Author Topic: This website is dead  (Read 15156 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ShiraBliss

• The Girl Who Leapt Through Plot Holes
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Doot Doot Time to Animoot
    • View Profile
Re: This website is dead
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2015, 23:56 »
I joined in senior year of high school... now I'm 23 and have a BFA in Animation and work at Floyd County Productions.

I used to log on every day when I signed up, and now today is the first day that I've logged on since August 2014.

The website is slowing down a little bit, but I still feel so nostalgic logging on and talking about Pokemon. My coworkers are super cool, but a handful of them are pokemon fans, and only my friends from college still play (and only 2 have XY/ORAS).

It's nice going online and talking to people who love the same things that I do, and it's really refreshing seeing old faces from when I was more active still involved and popping up around PKMN.net

Even if things are slowing down and people are moving on, I still thoroughly enjoy revisiting the forums and browsing. It's nostalgic, and seeing both new and old faces just... IDK, it makes me happy.

I sound like an old woman, the way I prattle on about nostalgia. I am truly a 90s kid.
"I believe in the power of Love and secure WiFi!"

Homura Akemi (c) Puella Magi/Mahou Shoujo
Pokemon (c) Nintendo
Homura sprite done by me C:

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2015, 02:35 »
I guess it's easier to just have a complete zero tolerance on them because the moment you give leeway it can grow until it's a bit too lenient. Not saying I agree with it, just that I can see the reasoning behind it.

Would be cool to have a complete PKMN.net regional dex of Fakémon, though, even if not for a ROM, but finding the spriters is generally the hardest bit with fakémon, s you find most spriters do recolours / mixes but draw the line at complete scratches =/ Could give a pretty cool USP to the site though.

It's quite simple.  Most places I know of allow

- Discussion of ROMs
- Discussion of emulators
- Zero tolerance on linking, uploading, and advertising ROMs/emulators
- Linking PATCHES to ROMs are allowed, but not a pre-patched ROM or the ROM itself
- Discussing patches is allowed too

There's no real gray area or slippery slope here.  Having a bunch of restrictions is unique to this forum, and it's not like other forums don't have advertisers from toy shops and stuff like that.

I'm not really gonna push any sort of agenda here or whatever, but those are the facts and I'm not sure how stingy the staff is about this.  Especially since now's a time to be less stingy about things.  I'm not suggesting becoming a full blown rom/romhacks site but I'm also not suggesting censoring it like we censor blocked.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2015, 02:20 »
So, I'd like to get back to the streaming/tumblr/social media ideas. Can we have a show of hands of who's interested in doing something like this? I'm going to put a template form below, it's nothing official but just kind of states what you're interested in. Here's an example of how it might get filled out, be as flexible/creative with it as you want:

Username/Preferred Name: Turner
What you're interested in: Streaming videogames, streaming art, managing a tumblr account, other
Specifics: I want to do one weekly stream demonstrating competitive battling techniques and another weekly stream reviewing Pokemon toys
How much time you can contribute: 2 hours of streaming a week
Do you have an existing stream or tumblr account?: Yes, it's twitch.tv/turnerfrompkmnnet
Anything else to add?: Yes I think either John/Loz would be really good at running a PKMN.NET tumblr.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2015, 02:30 »
Username/Preferred Name:  Raven
Interested in:  General activity, streaming video games (namely Berwick Saga at the moment), recording "high level" playthroughs (low turn counts of FE for instance)
Time/Specifics:  I'm not sure what my streaming schedule will be like, since I'm in school
Twitch account:  twitch.tv/lraven17
Anything else to add:  I'll back whatever you need me to back, I'm gonna take a backseat to this and just offer suggestions.  I think we should try to make IRC a thing again, since nobody goes there anymore.

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2015, 02:33 »
Username/Preferred Name: Del or Tides
What you're interested in: Streaming videogames / Helping set up streams.
Specifics: I'd probably stream Pokémon games or something, I'd have to think about how regular I'd like it to be though. I'll say weekly but I'd probably stream more often than that to be honest. Could also stream other games, I'm not 100% on just Pokémon content, depends what people would want to see.
How much time you can contribute: Honestly depends how I'm feeling, at least two to three hours a week though.
Do you have an existing stream or tumblr account?: Yeah, twitch.tv/tidesofdel, but I'd likely make a new one if we decide to use separate accounts.
Anything else to add?: can't promise particularly high quality streams because i don't have a great upload rate but my heart makes up for my lack of upload
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2015, 05:34 »
Username/Preferred Name: Liz / Kpyna
What you're interested in: Streaming videogames, I can help find and relay news for a tumblr -- I'm down for most anything.
Specifics: Nuzlockes, fanmade games, other fun variants of games.
How much time you can contribute: This is hard for me to pin down for sure with school starting up, but I'd say bare minimum would be like 2 hours, I'm sure I'll be able to let you guys know for sure in a few weeks.
Do you have an existing stream or tumblr account?: No existing twitch atm, kroopatroopa.tumblr.com is my dusty tumblr
Anything else to add?: I'm pretty uninitiated to the whole twitch thing minus using it to watch DOTA and Twitch Plays Pokemon. I have a friend who does some charity work through twitch, he said he'd help me get a stream started, but I appreciate any tips you guys can offer me of course.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2015, 07:22 »
i nominate liz for any social media thing because liz is rad

