Author Topic: 6th Gen Anime Predictions  (Read 10974 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
Re: 6th Gen Anime Predictions
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2013, 20:52 »
Bulbapedia seems to list Lola as his mother...

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline precita

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 04:52 »
Misty is probably never going to appear in the anime again, not counting flashbacks or stuff like Japanese endings showing the older cast or whatever.

Her last appearance was when the Hoenn saga ended, and that's now 3 gens ago in 2005. They purposely chose not to have her appear in DP at all despite that saga being over 190 episodes, and she hasn't appeared in Best Wishes either. Its obvious the writers are done with her.

We didn't know it at the time, but those small handful of episodes Misty got during the Hoenn era turned out to be her final episodes of the series. Back in 2005 we didn't even know that May was going to leave and get replaced only 1 year later....let alone that it would be Misty's final episodes for the next decade.

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 20:42 »
First Footage Is Up.

Dunno if its just me not watching BW often and only seeing weekly screencaps, but the animation looks like its taken a step up unless they just made it look like that for the trailer....

Offline NTN

• 2010: Role Playing at its finest.
  • Mulholland Fan
  • My precious... >:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 21:08 »
Misty is probably never going to appear in the anime again, not counting flashbacks or stuff like Japanese endings showing the older cast or whatever.

Her last appearance was when the Hoenn saga ended, and that's now 3 gens ago in 2005. They purposely chose not to have her appear in DP at all despite that saga being over 190 episodes, and she hasn't appeared in Best Wishes either. Its obvious the writers are done with her.

We didn't know it at the time, but those small handful of episodes Misty got during the Hoenn era turned out to be her final episodes of the series. Back in 2005 we didn't even know that May was going to leave and get replaced only 1 year later....let alone that it would be Misty's final episodes for the next decade.

Misty could have a brief appearance, for one episode perhaps. May appeared in DP to enter a contest and ended up challenging Dawn. I don't see why Misty can't make an appearance when May had one sooner. But if Misty is completely gone, which is also possible, as well as May and the others, then let's feel good knowing that they can move on with their lives and grow older, hopefully, unlike Ash, unless the anime decides to bring them back for much longer and curse them once again.

Since many special things have happened with the games, and surely the anime can't fall short, hopefully there will be an Ash's Birthday episode, or something April Fools. A special occasion of some sort that has to do with one of the characters. Not just "special," because an Ash's Birthday episode would be more than that for the entire anime.

I'm hoping that the Pokémon franchise can cover up its dropping creativity with something like that, like they had done with adding fun features as a possible ulterior motive for the games and their not-so-special Pokémon, well most in my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 21:10 by Draghost haunts the site! »
I am your master.

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 00:41 »
Give it about 3-4 years and they'll be celebrating the 20th Anniversary. Maybe then they'll do a big get together to celebrate like the Mirage Pokemon special (Even if it was made outside of Japan).

Still, interesting how secret Ash's newest BFFs has still be kept secret...

Offline NTN

• 2010: Role Playing at its finest.
  • Mulholland Fan
  • My precious... >:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 03:34 »
Ash's new buddies will probably be one of the games' rival characters as well as a Gym Leader or some special figure at least. There's always something unique about a character. There has to be more of it now, since Pokémon has dropped its creativity in Pokémon basis but has increased its creativity in other aspects.
I am your master.

Offline precita

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 18:31 »
Give it about 3-4 years and they'll be celebrating the 20th Anniversary. Maybe then they'll do a big get together to celebrate like the Mirage Pokemon special (Even if it was made outside of Japan).

The difference is the main cast was a lot smaller back during the 10th anniversary. The only older characters at the time were Misty and Tracey, and May/Max/Brock were the current cast.

By the time the 20th anniversary hits, you have like 8 older main characters off the show, plus whoever Ash travels with in XY. I don't see them bringing back over 10 characters for one special, its just too much.

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 01:38 »
The difference is the main cast was a lot smaller back during the 10th anniversary. The only older characters at the time were Misty and Tracey, and May/Max/Brock were the current cast.

By the time the 20th anniversary hits, you have like 8 older main characters off the show, plus whoever Ash travels with in XY. I don't see them bringing back over 10 characters for one special, its just too much.
Tell that to Super Sentai who brought back 199 Rangers for 1 movie.....then again and all the Kamen Riders for another the year after. XD And yup, looks like Power Rangers will be doing something similar as well (It being its own 20th Anniversary this year).

Its more then possible, specially if its another hour long special, but we'll see...

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2013, 16:12 »
A poster in CoroCoro has the X and Y trainer girl. Looks like we're back to trainer girls this generation as Ash's female BFF.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2013, 16:22 »
A poster in CoroCoro has the X and Y trainer girl. Looks like we're back to trainer girls this generation as Ash's female BFF.

First blonde.

Also, I really hope Clemont isn't the Cilan replacement. Bring back brock pls.
Slowly an old member..

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2013, 17:26 »

Quite a bit to go from the larger more visible poster. So trainer girl, Clemont and a little girl as well. Possible the 1st four people group since AG or just the odd cameo?

Also confirmed VAs.

Rica Matsumoto (松本梨香): voice of Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani (大谷育江): voice of Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara (林原めぐみ): voice of Musashi
Shinichiro Miki (三木眞一郎): voice of Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama (犬山イヌコ): voice of Nyarth
Yuji Ueda (うえだ ゆうじ): voice of Sonansu
Unsho Ishizuka (石塚運昇): voice of the Narrator
Mayuki Makiguchi (牧口真幸): (Prior voice of Yaoki and Taka)
Yuki Kaji (梶裕貴): (Prior voice of Virgil)
Mariya Ise (伊瀬 茉莉也)

Which kinda confirms what I spotted in the poster with Meowth, Wobbuffet's probably coming back.

Offline precita

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2013, 20:27 »
Also, I really hope Clemont isn't the Cilan replacement. Bring back brock pls.

Brock's not coming back. And considering few people liked him in Sinnoh, that's a good thing.

As for the XY group, I don't mind a group of 4 again. Its just that Bonnie (the little girl), is going to run into the same problems as Max. After a while the writers ran out of things to do with Max and he was just there, so I don't see what they can do with Bonnie that's any different.

Serena is probably going to be another May or Dawn type character I guess.