Author Topic: What Realisations Have You Made Today?  (Read 61476 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What Realisations Have You Made Today?
« Reply #645 on: June 20, 2014, 23:15 »
When you're younger, you get offended when you're told you look younger than you are.

When you're older, you get offended when you're told you look older than you are.

Basically, everyone wishes their life away wanting to be older when in reality you're at your best during your youth, just without the money to do what you want until you're older, when you want your youth back =/
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 20, 2014, 23:18 »
I just get offended when I am told the age I am, just because I am not being a good actor.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 20, 2014, 23:27 »
I just get offended when I am told the age I am

Your age is my lucky number, there's nothing bad about that.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 20, 2014, 23:31 »
When you're younger, you get offended when you're told you look younger than you are.

When you're older, you get offended when you're told you look older than you are.

Basically, everyone wishes their life away wanting to be older when in reality you're at your best during your youth, just without the money to do what you want until you're older, when you want your youth back =/

I wouldn't necessarily say you're at your best during your youth because you need your youth to learn and develop into the person you become as an adult. It's only as an adult that you realise that you don't have the time you did have when you were younger and you realise the opportunities available decrease. The perfect situation would be able to properly re-visit your youth whilst retaining what had helped you grow as a person so you can truly appreciate those times.

That's always been the problem with life (for me at least, may not be the same with anyone else), I never really appreciated what I had until it had gone and you get left wishing things back to how they were. It ends up being a terrible cycle. It's why the best mentality to have is to appreciate the present and most of all look forward to the future. Getting stuck in the past doesn't do anybody favours (for the most part).

[also yeah sorry your post just got me thinking, sorry ^^;]

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 20, 2014, 23:41 »
I wouldn't necessarily say you're at your best during your youth because you need your youth to learn and develop into the person you become as an adult.

I guess I meant more that, unless you've been training at a gym or whatever, you'd be fitter during youth (by that, I mean like 16-25 sort of age) and you're more able to learn. You're sort of at the peak of your capabilities.

Obviously, as you went on to say, it's as an adult that you're developed as a character, it's just that as you learn what it is you want to do the opportunity to do it has sailed. I guess it'd be useful if we lived to about 18ish, then restarted getting to choose what we did xD

Ah well, best you can do is do everything in order to limit the future as little as possible
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 20, 2014, 23:53 »
I guess I meant more that, unless you've been training at a gym or whatever, you'd be fitter during youth (by that, I mean like 16-25 sort of age) and you're more able to learn. You're sort of at the peak of your capabilities.

Obviously, as you went on to say, it's as an adult that you're developed as a character, it's just that as you learn what it is you want to do the opportunity to do it has sailed. I guess it'd be useful if we lived to about 18ish, then restarted getting to choose what we did xD

Ah well, best you can do is do everything in order to limit the future as little as possible

Yeah, I guess so. I'd argue more you're at your most opportunistic stage rather than peak though. Plus I'd say not limit your future but rather enhance it so you're more able to look back when you're older and can be happy with what you've experience and achieved =]

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #651 on: June 21, 2014, 00:27 »
i normally laugh when i get told i look 14
i mean it's p much a compliment cause when i'm 30 i probably won't look 30
heck my mum got id'd when she was 31 which rly embarrassed the guy who did it but my mum was all grins cause she was like "hell yeah hell yeah hell yeah"

also how old you look rly depends on how you present yourself. i'm sure if i dressed womanly and wore make up i'd look older than i am but cause i dress like a teenager and don't wear makeup i look like a fairly androgynous (when you ignore my boobs) 14/15 yr old and tbh i like it cause it means no one hits on me

Wolstenholme

« Reply #652 on: June 21, 2014, 00:56 »
Same, Shaymin. Last year I got mistaken for a year 7 so many times all the year 8's like "you're in the year below me, aren't you" but no 'I'm leaving this place in a couple of weeks' and they look really shocked but I think I've filled out since last year but I still have a childish no-make-up face and my voice doesn't suit my age either so if I wasn't p16 I'm p.sure I'd be getting mistaken for like a year 9 or something.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 21, 2014, 01:34 »
Looking older isn't a bad thing. It's up to you how you look, whatever decision you choose you should embrace it.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 21, 2014, 23:32 »
 When I had a beard and shaved my head, I would never get ID'd. On one occasion, the bar lady asked for mine and then my entire group was presumed to be 18+  ^.^

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 24, 2014, 18:20 »
My grandmother's birthday is on world hepatitis day, not sure how I feel about that. =/
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 21:58 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline q.c.™

• Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
  • Sentret Fan
  • Hi, I'm Marcus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 24, 2014, 21:53 »
^ i just let out the ugliest laugh

I realized today that I miss this site which is why I came back.. for the time being.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 24, 2014, 22:08 »
 Today I realised that I really enjoyed 40K as a hobby. It's just painting the miniatures that got me really relaxed. Looking back at my collection, the models I painted closer to when I stopped were coming out really well  :'(

It's just that I need a new brush and about four different paints... that alone is about £15 without buying any models.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 26, 2014, 15:42 »
I just saw someone get a perfect streak "Through the Fire and the Flames" on Expert from Guitar Hero 3. I have no idea what to believe in anymore.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 26, 2014, 17:07 »
I just saw someone get a perfect streak "Through the Fire and the Flames" on Expert from Guitar Hero 3. I have no idea what to believe in anymore.

what it should do is make you believe that if you work really hard towards something, you can complete that goal if you really want to, a lot of the time it's about the hard work and practice to master the skill =]