Author Topic: Least Favourite Things About X/Y  (Read 3640 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Utack and Swampy

• "Generally, anything in the 31-28 range is fantastic, 27-24 is ok, 23-lower is no."
  • Fan Fan
  • Smooth as a Silcoon~
    • View Profile
    • My Art
Re: Least Favourite Things About X/Y
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 02:07 »
-Lack of Postgame. The Looker missions are good but it's not really enough. I'm sure there will be more to come, so I'm not complaining just yet but I still think some extra stuff would be nice.

That's my largest complaint... There's not much to do after beating the game.

Thank's to Blake... for the awesome sig!

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 04:16 »
-Nintendo Memes. Yeah, over 9000, my body is ready...they might be funny every now and again, but I don't feel like Pokemon is the right series to do this in. Pokemon's selling point IMO has always been that it's a complete world that doesn't try to live off it's fame as a videogame, it tries to make itself believable. When you've got trainers saying things like 'CAN HAZ BATTLE?' I just sigh in my head because it breaks the suspension of belief.

This has been a thing since Diamond/Pearl though.  I didn't like it then either, but it's not a particularly specialized complaint like your other ones were.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 05:44 »
This cannobe compared with Johto, which had a very long story...

But yes with Kanto (even Fire Red up to some point) and Hoenn (especially Hoenn). I think all games commit this sin. But I am still with Dick; we need Eviolites and Lefties.

Ah, and... I need to see a monument for Team Flare. Their death was awesome (covered and shrunk for SPOILAAAAAAAAAAHHHHSSSSS!!!!♫♪)
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 06:35 »
I also was disappointed that Iknay/Malamar CANNOT learn Octazooka. I mean squids use ink as a defense and the move's in-game description is "The user attacks by spraying ink in the target's face or eyes. It may also lower the target's accuracy."
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Danse Macabre ( 6,6)

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 11:20 »
My least favourite thing about X & Y is that they went to the trouble of recording a new cry for Pikachu... but then left a lot of other fan favourites with their old 8-bit screeches. I'd have loved it if my Alakazam (personal favourite 'mon) bellowed his name out before slapping my opponent's upside their heads.
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 15:07 »
This has been a thing since Diamond/Pearl though.  I didn't like it then either, but it's not a particularly specialized complaint like your other ones were.

I think it's more a combination of two things: Firstly, Diamond and Pearl didn't have as many memes and they weren't as obvious and secondly, internet memes now are much more well known than they were in 2007. When D/P came out it was more like a tongue in cheek reference, but with everything in X/Y it just feels like they really laid it on thick in an age where memes are all over facebook etc.

Offline Catstorm

• *MEMERS 4EVER 2K14*\\HONORARY MEMBER//
  • Joeno Fan
  • ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 17:44 »
I would have liked X/Y better if there were contests again. Musicals in 5th gen were lame and now Pokémon are really only worth something if they're good for battles, or shiny.
macaw5: *at a lunch table*.... I only have one question. Where did the table come from
i dont go on this site almost at all any more so feel free to check out my
tumblr, deviantart and
youtube