Author Topic: Favorite Game. Ever.  (Read 4411 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mr. Apple

Favorite Game. Ever.
« on: May 11, 2013, 00:35 »
This is like picking your favorite child. Its something you don't reall y want to do, but you do it anyway. Kinda self explanitory. What is your favorite game, whether it be pokemon, zelda, , Mario,  call of duty, ANYTHING.
Mine would have to be either Pokemon Blue Rescue team, or sapphire. (I realise I picked 2 pokemon games, which is kinda lame, but whatever)

Whats yours??

Offline lugia95

• Joeno Fan
  • Credit to Chloe for the awesome avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Game. Ever.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 00:48 »
Don't make me choose! It's too painful.

But if I have to (which I don't) I'd probably say Pokemon Sapphire, purely for the nostalgia value. However, the original Ace Attorney comes in a close second.

Offline Goshdarned Sillyface

• Mayonegg
  • Iceduck Fan
  • hon hon baguette eiffel tower
    • View Profile
    • welcome to my steam account
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 02:02 »
it's a tie between pokemon soul silver, team fortress 2 or portal
but of course we all like pokemon here :u
hey gastrodon guess what

grass types

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 04:06 »
Fire Emblem:  Path of Radiance

The only FE game that i've had the patience to beat like 13+ times over.  Everything about this game is beautiful except the gameplay is a little bit too broken...

EDIT:  Let me put things in perspective.  Compare this to other FE games.

a) the lord is of nobility.  Ike isn't.
b) the lord is generally polite and diplomatic.  Ike has been nothing but blunt towards nobles he's disagreed with.
c) the lord is universally respected by his allies.  Ike has people like Shinon and Gatrie, that up and left as soon as he took command, and people who only fought with him because he was up against "sub-humans."
d) the lord is incredibly sheltered, seeing as he is nothing but a common mercenary.
e) the lord's personal weapon is given to him due to birthright.  Ike has Ragnell...  which is one of Altina's swords...  and Altina is Sanaki's ancestor, not at all Ike's.  Ike has no holy lineage at all; the closest he has is Greil being a former Rider of Daein.
f) most of the big bads either have some sort of occultish religion or genuinely believed what they were doing was right.  Ashnard does not care for anything but power, and will gladly die so long as those with power are in rule.
g) Genocide and Racism, for the first time, is probably one the biggest plot themes in this game.
h) The most important part of this whole thing is no single character feels tacked on.  Every single person you have recruited has a reason to fight in this war, and has an emotional backstory involved with what they do.  Many do it out of devotion to their lord, others wish to support their family, others do it for social justice, some are in it for money, and there's only one or two characters I can list which have very little business being there (Mia and Ilyana off the top of my head).  Almost everyone has some sort of backstory or redeeming feature about them which keeps you wishing you can use everyone on every single map.  There is not a single character I do not hate, and even characters like Mia and Ilyana, as one-dimensional as they are, can be endearing.
i) Screw h), the most important part is the plot is fantastically written unlike other FE games, and despite cheesy voice acting the emotion in many of the written lines is phenomenal.
It doesn't matter what our blood ties are.  We are family.
The pain and sadness is in you, Brother. It clouds your very soul. To see you like this, to watch you. It hurts me. Please...do not lose yourself to hate
All of Chapter 17 (all four parts) were actually amazing, and it all had a conclusion in this.
I love the final chapter's title - Repatriation.
And finally, Life Returns.  One of the most beautiful credits songs I have heard in my life.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 08:03 by Lord Raven »
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 04:51 »
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. Many, many reasons, but nostalgia and it coming at a time of my life where I had never experienced any game like it laid the foundation for my love for this game. I've finished it countless times, and will finish it several dozen more before I die, I'm sure.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 11:58 »
Digimon World and Final Fantasy IX.

Digimon World defined my childhood. I remember when I first had the game, I was so entertained by the sounds that Digimon made when pooping. I remember going to Stourbridge one day with my dad, and I ended up going into a shop and happened upon a basket of unofficial game guides. And there I found a guide for Digimon World. I was no longer confined to the central areas of the island. No more would I have to digivolve into Numemon. I WAS FREE. And I still replay this game all the time. It's only recently that I've digivolved my In-Training Digimon to Kunemon, digivolved an Agumon into Greymon, raised Ultimates with ease, arrived at Beetle Land... I remember how it felt when I finally recruited every Digimon to the village.

... I just remembered one Christmas where I sat down with a catalogue and ticked off everything I wanted, and I asked for Digimon World 2003. This was December of 2002. Gosh, I'm old. ;____;

FFIX is just amazing. The characters, the gameplay, the scenery, the music and the feel of the game just feel wonderful, even now. And it's frustrating enough to make me replay certain boss fights for something as trivial as being unable to steal something. Sometimes it's all the trivial, little things that make a game amazing.

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 12:19 »
Digimon World and Final Fantasy IX.

Digimon World defined my childhood. I remember when I first had the game, I was so entertained by the sounds that Digimon made when pooping. I remember going to Stourbridge one day with my dad, and I ended up going into a shop and happened upon a basket of unofficial game guides. And there I found a guide for Digimon World. I was no longer confined to the central areas of the island. No more would I have to digivolve into Numemon. I WAS FREE. And I still replay this game all the time. It's only recently that I've digivolved my In-Training Digimon to Kunemon, digivolved an Agumon into Greymon, raised Ultimates with ease, arrived at Beetle Land... I remember how it felt when I finally recruited every Digimon to the village.

... I just remembered one Christmas where I sat down with a catalogue and ticked off everything I wanted, and I asked for Digimon World 2003. This was December of 2002. Gosh, I'm old. ;____;

FFIX is just amazing. The characters, the gameplay, the scenery, the music and the feel of the game just feel wonderful, even now. And it's frustrating enough to make me replay certain boss fights for something as trivial as being unable to steal something. Sometimes it's all the trivial, little things that make a game amazing.

Digimon was amazing. First ever playstation game.

But my favorite is Pokemon Diamond, because of my connection to the site and I love the moment is first came out and we were all using Wi-Fi for the very first time. Plus, it's a pretty amazing game.
Slowly an old member..

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 17:05 »
Besides pokemon it's got to be spyro 1/2/3 <3 spyro 1 was my first ever game and i just loved it.
other games are animal crossing (hi wasted life), windwaker (my first zela game, i loved the music and graphics) and the prof layton series.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 17:06 »
I like many games, I can't decide!
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 02:26 »
Hmm. This is a difficult one. If we're talking about current favourite game, it's a choice between Luigi's Mansion 2 and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Favourite game of this era, I would have to say either Awakening or Okamiden. From my childhood, however, it would be either Theme Hospital, Discworld Noir, or Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey.

Admittedly, if I still had a way of playing it on my laptop, it would definitely be Discworld Noir or Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, but outdated platform problems. This will change eventually. And then my life will be glorious.
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Eifie

• "The
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 03:46 »
I love Spyro: Year of the Dragon. It's the third Spyro game (it is said that the first three Spyro games were the best, but what do I know), it's for PlayStation (1) and I played it a lot when I was younger. It's great, because, well - you get to be a cute little dragon, jumping around, killing sheep and collecting eggs that hatch into cute little baby dragons! Yay.

(By floppyneko at deviantART)

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 00:41 »
Resident Evil 2. That was easy.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 02:15 »
Pokemon Gold.

I feel like every generation of Pokemon has brought about something amazing in my life, (Besides Gen V). Gen I was the start, by Gen II everyone was on the wagon and loved it, it was part of the most amazing days of my childhood. Gen III was the beginning of me really first taking my steps on the internet and joining PKMN.NET, Gen IV was like a really huge, grand re-boot thanks to online. Gen V was interesting in that it seemed very different to the past generations in its execution and oddly was released at a time I felt least connected to the franchise, I guess that too is reflective of my circumstances. Gen VI well, time will tell what that brings.

Other than Pokemon...I've always loved Super Mario World, another big nostalgic favorite with me but just had such a charming world that really struck a chord. I'd also have to nominate GTA: San Andreas, even now I can just have so much fun cruising through the desert listening to the radio, it introduced me to a load of great music that has made a considerable change on my life, it made me loads of new friends I still talk to to this day and just generally was a lot of fun.

Offline LaggySoldier

• Take a look at my Pokemon, now back at your Pokemon, now back at mine. You wish your Pokemon was this cool. Unfortunately, it is not. I'm on a Steelix.
  • Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 04:10 »
That's easy, Portal 2.

Offline Moon Chaser

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 14:16 »
It's a tie between Spyro: Year of the dragon, Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped and Fallout New Vegas (probably going to be replaced by Fallout 3 when I finally get around to playing it). Crash Bandicoot 3 was the first game I ever played, Spyro is the game I must have spent the most time on as a kid and Fallout just has so much to do, so many places to go and the amount of different ways to do things means, you're done with one play-through you just start all over again.