Author Topic: Buffalo Chicken  (Read 6347 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Buffalo Chicken
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 17:42 »
I'm having haggis tonight for dinner lol
if you don't think about what it is when you're eating it it's actually really nice. Just have a pile of mashed turnip and some mashed potatoes on the side with gravy and you have an a+ dinner.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 17:53 »
^ jealous!! (actually I can take or leave the turnip but haggis + mashed potatos + whiskey sauce = yum)

Haggis is kind of difficult to describe. It's kind of sausage meaty (except with a finer texture? Like it seems to break up a lot more easily) and it's herby and a teeny bit spicy and just generally tastes great. If the whole "eeew sheeps stomach tho" thing bothers you (which is shouldn't because I'm guessing everyone here has eaten sausages and do you know what they make sausage casing with??) the tinned stuff is just the meat and is easier to prepare.

There is pretty much nothing that I will not eat at least once. I am a vacuum for food.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 17:53 »
is this that Poppers thing people keep talking about

Yes! You can buy them premade here but they're 100% better and less like lava inside if you just make them yourself.

and it led to what people literally called "The Beef War" in the media but basically the result of it was that every british person went off beef and no-one cooked their burgers anything outside of "charred lump of charcoal" cos they were all worried they'd get the BSE

I actually think we had some Mad Cow over here because people were feeding already dead cows to live cows or something. I actually think we usually have a small outbreak every few years but I guess we just dig on it anyways. We probably just avoid forcing them to cannibalize and that helps. I've had steak before that was actually cold on the inside -- but usually you only do that at places where you're confident in the quality of beef because you can get sick from other stuff I guess.

I can't imagine having to put up with medium steak. I usually do medium rare and anything else you just can't really taste the quality.

And Haggis sounds odd, definitely not like anything I've had before. I've never had an animals "insides" (sparing like, sausage), and it's pretty funny to me that if you offered some of that stuff to an American, they'd rather starve than eat animal organs. It's seen as junk meat here. Like, if my brother and I were annoying with what we wanted for dinner then my mom would just threaten to cook liver and onions and that would usually shut us up.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 17:55 by Kpyna »

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 17:59 »
And Haggis sounds odd, definitely not like anything I've had before. I've never had an animals "insides" (sparing like, sausage), and it's pretty funny to me that if you offered some of that stuff to an American, they'd rather starve than eat animal organs. It's seen as junk meat here.

I think that was originally the point of it, to use up the bits of the animal that would otherwise go to waste. It just looks like really dark mincemeat when it's cooked. I don't even though if it's still made like that these days. I think the stomach has been replaced with some kind of casing similar to sausages so I dunno what the actual meat is made from. Probably nothing worse what what's in your average hot dog lol

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 18:00 »
Nah that was Ed Sheeran, and yeah Nando's is very overrated. Better off buying your own piri piri sauce and cooking all the other stuff yourself =]
Nando's is my jam here, except it's only in like the east coast (there's like 4 in maryland).  I liked nandos when I was in the UK though.  You guys aren't simple enough.

Anyway, Buffalo Wild Wings at the hottest is great
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 18:13 »
Anyway, Buffalo Wild Wings at the hottest is great

I have to try Buffalo Wild Wings so bad! I don't have enough friends or family that tolerate sports to be able to go and try them though.

There's this place a few towns over that does buffalo chicken with a little bit of ghost pepper and dang it is HOT, and I think my taste buds can't perceive a lot of spicy stuff anymore. Definitely not for the uninitiated, but still delicious.

Offline Danatales

• Demon Queen
  • Rex Fan
  • [miscellaneous grumbling]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 18:52 »
weeps this topic is beautiful buffalos wings are probably my favorite food ever and buffalo wild wings is wONDERFUL even though i havent been in years :,U But yeah I'll never toss up an opportunity to have something with buffalo chicken in it, even like salads or in fajitas or something.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2015, 21:05 »
why is it called buffalo chicken
a buffalo is not a chicken
buffaloes do not have wings

i've never had buffalo chicken or nandos or haggis =//

thanks gl <3

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2015, 21:15 »
 Me and my friend have buffalo wings occasionally at Spoons but the sauce is nasty...

Their hot sauce is essentially vinegar with orange food dye.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 21:21 »
weeps this topic is beautiful buffalos wings are probably my favorite food ever and buffalo wild wings is wONDERFUL even though i havent been in years :,U But yeah I'll never toss up an opportunity to have something with buffalo chicken in it, even like salads or in fajitas or something.

Have you had buffalo chicken mac and cheese before? My friends and I, whenever we make it we always sprinkle some bleu cheese on top of it and lord have mercy ;-;

why is it called buffalo chicken
a buffalo is not a chicken
buffaloes do not have wings

Not sure if you're kidding, but the name actually derives from Buffalo, New York, which is where they were invented.

UPDATE: A friend just coincidentally told me she's having her birthday celebration at Buffalo Wild Wings Thursday. So I do get to try it!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 21:25 by Kpyna »

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2015, 21:37 »
^Oh, if they offer you something called buffalo chips, they're basically potatoes sliced into little circles and deep fried. They're better than the fries there.

Buffalo wings are one of my favorite foods, as well as my favorite american food. They're really tricky for me to eat because i'm a bit impatient and don't like eating around the bone, but I love the spiciness of the wings.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2015, 21:40 »
Ugh this thread is making me so hungry!! I don't even particularly like macaroni and cheese but BUFFALO mac and cheese sounds like something I need to eat.

^Oh, if they offer you something called buffalo chips, they're basically potatoes sliced into little circles and deep fried. They're better than the fries there.

....They. Sound. Incredible. Omg I am so jealous of you people getting to have all these amazing things! If I lived in the US I'd be like one of those people who weigh like 50 stone and have to be airlifted out of bed.

It probably says a lot about me that when I was in Manchester last year I got totally excited over getting to try Taco Bell since we don't have it here.

Offline palladium

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2015, 21:59 »
i have to say, buffalo wings from buffalo are a delicacy. i've had them from the anchor bar (the bar where the sauce was invented), and i have to say it tastes simply incredible. if any of you are in the area, it's seriously worth it. if i remember correctly, you can get them with a milder sauce but it's not nearly as good.

unfortunately, i live 6 hours away from buffalo, despite living in mainland ny. i guess that's the price you pay for living in westchester. i've been to wild wings a few times in white plains and it sucks in comparison. they're basically spicy chicken nuggets. if they stopped calling it buffalo then maybe it would be a bit better, but they taste like crispier and better versions of the frozen stuff. although, there is a local sports bar by me that has some incredible boneless "wings" (it's really just a nugget).

i've never tried haggis, though. should i home-make it, or go to some scottish restaurant? (is there such a thing? i've been to irish restaurants but they definitely don't have haggis)

it's not enough to love the unreal
i am inseparable from the impossible

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2015, 22:01 »
It probably says a lot about me that when I was in Manchester last year I got totally excited over getting to try Taco Bell since we don't have it here.

when i go to england for school i will visit you and cook you all of the disgustingly amazing american food i know how to make

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2015, 23:39 »
do you have old bay seasoning over in new england, liz
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!