Author Topic: Pokémon GO Releases!  (Read 7712 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
Pokémon GO Releases!
« on: July 06, 2016, 10:59 »
heck yeah my mans Pokémon GO finally came out last night (in Australia/New Zealand) which means if you want to, you can download and play it right now. I've been playing it for like 20 minutes in my room and I've caught Bulbasaur, Pidgey, Tentacool, and 3 Weedles (and in the time I spent writing this I caught another Pidgey). I don't think Pokémon usually occur on your position this easily, but I used an incense which draws Pokémon to my location for 30 minutes so it's been pretty easy for me.

Capturing Pokémon is fairly easy, you just have to throw the ball at them, and it seems like there are a lot of PokéStops and Gyms all over the place. I don't know what either of them do since I haven't been outside to a PokéStop yet, and you need to be Level 5 to access a Gym, but that's cool.

Right now, they only have Kanto Pokémon available, but I'm sure they want to expand the Pokémon you can catch in the future, considering there are 731 (?) Pokémon as of X/Y.

I'm excited to go and take a shower then go outside and catch me some more Pokémon!

My current haul:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:56 by Del »
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Pokémon GO Releases!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 11:11 »
AW HECK

time to go and............ catch em all

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 15:52 »
Good thing I just got a job. Can get a new phone that actually has a decent amount of room so I can dead inside and catch pokemon at the same time. Everyone wins. have to get that torchic squad together
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 18:38 »
Man everywhere says it's been rolling out today but I just can't seem to find it anywhere damnnnn I need Pokemon GO more than air
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 23:07 »
Ahhh, hasn't been released in Canada yet ;-;
Please, nintendo, I need this
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 02:22 »
if you have an iPhone you can make an iTunes account with an American address and download from the American App Store

It's fun when it's not having server troubles. Caught a spearow in Tesco earlier.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 05:26 »
i went downtown and there were SO many people playing PGO around town! i ended up setting up a lure and literally like 50 people ended up swarming around it and we ended up freaking the cops out. they came up to our car and shined flashlights at us and were like "oh you guys are playing that new pokemon game? that's fine but you all can't be here and gotta leave" and i'm like damn i spent that money on a lure. but what a time to be alive.

BTW guys, how i got the lures is download google play surveys, they give you like 20 cents for one question surveys, 90% of which are "are you hispanic or latino". it's sick and i've got like $30 from it

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 00:04 »
The servers always have problems so I don't get to play it very much.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 15:53 »
waiting for it to come out on iphone unfortunately - few more days, maybe a week
not going to bother cheating to get it earlier, as its kind of illegal and people are getting banned for it so im gonna play it safe

im gonna start walking a lot when i get this

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 16:41 »
its kind of illegal
At most it's against Apple's TOS to use a US/AUS/NZ account outside of those regions, so they'll probably ban that account after a while (which won't be an issue because by then you can just download the UK one, and your progress will be tied to a separate Google account), but it's hardly illegal.

people are getting banned for it so im gonna play it safe
The only people that have been banned are people using modified apps, which are obviously going to get you banned because that's cheating. Sideloading an app hasn't gotten anyone banned and anyone who tells you that is lying.

Anyway, been having a lot of fun with GO this week, my Pokédex is coming along nicely too, at 48/151. Strongest Pokémon is a 832 Magmar. Was sat down in the city centre yesterday near a Gym and it was fascinating watching how many people walked past playing the game catching Pokémon or approaching the gym. When it releases officially here it's going to be huge, I'm so excited.
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2016, 04:57 »
Join up Team Valor! We rule, let's take over the world! My town first ;p

I've been having a lot of fun, my friends and I were running all around town from 2 pm to 11 pm today catching pokemon and meeting other trainers. It is INSANE how many people are out playing it in my town. Friday night we had a crowd of 60 but average crowds are like 40 people. The police stopped by again and one of the officers downloaded the app and was asking us for tips and we helped her get started! I love this game, it's so cool, it's really nice to get out and walk around town, meet likeminded people, and then steamroll your enemies' gyms.

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2016, 05:20 »

This is all too real, unfortunately

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2016, 18:40 »
yeah its like barely illegal at all... i dont even think apple cares that much? ive been using the different account thing for months to play pazumatsu which is only available in japanese app stores.

most people i see getting banned are android users downloading the .apk from sites. modified or not, it seems to just be an issue there.

but apple barely care.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2016, 21:02 »
i caved and downloded it, i caught a rattata and pidgey. there's a gastly nearby (probably in my old high school coz its religious) but i cant find it

also the incense i used it, caught two pokemon, crashed, and now i think ive lost it
and my pokemon have disapeared but theyre in the pokedex???? what do

edit: going to restart. this is gonn abe great on my mental and physical health once i get some battery stuff and some data in
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 21:10 by Poison2007 »

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2016, 18:01 »
Finally have a day off work so I could spend a bit of time wandering about town with this! Got my ass handed to me at a gym but I did manage to find a Clefairy. Also I've learned more about this town through Pokespots that I have from living here for the past 31 years.

Team Valour ftw!