Author Topic: Portal  (Read 1101 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline 2OrSomething

• Team Instinct At Heart
  • Rob Fan
  • Look at this nerd
    • View Profile
Portal
« on: February 27, 2017, 16:56 »
I haven't seen anything on here yet about Portal and Portal 2, which are two of my favorite games. Does anyone know about them? Maybe we could talk.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
Re: Portal
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 10:05 »
I have Portal 2. Still playing it. I also have the Lego Dimensions Portal Level Packs. I like GlaDOS very much and love her snarky attitude.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline 2OrSomething

• Team Instinct At Heart
  • Rob Fan
  • Look at this nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 11:32 »
Ah, Portal 2 is fun. I don't have the Lego Dimensions you lucky duck >.<

I can definitely agree, GLaDOS is 100% my favorite

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 17:46 »
I am only collecting the packs for Lego Dimensions that I like. I hate how they forced Gandalf on you with the Starter Pack and Supergirl is a PS4 Starter Pack exclusive. Gandalf is utterly useless and all the other magic users are more helpful and can do more things! And I'm not saying this because I don't like LotR or have any interest in it either. Everyone hates Gandalf. His lines are really annoying during enemy battles, his lines during cut scenes are so stupid that even Batman and Wyldstyle cringe at them (they literally groan when he talks quite a few times), and all he can do is shoot some blasts that miss most of the time and Illuminate dark areas. Harry Potter and Voldemort can talk to Snake Walls, and they and the Fantastic Beasts figures can also laser cut through special walls, Voldemort can fly, Newt Scalamander can teleport, the Wicked Witch can fly and use Mind Control, and Newt can summon water to put out fires and make special plants grow. This is how terrible it is that Gandalf is forced onto you and you are stuck using him until after the first level of the main story is finished. The Portal pack was fun to go through and the main story level was neat because GlaDOS automatically thinks that the characters are cheating when they use their abilities and keeps chastising them. She says stuff like, "You couldn't have finished so quickly! You must have been cheating again. You should be ashamed of yourself. Cheaters never get anything." The boss fight is even more entertaining because of a special guest appearance of another famous computer which I won't name since you haven't played the game.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 17:50 by Captain Jigglypuff »
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline 2OrSomething

• Team Instinct At Heart
  • Rob Fan
  • Look at this nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 17:51 »
I'm afraid I can't follow. I'm not familiar with Lego Dimensions, sorry.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 19:38 »
Omg seeing this topic makes me want to play portal 2 again, Wheatley & GLaDOS have such a great thing between them and the ending song is the best, and all the jokes about the player being fat have my inner 12 year old laughing. Finished it a few years ago now so I don't really remember much, I remember there's a bit where GlaDOS offers you freedom whilst
Spoiler: show
you're escaping
and I decided to take the offer out of curiosity to see if the game had a result programmed and
you just die lmao.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline 2OrSomething

• Team Instinct At Heart
  • Rob Fan
  • Look at this nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 11:15 »
Ah yes, I love that part. Also when
Wheatley tells you to jump down the pit, and really any other time a character tries to get you to do something.

Honestly, I haven't played Portal in a while, mostly because I "grounded" myself from it, because last time I played it I spent the entire time making awful puns in both games. For example,
in the test, I forget if it's the one she says is broken and offers cake if you quit, or the last one where she says there will be cake at the end, once I finished I said "that was a piece of cake," or when Wheatley says he bets you're just "dying" to know what his surprise is I always retaliate with "ah, the suspense is killing me," or when he says he would have liked the plates to shoot fire before killing you I always say that's a bit overkill and then proceed to tell him I'm just crushed that he'd do this. I'm sure there were more, but I can't remember.

That, and I'm actually grounded from electronics. The only reason I'm on here is free time at school, but I should be ungrounded soon, and I'll probably play Portal again during spring break.