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2015, 10:05 »
Username/Preferred Name: Loz/Shaymin/Cake
What you're interested in: Video game streaming, tumblr
Specifics: Currently I can stream any games I own on the Xbone (which is like, Inquisition, Legend of Korra and Ass Creed). I'm going to either try to save up or take stream tips in order to purchase whatever I need to be able to stream via xbox 360 (if my mum doesn't try to sell it), Wii and Wii U. If my computer behaves/I set up my other one, I may be able to stream games from my PC
How much time you can contribute: Currently a lot of time. When uni gets into swing, my time will lessen. Also depends on when my mum's up because I feel less comfortable streaming when she's in the room (as the consoles are in the living room)
Do you have an existing stream or tumblr account?: twitch.tv/shinypikachu93, spockdropandroll.tumblr.com. I also have a youtube where my streams are uploaded, here
Anything else to add?: i'd be down to run a tumblr

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2015, 10:56 »
Username/Preferred Name: Sylar, I like to be called Rudy (John is fine too)
What you're interested in: streaming art, maybe Videogames? I don't play many Videogames except guild wars 2, and all I do there is pve. I guess we could do a pkmn.net fractal/dungeon group if anyone else played it. Mostly art though I suppose.
Specifics: i mostly do like, Steven universe fanart or original story stuff nowadays but if we're doing tip things I could do pay what you want Pokemon requests I suppose. I ain't doing them for free tho the most free ones I'd do would be ones I wanna draw but if you want specifics then PAY UP!!!!!!!
How much time you can contribute: depends on my current workload. I'm free any day of the week at any time right now, but I also have commissions to do so those would be the priority. But I could probably be in with the 2 hour crowd, though I've had streams go up to 8 hours before LOL
Do you have an existing stream or tumblr account?: 8anter.tumblr.com, uglytrolls.tumblr.com is my never updated art tumblr too.
Anything else to add?: i could do a tumblr account or a Twitter account if we do that too. I'm Mentally Ill™ and it pretty much controls me so I'll be working probably based on how well my brains working that day.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2015, 11:40 »
Username/Preferred Name: Inferna/Courtney
What you're interested in: Probably streaming art I guess? I'd be up for helping to run any tumblr/twitter things and I'd be more than happy to make some graphics for each streamer as well as ones advertising it.
Specifics: I'd prefer doing pokemon art and making any of the graphics for a stream as long as they aren't too complex or time consuming. I've got access to Adobe programs and I'm pretty competent at using the main 3 programs (illustrator/ps/InDesign). Obviously I'd like to be credited for what I produce!
I'd be up for doing the whole branding side of things as well I guess? If we have a feel/vibe we want to go for then I'd be okay with doing that. Like if we want to have everything fairly consistent or not.
How much time you can contribute: not 100% sure on this yet, I start uni in a few weeks. I'm only in 3 days a week as far as I know right now so maybe a few hours on those days? If it's for background stuff then as and when I can I guess.
Do you have an existing stream or tumblr account?: infernnaaa.tumblr.com is my normal tumblr and infernasartss.tumblr.com is my art one.
Anything else to add?: I've never really streamed before but like I'm up for learning!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 12:04 by Inferna »

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2015, 11:51 »
I have no artistic talent or games what can I do? lol

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2015, 16:42 »
I have no artistic talent or games what can I do? lol

wanna do a sporadic podcast or something?

it'd be very hard for me to commit to anything due to full time work and other stuff right now so I could only do stuff at like, very random stages and I'm not really talented or have the resources to do streaming stuff (although I would be very interested in streaming games / video commentary)

Offline ShiraBliss

• The Girl Who Leapt Through Plot Holes
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Doot Doot Time to Animoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2015, 17:09 »
Username/Preferred Name: Shira/Lily
What you're interested in: Managing a tumblr or twitter account? (I can't take on too much stuff with my job)
Specifics: Use twitter and tumblr to advertise PKMN.net and blog about new Pokemon developments, competitive strategy, reviews, etc.
How much time you can contribute: That depends. I can get a lot of social media stuff done during my lunchbreaks, and when we don't have a crunch I have about 2 or so hours each day to myself, but if we are in a crunch I'm going to be working with little sleep.
Do you have an existing stream or tumblr account?: I do, but I can't share it on a child-friendly forum. I reblog some NSFW stuff (nudity, swearing,  etc.)
Anything else to add?: Yeah. I can draw and paint and color artwork if we need some extra.
"I believe in the power of Love and secure WiFi!"

Homura Akemi (c) Puella Magi/Mahou Shoujo
Pokemon (c) Nintendo
Homura sprite done by me C:

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2015, 22:34 »
wanna do a sporadic podcast or something?

it'd be very hard for me to commit to anything due to full time work and other stuff right now so I could only do stuff at like, very random stages and I'm not really talented or have the resources to do streaming stuff (although I would be very interested in streaming games / video commentary)

what kind of podcast are you thinking of?

like just chatting about general life? or Pokémon? I haven't played Pokémon in years so I think it'd be cool to try and talk about something I've lost all sense of how to play aha.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2015, 17:22 »
what kind of podcast are you thinking of?

like just chatting about general life? or Pokémon? I haven't played Pokémon in years so I think it'd be cool to try and talk about something I've lost all sense of how to play aha.

we could be like old men reminiscing about it something if needs be

I was just throwing out an idea of something I dunno lmao