Author Topic: Ideas for a New Pokemon game  (Read 7308 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Hoof Hearted

• Rob Fan
  • Swampert is nnniccee
    • View Profile
Ideas for a New Pokemon game
« on: November 15, 2013, 03:04 »
Yes, I know x and y only just came out, but I was just brainstorming some ideas for the next pokemon game that gets released(Not pokemon z, or whatever the platinum or emerald of this gen is going to be) and I'd like to hear your ideas as well.

For starters, for the main "evil team" I was thinking Team Omega. They have a wide range of pokemon ranging from Sharpedos to Scraftys, and have several returning members from past teams. I.e. The admins would consist of Team Rocket Admin Proton, Team Aqua Admin Shelly, Team Galactic Admin Mars, Team Plasma Admin Zinzolin, Team Flare Admin Xerosic, and then for the leader, Team Magma Courtney. This would break the sexism barriers for team leaders too as every "evil" leader so far has been a male, while Courtney is obviously female. Their goal maybe would be using some sort of new legendary to steal everyones pokemon from the PC system, effectively allowing team Omega to have the best pokemon while leaving everyone else with nothing. Oh, and something else that would be interesting as it has never been done in pokemon before, your main rival joins team Omega, which I think would be cool.

Now, for a few ideas on new pokemon and type changes. First off, for pokemon that should have their types changed, I think Yanmega should get changed to Bug/Dragon. This would make sense as yanmega is a dragonfly and we have so many useless bug/flying type pokemon already, why would nintendo waste such a perfect opportunity on another bug/flying type? Also, we don't have a bug/dragon yet. Next, I think Ninjask should be changed to a Bug/Dark. Again, this would make sense as its a ninja bug, effectively making a bug/dark type make sense, and the fact that, again, we already have like 60 bug/flying type pokemon. Bug/Dark would be a new typing as well. Lastly, I think a Dragon/Fairy typing change for Altaria would be very fitting. Almost every dragon looks very menacing and is very powerful, but altaria isn't really very strong nor is it very menacing looking. A fairy/dragon typing would be a perfect fit for altaria and would greatly increase its usefulness

For a few new pokemon ideas, I think a zangoose and serviper evolution would be awesome. Zangoose could evolve into Zanghoul(sorry, I'm working on the names), a ghost/normal type pokemon with around a 85/125/70/55/78/100 stat spread. Next would be Servicious, a steel/poison type pokemon with around a 85/115/100/80/83/55 stat spread. Servicious would basically look like a bulkier serviper with 3 heads and some gold plating around much of its body. Zanghoul I'm not completely sure about, but it have to be pretty cool looking because I love zangoose. Also, a Mighyena evolution. I love mighyena, but its a pretty garbodor pokemon if you know what I mean. A dark/fighting werewolf like evolution would be awesome and would greatly enhance its usefulness.

For brand new pokemon lines, a Fire/Grass pokemon would be really cool and would likely be a top threat. Not sure of the moveset or design, but I mainly got the idea from the custom smogon sprites. The last new pokemon idea I have would be a steel/ice pokemon called Templice(Templar and ice). It would have a new ability called survivalist. This ability causes the pokemon to get a stat boost depending on the weather in play. I.e. If its hailing, it gets an attack boost, if its raining, a speed boost, if a sandstorm, a special defense and normal defense boost, and lastly, if its sunny, a special attack boost. This pokemon would look like a mix up between a Promethean Knight, lots of icy and frost covered parts, and a bisharp basically.

So yeah, those are my ideas and I would be glad to hear your ideas/opinions as well!
A promethean Knight for those who don't know
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 00:42 by MushroomLizard »

Offline Classified

• Yep
  • Psythor Fan
  • Problem?
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas for a New Pokemon game
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 21:14 »
As cool as Templice sounds, it be pretty bad defensively with a crippling 4x weakness to fire, fighting, and a 2x weakness to ground. He'd definitely not be in the ou tier, that's for sure. Oh, and by the way, what game is that thing from?

Offline Hoof Hearted

• Rob Fan
  • Swampert is nnniccee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 21:23 »
If you mean the promethean knight, it's from Halo 4. And yes, he wouldn't be the best pokemon I suppose, but he'd have a unique typing and would have high attack and speed stats, knowing moves such as ice shard, icicle crash, iron head, swords dance, and even close combat.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 21:28 »
Just saying, I dont think getting a stat boost in sun would really work when it's 4X weak to fire xP

Needs more Gengar

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 21:42 »
I think Yanmega should get changed to Bug/Dragon. This would make sense as yanmega is a dragonfly and we have so many useless bug/flying type pokemon already, why would nintendo waste such a perfect opportunity on another bug/flying type? Also, we don't have a bug/dragon yet.

Please for the love of everything holy don't get me started on this. But, a dragonfly IS NOT a dragon! It is a species of fly, and just because it is a DRAGONfly, doesn't mean it is a dragon.

