Author Topic: New Admin: Mulholland!`  (Read 4765 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Mulholland

• Senior Staff Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • Poyo?
    • View Profile
    • Before I Kick
Re: New Admin: Mulholland!`
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 20:36 »
I guess it was too much to hope that this would occur without the snarky comments.

Whilst it would probably have been in my best interest to just ignore them I'm not that sort of person. So I guess here are some points:

• My promotion has been pending for months, Mike started the ball rolling and it was both me and Jeroen that stopped it because we feared that some degree of backlash would be caused.
  • In the last 4-5 months I have actually done a fair degree of work on this site, about the same as some of the admins have. Mike, Jeroen, Rob and Rex all agreed to my moving up and have been very supportive
  • I know that the opportunity to do this site work will have been some form of favouritism, but I never had to spend hours coding the movesets, breeding moves and TMs of Pokémon. Nor did I have to take the TCG section under my wing and gradually add to it if I have any time from my busy schedule.

I think the bottom line is that admin or not I am still going to be putting a lot of my free time to help Joeno, Rex, Phil and (by no means least) the wonderful Rob do their job in keeping this site as up to date as possible. But considering that I have been basically been picking up the admin workload slack for a long while (and served as mediator in a lot more interdepartmental disputes than I care to even think about) I am very much here to stay. Like it or loath it.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Re: New Admin: Mulholland!`
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 06:00 »
I guess it was too much to hope that this would occur without the snarky comments.
There were snarky comments?  huh
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!