Author Topic: breeding/team help  (Read 847 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
breeding/team help
« on: October 27, 2013, 19:19 »
yeah well I don't have the game /yet/ but once I do I wanna waste spend a lot of time in the game getting a good team

bearing in mind that I do not have the game yet so I don't have the pokemon yet & that I plan to fully evolve all of my pokemon...

also i'm useless at knowing what sets work best pls help

Delphox (I'm wonderin: should I bother trying to get the DW ability Fennekin to breed? I can also go with Greninja but I will NOT go Quilladin)
- Sp. Attack orientated? Looks like it from the levelup & the stats
so like..
Mystical Fire/Flamethrower
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Grass Knot/Rest/Calm Mind/Substitute/Other move

Talonflame (This pokemon is definite - not sure how useful DW ability is tho)
- Seems to be more attack and speed orientated?
- Focusing more on the flying side if I have Delphox - if not i'll focus on the fire side
Acrobatics (I never quite manage to add items to my pokemon, anyway)
Steel Wing/Swords Dance
Roost/Rest
Flame Charge/Aerial Ace/Sleep Talk?(Only w/ Rest)

... aaand I need four more. I genuinely don't know what pokemon I should go for that would fill up the rest of the types I'm missing. I'm planning on going with mega manectric though..and i don't know what kanto starter i should choose. hm..

Note that I'll probably have multiple HM slaves that I'll switch in and out - I'll be consulting guides to know what hms i need at which part!

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Re: breeding/team help
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 21:13 »
DW Delphox isn't really good. You lose the ability to hold an item and get one that you might not want. It has the potential to be useful, but also has the potential to be a burden.

Delphox@ Life Orb (for competitive)
{Blaze}
Timid nature (+Speed, -Attack)
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Sp. Attack / 6 HP
Calm Mind
Flamethrower
Psyshock
Grass Knot

This is what I used in-game, and it's very effective. CM once if you have the time, and blast away from there. Psyshock allows you to hit special walls harder, while Grass Knot gives you a way to kill bulky Waters.

Talonflame, on the other hand, has a wonderful Dream World ability, giving priority to all Flying moves. It's a bit redundant alongside Delphox, however.

Talonflame@ Leftovers/Life Orb
{Gale Wings}
Adamant nature (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
U-Turn
Roost

With Brave Bird getting priority, it's easy to spam this powerful attack. Flare Blitz is just as powerful, and provides extra coverage against Steel types. U-Turn allows Talonflame to escape while doing damage. Roost gets priority as well, and removes Talonflame's Flying type for the turn. You can drop some Speed for extra HP, given that Brave Bird has priority, but you lose out on Speed when Brave Bird's not an option. Still, something to consider, as more HP allows you more bulk and an easier time with the recoil from your STAB moves.

No time for more suggestions, off to work. -w-
Discord - richardblaziken