Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 380365 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #1335 on: January 25, 2016, 13:21 »
^ Deadlifts are vital brah, how many scoops are you using?

i googled "deadlift scoops" but still dont know what you're on about. is this hip bro terminology for something or other????? if its about the scoops of Protein then im actually Poor People-ing it and using asda's own brand slimfast as my Replenishment Protein shake //sad trumpet music//

until i get jobbed up (few months time w/ luck) i aint got the cash to get all creatine/protein'd up just yet, hence the bootleg approach. its workin for me for the most part cos i aint plateau'd yet, im having to take it dead slow cos of my dumb slippery joints and how it takes long n slow to get the ligaments/tendons up to speed with the muscles.

also deadlifts 4 lyfe, its one of my few workout mainstays until i get a roman bench and can do hyperextensions. p much Insurance against the "i didn't work out ever and now i have the spinal erectors of a literal baby" back pains later in life and god it feels great to be able to sit in this crap dumpster-dived office chair w ease. that and bent over rows. and squats. all wonderful things that make u feel POWERFUL

everyone please lift a weight.
           

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #1336 on: January 25, 2016, 14:37 »
if its about the scoops of Protein then im actually Poor People-ing it and using asda's own brand slimfast as my Replenishment Protein shake //sad trumpet music//

I work out using a kettle weight and don't use protein shakes or anything like that.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: January 25, 2016, 17:07 »
I work out using a kettle weight and don't use protein shakes or anything like that.

i end up crippled by metabolic stress for a good couple days unless i get a deece protein peak meal/shake in p much immediately after training so im not entirely sure why ur telling us this. not needing anything after a workout and being OK after usually means you didn't work out hard enough. several small reps of an easy weight to "tone up" is basically pointless. it needs to be a case of "losing form after 5-6 reps" weight, depending on whether you're doing Starting Strength or Brain Over Brawn or whatever.

after a Good Workout or any kind of HIIT ur meant to have a Peak Meal (hi carbs, hi sugar) straight after otherwise the DOMS gets you bad and u end up going into starvation mode (the aforementioned metabolic stress) cos ur body just blew a big load of ATP/glucose on your workout and you're not replacing it quick enough. also you need the protein so ur body repairs the microtears in the muscles from the workout adequately. its p much the only time u can Legally have a big fat cheeseburger w/ milkshake for your diet cos it ticks all the boxes (carbs, protein, sugary milk, etc. etc.) and its one of the biggest perks of Lifting imo.

tl;dr: if you get grouchy + pain + bad weird Withdrawals feeling mysteriously for a couple days after a workout then ur not replenishing post-workout well enough. if you're fine post-workout then you need to workout harder.

well thats my weightlifting info carepost about adequate post-workout replenishment hope everyone liked it, thx 4 readin
           

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 25, 2016, 19:24 »
I just shut down my virtual machine.

"Installing update 1 of 206"

What the hell?

This isn't even the half of it. I left it to install the updates overnight and I got stuck with this message for a couple of minutes after trying to start up my virtual machine today.

I'm currently trying to install the updates manually. Considering there are 206 updates to install, I know this is going to take a while.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 25, 2016, 21:40 »
 If you need a good high protein meal whilst trying to lose weight you could mix half a pot of cottage cheese with half a tin of tuna and put some greens in there. Fairly certain you'll be exceeding the daily dose of Vitamin C but it's like... very low calories and an okay amount of protein. It's probably closer to 300 calories tbh so double up and get that 1800kcal with that saucy deficit going.

If you're saving up for protein I would recommend MyProtein as it's pretty cheap and I could even see if they've emailed me a discount code if you're in a tight spot since I haven't been lifting since... like... September and I had a tub for Christmas so I'm well-stocked.

Generally avoid those BooTeatox things since I'm pretty sure they just give you savage poos and they act a little like laxatives.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: January 25, 2016, 21:57 »
i feel u sylar i gotta get up at seven (like not to beat u or anything my appointments just early). blood tests are awful i hope you can feel ok soon

also i will fight your friend

the idea of you waking up specifically to get to the doctor before me is hilarious i love it

thanks tho

tonite i almost made a friend but im too much of An Extroverte(tm) so i scared her instead of like being normal and gentle around my fellow Trans Youth

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1341 on: January 25, 2016, 22:53 »
gotta go the docs tomorrow but i'm goin durin open surgery times so it'll be 563453 hours before i am seen :)

i also have like.. 5 things i need to bring up. i gotta go back to the hospital as well and i just hate

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: January 26, 2016, 00:20 »
Semester 1 assignment 4 out of 4 is in for Thursday but it's so annoying that our last assignment is due in after our semester 2 lectures start. Like we don't get a single stress break at all. I would legitimately sell my soul for a week where I don't have a single thing to stress about
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline ninjacob555

