Author Topic: The PKMN.NET Study Thread (Or: Try to Motivate Yourself to Work by using Others)  (Read 1420 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
What is this thread?
I have made this thread with the intention of allowing people to discuss any school/uni/work-based work they might be doing at the moment.  This does not need always to be filled with complaints - it can be updates or you might just want to talk about work that you're finding particularly exciting.  On the other hand, it can be used to ask for explanations or resources to help with a particular piece of work.

What is this thread not?
A place in which you can get other people to do work for you - which is my first and foremost concern in making this.  It is also not a place to brag about achievements (being proud of a good grade is fine; implying that your grades make you better than anyone else is not) - and if someone's happy about a C and you're unhappy with a B, do not rub it in.  I will only express that particular sentiment once.  A sense of one-upmanship on how much work you have is also the sort of thing that will rub other people the wrong way.

-

I'm doing some English work for McEwan's Atonement right now.  It's been my absolute favourite book since I was eleven, so I'm pumped that I get to analyse it this closely.

I'm not going to lie - it's harrowing, and some of it is really hard to wrap my head around, but it's also beautifully written.  This particular homework is about 'evidence for the self-conscious narrative'.  My teacher said it would only take around forty five minutes, but I'm probably only just halfway through and I've been working for an hour.  That's okay, though, because my ADHD meds are a wonder and it's so nice to actually be able to concentrate on anything. 

Also finding it really hard to properly, truly dislike Briony in spite of everything.  I think I relate to her a little too much.

thanks gl <3

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Speaking of literature, i'm working on a literary analysis essay on A Prayer for Owen Meany that's giving me some fits. I have to find at least 2 outside sources to support my claim, in which that the narrator offers practically nothing to the story, and i'm having trouble finding anything.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
i'm studying (kind of) for a european history test tomorrow on the catholic reformation

kind of stinks to have a test on a monday but i might survive maybe idk :))????????

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
i dont go to college or anything anymore but i've been studying writing since i was like 11 and yeahhh...

anyway, ive got a few scenes imagined for two fics I have going up - the pokemon one i have under 'your art' and the teen titans one i dont remember if i ever mentioned lmao. Currently working on the teen titans one, and i'm about to beta the next chapter using a new method to see if i can structure it a lil better. If I'm successful, woohoo.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
We've moved on and have started to read The Scarlet Letter. I've heard it's good but so far the wording has me confused.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
I have to make an A1 sized poster detailing the History of Language between AD 450 to AD 1450 and the deadline is 2nd November.

Weird because it's an official assignmemt but worth 0% of my module. Anyway, it's a good job this is at least the third time I've learnt about Language History now ors I'd be a bit stuck

Also got about 1/4 of my creative writing piece for this semester done & on its first draft. I'm workshopping it today with my nearest and dearest writer buddies so it'all be well on its way after that
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
 I have to figure out how to use SPSS and the handbook that shows you how to use it sold out immediately so they must have had about 5 copies in the uni bookshop.

Way out of my depth here but I really like the layout and I'm finding statistics to be super comfy at the moment since it's fun to find out the mean, average, and interquartile range... and stuff.

It's sold out on Amazon too, so I'm going to have to pre-order it? A little annoyed that I wasn't told about this in advance since I could have ordered a copy a lot earlier but what can you do.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
It's been a while since I posted here!!!

I've handed in my English Coursework, Personal Statement and EPQ.  We've moved onto Chaucer in English and I'm pleased to report that I love him a lot.

thanks gl <3

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
i am trying to stop being such a big dumb baby about the associative emotions of Terror and learning ever since i had the bright idea to send myself to a Hard Uni with an incredibly dumb braine but overinflated sense of ability (hint: its really good if you need a huge wakeup call and the metaphysical equivalent of a real hard 'shroom trip but the cost in Anxiety and Terrors is probably a bit too big), but,

i am currently meant to be Bettering Myself by giving myself a bit of self-directed psychoeducation. basically trying to teach myself neurology w.r.t. mental problems/ASD/etc. so i understand it a bit better cos learning the Science behind your body clock has literally saved my wellbeing about 100000 times so far.

and my ad hoc syllabus starts with learning how the brain works and reading this one dudes incredibly concise and Good website about the (you heard it here second) Bipolar Spectrum and making notes from this Dorling Kindersley book of the Human Body (science textbooks are too hard) but honestly its just finding the time right now

every so often i do manage to click onto the psycheducation website and re-read a section about something and it Clicks a teensy bit better though.
           

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
pokemon fic's coming along good. chapter 2 is well on the way and im learning how to get better at writing how conversation is done re: bod language

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
who invented Korean Grammar man even though it's so simple and logical it's impossible i can't identify what word is a subject or a topic or an object aaaaaaaaaa

really cool language though I'm enjoying studying it even though it's simultaneously suffering. I've been putting off studying a lot though so I'm super far behind so I need to buckle down and actually start putting in effort more but aaaaaa grammar
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Finished my personal statement a few days ago (college deadline was 2nd November), and now I can concentrate on my subjects.

It's about time too, even though I have no energy or motivation or even a decent mood to do my work (may have to get help for that, oops). I have two assignments due in soon, two resubmissions for BTEC subjects, and a lot of revision to prepare before Christmas even rears its head.

One assignment is gonna be set soon, the other is in for next Friday and is pretty heavy on theory (about computer animation, oh the joy). I need Distinctions on both assignments and on both resubmissions. Here's hoping!

(Hi btw)