Author Topic: Pokemon Conquest style RP?  (Read 5481 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
  • Hey need to heal you pokemon? Well Gary oak--NO
    • View Profile
Pokemon Conquest style RP?
« on: October 10, 2012, 22:34 »
I liked the idea of Pokemon Conquest with different kingdoms all fighting over territory. But the game was kinda disappointing. Anyway I think the idea could be made into a good RP and I have already got a story in mind. But I don't know how many people know the game and if no one knows the game it would be pointless typing up the story.

So would anyone be interested in a Conquest style RP.
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.
Also called Cody on err... pretty much everything.
When I play Pokemon I follow my personal Rule: I can only use Each Pokemon once across all games that I can transfer Pokemon across. I have used 108 different Pokemon I think.

Offline Legacy

• I know I'm in my own little world but it's ok, they know me here.
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Conquest style RP?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 20:38 »
I was considering doing a Conquest style RP myself, but it'd be somewhat difficult to work it out. If you write out the plot idea you have, it may entice people to give it a shot =]
No man is ever truly good.
No man is ever truly evil.
I do the things you never could,
and we won't ever be equal

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 23:34 »
I'm interested in this! c: I'm not too sure how I can help plot-wise except maybe raise some questions, but I'd be happy to help with the general map and how big/small territories are, assuming that territories are already set.

With the territories, if we had for example 10, we could make two maps, one with territories numbered and one without numbered territories and people just pick a number between 1 and 10? It could help with some character development, like how a character who just wants to keep their people safe would need to deal with having a large bit of territory with somewhat experienced warriors and an ambitious character who wants to rule the the country or something start with a small kingdom with slightly inexperienced warriors. I mean, it's just extremes, but.. yeah. Sorry if that was difficult to understand haha.

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 23:02 »
Well when it comes to territory ideas i'll take as much help as possible.

Plot idea:
One day in the land of [whatever] all of the lands warlords were called to a meeting ... and were never seen again. So it was left to the junior warlords to take control and keep there warriors in check or use this opportunity to attack other kingdoms. Meanwhile the warlords find themselves in an backwards realm which they can either try to escape or try and take over the other realm which has only one king who must be over thrown to escape or to control.

So I was think your character could be a Warlord, junior warlord, warrior (loyal or otherwise) or an other realm character either loyal to the king or opposed to the king.

So could this work as an RP?
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.
When I play Pokemon I follow my personal Rule: I can only use Each Pokemon once across all games that I can transfer Pokemon across. I have used 108 different Pokemon I think.

Offline Legacy

• I know I'm in my own little world but it's ok, they know me here.
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 23:28 »
With that many positions available, and with that many different areas, it's going to be too busy and/or too confusing to keep track of everything.

I like all the ideas there, but particularly the one about the Warlords in the backwards realm. It's simple and yet interesting.
No man is ever truly good.
No man is ever truly evil.
I do the things you never could,
and we won't ever be equal

Green Apple

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 19:04 »
That sounds interesting. I might do something like that if it doesnt get confusing!

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 21:43 »
Ok to stop confusion and to let me do less work i'll cut the RP in half and only do one side. But I need to know what side people would prefer to do, The backward realm side or the junior warlord side.
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.

Green Apple

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 21:53 »
i like the jr. warlord one more, but i don't really care, they're both good ideas

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 23:10 »
I don't mind, but the backwards realm by itself sounds more like it would be a standard Pokemon roleplay if it was just.. left at that. Both ideas sound good to me though, so I really do don't mind c:

Offline Stmacl

• A force so evil that it wears a suit!!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • So what are you gonna do... DEWOTT?!
    • View Profile
    • My blog the woes of a pokemon nerd
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 14:16 »
I like this idea, but it looks like it'll be heavy on PvP. You're going to have to monitor everything carefully.

I was once in a roleplay with PvP like this. 2 characters survived an 8 page battle (about 500 posts on that RP forum) just because they didn't want to lose. One of the characters survived 6 of those pages without their head...

So yeah be careful so you don't get that.

Good idea overall though.

No-one cared when I made a Nuke launcher, but no-one really agreed with my nuke machine gun...

Green Apple

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 22:01 »
I like this idea, but it looks like it'll be heavy on PvP. You're going to have to monitor everything carefully.

I was once in a roleplay with PvP like this. 2 characters survived an 8 page battle (about 500 posts on that RP forum) just because they didn't want to lose. One of the characters survived 6 of those pages without their head...

So yeah be careful so you don't get that.

Good idea overall though.

six pages without a head?
creepy...

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 23:23 »
Ehehehe that makes me think that maybe I could do both port of the RP. But i'd just have to keep up to date on everything and if anything got out of hand or no head fighting stupid I would just stop it somehow.

Also my spell check thought that Ehehehe was supposed to be Bethlehem. 

And a territory idea:

One island by a ring of land with natural bridges going between the island and the ring. The island is neutral territory and kingdoms on the ring around it are set like this:

Normal -> Fire -> Fighting -> Water -> Flying -> Steel -> Electric -> Psychic -> Ground -> Bug -> Poison  -> Rock -> Dragon -> Ghost -> Ice -> Dark -> Grass and then it just goes back to Normal again.

They kingdoms are set out like this so no one can take advantage of super effect type match ups. (I think please correct me if I am wrong)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 00:16 by Cody999 »
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 20:06 »
That would work! I'm a little confused with the 'ring of land with natural bridges going between the island and the ring', though. Could you do a quick illustration or elaborate on it a bit more? Cx

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 21:28 »

Ha fear my rubbish paint drawing of a island. The land bridges are made of a substance related to the kingdom it is attached to example: the grass bridge is made of vines. (What is the normal bridge made from?!?)

By the way, if you could not guess the paint picture is NOT to scale or accurate ... at all.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 22:31 by Cody999 »
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 21:50 »
The image is broken ;; Could you upload it on Tinypic or Iaza?