• Psythor Fan
  • most violent pacifist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 26, 2016, 05:26 »
I have class at 9:25 tomorrow, it's currently half past midnight, and I just drank an energy drink.
Also my wifi is spotty at best and my phone isnt getting any signal.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #1344 on: January 26, 2016, 11:11 »
the idea of you waking up specifically to get to the doctor before me is hilarious i love it

thanks tho

"must get there first!!!! ugh!!!!!! (doctor can i rescedule to 6 am i really gotta beat sylar by a huge margin 'who the hell is sylar' I GOTTA BE COOL SOMEHOW DOC LEAVE ME ALONE)" <--- legit what happened yesterday tbh

im on my meds now. lil worried about fluoxetine 'cause i'm not used to meds and i had a reaction recently so i hope im not allergic to anything else

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 26, 2016, 12:53 »
If you need a good high protein meal whilst trying to lose weight you could mix half a pot of cottage cheese with half a tin of tuna and put some greens in there. Fairly certain you'll be exceeding the daily dose of Vitamin C but it's like... very low calories and an okay amount of protein. It's probably closer to 300 calories tbh so double up and get that 1800kcal with that saucy deficit going.

ah jeez thatd be perfect except cottage cheese is literally one of the rare foodstuffs (along w liver and also trifle sponges) that i literally cannot even tolerate the idea of, sadly. its just some weird bizarre alien crud hellstuff to me and ive tried to Grow Up and try it again in adult life but i still can't do it. people even eat it with fruit what the hell is goin on with that? i mean  there's also drinking skimmed milk for protein but ughhhhhhh i can't stand the stuff. its just water with white paint mixed in. blue top whole milk only or bust.

luckily all i care about are Muscle Gainz and i dont care dietwise if i end up with a big fat gut as long as i can punch people hard in the nads with my massive muscles. but thank u for ur cottage cheese dieting one weird tip, i will keep it in mind for others who are in need of it and will accredit u accordingly.  

however on the note of weird alien foodstuffs regarding bizarre forms of milk i DO have another bodybuilder fave at my disposal for the time being (kefir, been takin care of a milk kefir grain for a good 4+ years now) so hopefully that will do regardin Easy Protein and my nerd spaz muscles until i get Jobbed Up and start raking in the moolah.

If you're saving up for protein I would recommend MyProtein as it's pretty cheap and I could even see if they've emailed me a discount code if you're in a tight spot since I haven't been lifting since... like... September and I had a tub for Christmas so I'm well-stocked.

aww you're too kind (  •˘v˘•)⋆✰✴  bookmarked the site (by bookmarked i mean its in a tab in the hell mess of tabs i have in firefox) and i'd hate to impose but if i am finding myself Short on cash when i finally get my slow ass in gear and make an order i will def let u know

im on my meds now. lil worried about fluoxetine 'cause i'm not used to meds and i had a reaction recently so i hope im not allergic to anything else

as someone whos been on that v same med pharmacologically speaking YMMV.... (beth takes out her diorama on CYP2D6 metabolism speeds and serotonin transporter allele length discrepancies "PUT IT BACK BETH WE DONT CARE" puk yells. "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not fair" i whine as i begrudingly shove it back in my tatty nerd backpack)

...but its good if u need a kick up the butt pharmacologically (its "activating" as they say. it turns out i didn't need an activating drug) so see how you go on it. expect ur appetite to go down and if you've been doing a lot of laying around being sad expect a Coffee Buzz feeling and to be a bit more Up and With It, if thats the effect you're after. its quite a good med for most people?? but as with all meds if it aint The One, it just means ur one med closer to the med that actually works. good luck tho and keep fightin the good fight.

a plus about it is that it has a stupidly long half life (its metabolite, norfluoxetine has a half life of like, almost a fortnight) so you can forget a dose for one day and still be in theraputic levels more or less. its why its prescribed also to forgetfuls and teenagers so if they miss a dose then they dont end up in Trouble. some people can stop taking it p much cold turkey and it tapers itself off? not reccommended obvs but good to know. and its used as a crossfade kinda thing for people having trouble coming off other SSRIs which is nice

also, and this goes for any other depressed nerds, try to avoid paxil/paroxetine/seroxat if you can cos that one aint the kindest of ssris.

ok IM SHUTTING UP NOW soz i just love talking about mental health stuff
           

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 26, 2016, 21:31 »

hi i can't give u the deets that beth can give u because im not a psychiatrist or w/e beth is but im on fluoxetine and i can honestly tell u that i felt better within days.  i feel like i've gone downhill a bit recently but honestly if it works for u it is brilliant although obvs it might not work for u

thanks gl <3

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #1347 on: January 26, 2016, 21:58 »
hi yes good im on day 2, not a lot of change yet but it takes a few days to kick in anyway so i shall continue thank u for the hep u_u

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline ashthetic

• scrublord
  • Psythor Fan
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • rebubble me
« Reply #1348 on: January 26, 2016, 22:46 »
hi yes good im on day 2, not a lot of change yet but it takes a few days to kick in anyway so i shall continue thank u for the hep u_u

im on it as u know and its really helping me out so good luck my homodachi!!
E P I P H A N Y

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #1349 on: January 26, 2016, 22:55 »
im on it as u know and its really helping me out so good luck my homodachi!!
what's a homo datchi???

also my problem is you being a weeeeeeeeeeb <3

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid