EMOTION as a suggestion, it's a really solid album.

I was getting sort of hyped for Galneryus' Under The Force of Courage, it wasn't brilliant but not too bad...not on my list, sadly.

Here's my few favourites:

- Badlands - Halsey
- Beneath The Skin - Of Monsters And Men
- Venom - Bullet For My Valentine
- That's The Spirit - Bring Me The Horizon

I'd say it's between Halsey, BMTH and Carly Rae Jepsen for my favourite, though I'm leaning towards the first of the three. Gasoline / Hurricane / Haunting / Colours are great songs, and most of the album has a bunch of good ones too.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2015, 11:08 »
I'll agree with Kendrick's album being good, really enjoyed listening to it. At the moment albums that come to mind are Tame Impala's Currents and Jamie xx's In Colour. Jamie xx was really good live as well.

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2015, 20:10 »
For me it's probably between: Kendji Girac - Ensemble and Pablo López - El Mundo Y Los Amantes Inocentes. I can definitely agree EMOTION is very good though. FROOT is up there for me too, but Marina isn't really my favourite anymore.

Overall I'll probably say Pablo López for me this year, as I can't buy Ensemble in the uk =(

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 11:28 »
I don't have one, really.

I haven't bought an album in its year of release since 2013.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel