Author Topic: Magikarp's Awesomeness  (Read 8424 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sangajin

• YU-GI-OH! Duelist
  • Joeno Fan
  • Go, Venustoise! Use Gunk Shot!
    • View Profile
    • My Bebo page
Magikarp's Awesomeness
« on: August 22, 2011, 00:36 »
We all remember the days back when we first fired up our pokémon red/blue/yellow.
We felt fine and dandy, just taken down Brock, bought a few potions, pokéballs.
Then, we battled a few trainers, and found our pokémon needed a much deserved rest.
There was a pokémon center quite conveniently next to Mt. Moon, where you were about to enter until you heard about the ZUBATs.
You rest up at the pokemon center and you spot a shifty looking fellow in the corner. Being the nosey kid you were, you talked to the guy. He offereg to sell you a "MAGIKARP" for £500. Of course, being the young, naive trainer you were, and , not knowing just exactly what a MAGIKARP was, you accepted. The guy then tells you that you, 'knew what you were getting'.
Thinking nothing of it, you decide it is time to proceed to Mt. Moon. You step one foot inside and a GEODUDE appeared. You sent out you starter pokémon first, then, you decided to give this new pokémon a try. out comes, what looks like a run-of-the-mill fish. You think, 'okay, here it goes' and tell it to attack with SPLASH, thinking it would splash a geodude with water and damage it, however, nothing happened.
From that point forward, you wondered why you paid £500 for such a weak pokémon, until later that was.

OranBerrySandvich

Re: Magikarp's Awesomeness
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 00:51 »
Ah, the Platinum Resort Area. I'd just pass the time, seeing if I could catch a lv. 100 Magikarp. I checked a guide, and was thoroughly disappointed.

Offline Pretty Awesome

• [citation needed]
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 12:55 »
Magikarp is among the most awesome of Pokemon. I have loved it ever since I bought one in Pokemon Yellow. If anyone actually deserves an awesomeness thread it is certainly this guy.

I also bought one in my White save. Brilliant piece of business on my side.

Offline Reshurott Inferno

• Pokèmon Master-ish!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Hey There, everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 22:56 »
My favourite Magikarp is either:
1) A Platinum one
2) A HG/SS one
3) A DW one

...because of Bounce.

My Black/White 2 Teams.

Offline Zombiekiller23

• Was formerly known as Zombiekiller23....
  • Rex Fan
  • Hello people of planet AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
    • Global PokedeX Plus - Hatch 'em all!
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 15:09 »
Yes, Magikarp does quite suck, but once it evolves into Gyarados is becomes very powerful. Who would have known?

Offline Pretty Awesome

• [citation needed]
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 17:06 »
Yes, Magikarp does quite suck

Get out. This is a Magikarp awesomeness thread, so talk about how awesome it is.

Also it can actually cause a lot of damage once it learns flail, but by then it should be a Gyarados so there isn't too much point in having it. If it is used correctly is doesn't suck, but Gyarados is a better Pokemon anyway.

Offline Nightmare Eater

• The Darkness in a Demon
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Screaming, Darkness and...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 19:32 »
Oh Magikarp. Many people don't even notice it exists or just call it lame. They knew nothing.
Something about evil

Man I love experimenting with this sprite.

Offline Zombiekiller23

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 20:12 »
Get out. This is a Magikarp awesomeness thread, so talk about how awesome it is.

Also it can actually cause a lot of damage once it learns flail, but by then it should be a Gyarados so there isn't too much point in having it. If it is used correctly is doesn't suck, but Gyarados is a better Pokemon anyway.
You apparently did not understand me... :dry: yes Magikarp sucks because of only learning tackle at lv. 16, but my point is, is that even though all it has is splash doesn't mean it isn't awesome! After all, it does evolve into a wickedly powerful pokemon!

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 21:38 »
You apparently did not understand me... :dry: yes Magikarp sucks because of only learning tackle at lv. 16, but my point is, is that even though all it has is splash doesn't mean it isn't awesome! After all, it does evolve into a wickedly powerful pokemon!
magikarp can pwn gyarados any day

Offline Legacy

• I know I'm in my own little world but it's ok, they know me here.
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 21:48 »
It's true. Gyarados holds nothing against Magikarp. Magikarp is the Prince of the pond. The Lord of the lake. No denying it, if you haven't used this thing, you're obviously oblivious to it's epic awesomeness. Does that face look like it's playing with you? No! It's gonna rip you apart and eat you for breakfast, and perhaps even lunch if it can make you last long enough!

Magikarp. Get one. Or else!
No man is ever truly good.
No man is ever truly evil.
I do the things you never could,
and we won't ever be equal

Offline Zombiekiller23

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 23:06 »
I'm still not saying Magikarp sucks!! It is awesome!! :yeswink:

Offline Aggron is awesome

• I WUV AGGRON!!!!!!
  • Rex Fan
  • Don't you wuv Aggron???
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 01:47 »
It's true. Gyarados holds nothing against Magikarp. Magikarp is the Prince of the pond. The Lord of the lake. No denying it, if you haven't used this thing, you're obviously oblivious to it's epic awesomeness. Does that face look like it's playing with you? No! It's gonna rip you apart and eat you for breakfast, and perhaps even lunch if it can make you last long enough!

Magikarp. Get one. Or else!
Yeah, I'd like to see it try. Speaking of magikarp, who else wants to train a magikarp to level 100?
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Catstorm

• *MEMERS 4EVER 2K14*\\HONORARY MEMBER//
  • Joeno Fan
  • ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 05:53 »
Magikarp is pretty amazing.

First of all, in the anime, it's pretty evident in the SS Anne episode that Magikarp is ridiculously tough. It can withstand any Bite attack. It can also evolve when provoked, which is shown in G/S/C and the show. We don't even know what level it was at, but seeing as the Magikarp dealer in RBYG gave you a lower-leveled one, it must have the power to gain lots of levels upon reaching the emotional breaking point, causing in quick evolutions. This can be caused by Dragon Rage from Gyarados, radio waves, and being kicked.

Next, it has the amazing power of flail bouncing. It can probably leap over a one-story building with its combination of feral struggles and pure muscle strength. One powerful twitch of the body can send it flying. This is how the Magikarp made it to places like Sinnoh, Hoenn, and Unova. Their intelligent brains figured that it would be easier to avoid underwater predators by simply hitchhiking. They can also survive forever on land, seeing this in the drained Lake Valor in Sinnoh.

Disturbingly, the mental powers of Magikarp are enormous. This is why Gyarados becomes so angry - they cannot exert this force until they are fully evolved - Gyarados can also shoot laser beams, meaning that they store a huge amount of potential energy. They are incredibly massive, which is why they are so hard to KO.

A final note is the Speed of this amazing creature. Using the pure muscle force from earlier, they can go extremely fast by waving their tailfins back and forth and pressing the whiskers against the body to achieve the maximum speed possible. They can avoid predators who chase them with futile desires. They swim near the surface, so it is necessary anyway.

Basically, Magikarp is pretty amazing.

macaw5: *at a lunch table*.... I only have one question. Where did the table come from
i dont go on this site almost at all any more so feel free to check out my
tumblr, deviantart and
youtube

Offline Alphochio

• Sowoneul Malhaebwa~ ;)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Don't like legendaries so I release them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 15:12 »
So many trolls here.  D:

The only way magikarp is powerful is by the Smeargle and Ninjask cheat.  =/
This pokemon sucks. Feebas is better~

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 15:34 »