Wouldn't this be best in Fake Whatever anyways?

Offline Hoof Hearted

• Rob Fan
  • Swampert is nnniccee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 00:45 »
Please for the love of everything holy don't get me started on this. But, a dragonfly IS NOT a dragon! It is a species of fly, and just because it is a DRAGONfly, doesn't mean it is a dragon.

Wouldn't this be best in Fake Whatever anyways?
True, but honestly, a bug/dragon would be a cool and unique type and yanmega does look a tiny bit like a dragon. We have enough bug/flying types and pokemon isn't exactly the most realistic game, so a bug/dragon evolution from a dragonfly is plausible.

Just saying, I dont think getting a stat boost in sun would really work when it's 4X weak to fire xP
No, it wouldn't. Its simply what the ability does, as it would not make sense if it got a boost in every weather but sun. Templice would be a physical sweeper as well, however, this ability may be found on multiple pokemon to make use of its special attack increase in the sun. Btw, this pokemon would likely be found in UU or below because of its 4x weakness to fire and fighting, UU and below being tiers where constant sun is not present.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 15:26 by Hoof Hearted »

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 21:06 »
Methinks in this game, empoleon should get a mega evolution

Mega Empoleon
Technician

Increased stat(s): Attack, Defense

A bit of an outline.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 21:53 »
^Mega Empoleon would be cool, but I'd say it'd be more like:

Ability: Bulletproof / Swift Swim (I'd imagine one of, following the pattern of megas so far)

Stats: (Empoleons/MegaEmpoleons)
HP: 84/84 (+0)
Attack: 86/86 (+0)
Defence: 88/110 (+22)
Special Attack: 111/160 (+49)
Special Defence: 101/120 (+19)
Speed: 60/70 (+10)

Overall +100 like every other mega.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Mr. Apple

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 00:15 »
what would empoleon do with technician?
ive never used it :P

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 00:33 »
With technician

aqua jet:

Priority + STAB + Extra power

Aerial ace:

No miss + Extra power + Fighting coverage

Icy Wind:

Slows opponent + Ground coverage + Extra Power

Bulldoze:

Slows opponent + Extra Power + Electric coverage

Metal Claw:

STAB + Can Boost Attack + Extra power

Yes I know that this wouldn't work, but I think it would be interesting,

Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Mr. Apple

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 02:20 »
did aerial ace get debuffed gen 6? thought it was higher than 60 bp :P

Offline Hoof Hearted

• Rob Fan
  • Swampert is nnniccee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 05:02 »
did aerial ace get debuffed gen 6? thought it was higher than 60 bp :P
Nah, aerial ace is an always hit move. Always hit moves always have a 60 base power like feint attack and shock wave, just like how normal priority attacks always have a base power of 40 such as mach punch and bullet punch

Offline aMartini607

• Bawse
  • Rob Fan
  • Come At Me Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 22:20 »
I think something that would be interesting would be if the next game was the last, they could make it for the Wii U, very much so in the style of X and Y, only you start off in Kanto, pay through as you would in R/B/Y FR/LG, then move onto Johto etc basically playing out all of the stories as you did in the original games but with the graphics and mechanic updates of X and Y, encompassing all of the legends of the series throughout (Arceus creating everything, etc) fighting all of the enemy teams from the six gens then as you beat the Elite Fire in Kalos, all of the teams untie like OP said and you chase them to a new and final region, where you defeat them and save the world for good. Also, I'd add dlc or just ingame Pokemon to bring the total number up to a nice even 1000, bring back all the good mechanics from previous Ganges (Pokemon following you, etc.) And, make EVERY SINGLE POKEMON obtainable in-game (I know this would screw with the trading aspect, but I'm just one man lol) No one can tell me they haven't wished for something similar to this at least once in the past :p
When you underestimate your opponent, you overestimate yourself.
3DS Friend Code(Feel free to add me! Just let me know you did so I can add you back)
4699-7517-6858 (Friend Safari is Ground with Phanpy, Marowak and Gastrodon)

Offline Luminoose

• Psythor Fan
  • Too fabulous for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 14:43 »
I'd like to see a Pokemon game where your Dad is the villain.
☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆

Offline aMartini607

• Bawse
  • Rob Fan
  • Come At Me Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 23:05 »
That could be pretty kool, I'd like to see everything I posted then with the cherry on top your Dad being the LEADER of the unified crime syndicate of Team R/A/M/G/P/F  O0 Oh, and more AWESOME Mega-Evolutions, Megayanma, Laplace and Dragonite come to mind immediately, and perhaps make Shiny Hunting a tad easier and/or more ways of doing so for impatient people like yours truly =D
When you underestimate your opponent, you overestimate yourself.
3DS Friend Code(Feel free to add me! Just let me know you did so I can add you back)
4699-7517-6858 (Friend Safari is Ground with Phanpy, Marowak and Gastrodon)