Author Topic: Pokemon: Black & White manga  (Read 8059 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Chris Riley 64

• Iceduck Fan
  • Insert something witty here.
    • View Profile
Pokemon: Black & White manga
« on: October 02, 2011, 23:55 »
Is the Pokemon: Black and White manga a chapter in Pokemon Special/Adventure or is it its own manga series?

It seems shorter volumes than other, following the games more than previous chapters and there's no mention of Adventures or Special in the title.

However, the main characters are still called Black and White and the drawing style seems the same...

Anyways, what do people think about it?
Fanfic - http://pkmn.net/?action=fanfics&page=author&id=11808

Offline Flowton

• Joeno Fan
  • ~
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon: Black & White manga
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 21:23 »
Yeah, it's part of Pokémon Adventures (look at the back of the cover, near the top). And it's AWFUL.
I suppose I've only read three volumes of it so far, but still... it's just horrible, and I don't think it can ever be fixed. The art is mostly sub-par (though I suppose that's to be expected from this series), the story - in the places where it differs from the game plot - is weird, the dialogue is depressingly bad, most of the characters are just... annoying... (especially Bianca)

My advice: Stay away. There are much better Pokémon manga series out there.

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 22:53 »
Eh, I found it OK. Although I wouldn't assume my taste in manga is particlarly anything

Offline ~Evanscence~

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction account (I've added quite a bit!!)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 00:39 »
it's rather meh to me. doesn't beat the previous Pokespe arcs though. not even close
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
  • I may be good... but I don't play nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 10:13 »
It doesn't seem to fit the rest of the arcs yet. White could be said to be a female Ruby but the link is weak. As for Black... Yeah I have nothing.

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 20:09 »
Honestly, after reading it a little closer, I don't find the plot or characters to be particularly different from the other arcs. I don't remember liking either features at the beginning any other time, but they do eventually grow on me.
Is the Pokemon: Black and White manga a chapter in Pokemon Special/Adventure or is it its own manga series?

It seems shorter volumes than other, following the games more than previous chapters and there's no mention of Adventures or Special in the title.
I think they're published in a pokemon magazine instead of in their own volumes, which is why they might seem a bit smaller

((sorry for the necro I'll go away now))

Offline Danse Macabre ( 6,6)

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 11:48 »
i lied i lied really hard i screwed up i'm trash i'm sorry
black is a p good character but the way they depict white and her terrible choices make me sad 8( knight/princess dynamic between the two gets old real fast

How far have you got through the series? I'm on volume 2 and haven't been amazed... but have been hoping it picks up as it goes along. Let's not forget that each volume is really short so the story doesn't have as long to grab you per purchase.
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 22:13 »
i lied i lied really hard i screwed up i'm trash i'm sorry
black is a p good character but the way they depict white and her terrible choices make me sad 8( knight/princess dynamic between the two gets old real fast
Yeah, wth, cant believe that whole ferris wheel thing actually happened. I've only been able to get the manga in patches so I don't really have a cohesive grasp on it yet. One day I might just buy the books :P