Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 380648 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: first world problems
« Reply #390 on: July 22, 2015, 19:06 »
after my hospital app today I got asked/told in a roundabout way that I'm too thin "are you always like this!?" and then asked if I wanted a leaflet about eating more. Like I've been tiny all my life, I struggle to put on weight regardless of how much I eat. I have no health problems associated with being underweight, I've never broke a bone, regular and I've got a good immune system. I'm literally on the cusp of an underweight/'normal' bmi.
Granted I could eat healthier but idk I feel crap about my weight now and I guess I should start calorie counting and bulk up or something //

Offline Wrath of Zuruggu

• Sentret Fan
  • Flailing with arrogance since 1990
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART account
« Reply #391 on: July 22, 2015, 19:31 »
generally i don't mind too much if someone's just looks for a couple of seconds or so but it gets uncomfortable when men who are at least 20 years older stick a head out of the car to look at you and wink and raise their eyebrows like that is very very weird and uncomfortable but i don't mind if people just look.

This. I dress as androgynously as possible at work because of this. Old men who will shamelessly crane their necks to eye us up and down while we're sweatily working away. I'm a pet shop sales assistant, I couldn't look sexy if I tried, which makes the comments and ogling even creepier. What's worse is we have to serve these people with a smile rather than dropping that 20kg box of dog biscuits on them from the overstocks. V_V;

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 22, 2015, 22:10 »
 I keep pigging out and putting on weight lol.

not lol actually crie

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 22, 2015, 22:24 »
Family issues. So many family issues. This is all so tiring.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 22, 2015, 22:29 »
I keep pigging out and putting on weight lol.

welcome to the dark side brother

we got a huge buffet table of ur favourite foods forever here in "food is gr8 and bein fat is ok" land. are you SURE you want to go back to Weighing Scales n Salad land????????????????????????????? there's nothing there but an endless chase of impossible genetics and airbrushed/photoshopped/faked Mens Health front covers
           

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 22, 2015, 23:25 »
 My grandmother used to have little buffets for us every Sunday and I would get wasted on chicken sates, mini pizzas, and sandwiches.

However; I'm losing weight to help my joints since I've been walking up and down a hill with heavy weights for four years and now I get random knee pain and the occasional pain in my hip. I just do cardiovascular exercise nowadays since I want to cut down asap instead of building mass.

I guess it's like arthritis.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #396 on: July 23, 2015, 01:54 »
after my hospital app today I got asked/told in a roundabout way that I'm too thin "are you always like this!?" and then asked if I wanted a leaflet about eating more. Like I've been tiny all my life, I struggle to put on weight regardless of how much I eat. I have no health problems associated with being underweight, I've never broke a bone, regular and I've got a good immune system. I'm literally on the cusp of an underweight/'normal' bmi.
Granted I could eat healthier but idk I feel crap about my weight now and I guess I should start calorie counting and bulk up or something //

my lil bro has always been slight but recently since he's been in a crappy place mental health wise he's like......... super skinny. scarily skinny. he's eating bc we see him have dinner every night and he snacks often but like..... dude is so skinny his kneecaps are stickin out and so are his ribs and shoulderblades and jeez it's kind of scary lookin at him but he's fINALLY seein a mental health person on the 30th but u know

i rly need a hair cut this mop is too much

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 23, 2015, 02:05 »
^ to add as long as you FEEL good and practice healthy eating and exercise habits that's all you need... some people swing more one way than another and they're still in good health. honestly i'm sure you look perfect and as long as you're getting all of the calories and nutritional junk you need along with getting your heart rate up you're good.

i have a lot of friends who are incredibly healthy and struggle with weight gain. i had a friend where when he took off his shirt you could count all of his ribs but he ate a ton and was really in great shape, although he wished he was heavier. he said his weight situation improved when he got to college though :p

Offline kendall!

• internet hate machine
  • Name Rater Hater
  • idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 23, 2015, 02:08 »
my first world problem is getting all melancholy every time i check up on this site, literally so much nostalgia i can't even
you're never gonna love me, so what's the use

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 23, 2015, 04:53 »
However; I'm losing weight to help my joints since I've been walking up and down a hill with heavy weights for four years and now I get random knee pain and the occasional pain in my hip. I just do cardiovascular exercise nowadays since I want to cut down asap instead of building mass.

I guess it's like arthritis.

gotcha, be careful on the things like jogging tho re: cardio if you have bad joints. afaik unless you have your stride analysed and perfected and proper running shoes from some nerd in a sports/running shop to compensate for any stride errors it can cause more harm than good w/ torsion on the knees and ankles etc. if you're already suseptible to that kind of thing. swimming is a very joint-kind cardio exercise but swimming is also boring as heck and i dont think they allow you to wear shirts in swimming pools if you're a shy fatty like i am.

i tried to Lift to sort me dodgy joints out to force those ligaments and tendons and synovial fluids to Harden Up but im too out of shape for even a bunch o deadlifts and pushups. adrenal glands freaked out, immune system took a total nosedive and i got a super bad cold in my first week SIGH

yoga is a nice gateway tho for Joint Help, some of those positions are deceptively hard and you feel SO good once you've finished, all ur muscles feel all noodley and limp and great and the Constant Ache goes away for just a little bit
           

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 23, 2015, 05:21 »
^ as well i want to add that running won't necessarily cut weight faster than lifting. weight loss is ALL about calories in, calories out, and you can burn plenty of calories lifting. not only that but you gain muscle mass and thus definition at the same time which makes you LOOK like you weigh less a lot faster even if secretly you don't. yoga and swimming are also good options but lifting is pretty easy to do at home or just go to a cheapo gym. that being said though cardio is important for your heart and going for a quick jog in the morning to get your heart rate up is so ideal. otherwise you really don't need it.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #401 on: July 23, 2015, 12:55 »
Also- Muscle weighs more than fat. If you look at say a 270lb WWE wrestler and a 270lb fat person, the fat person is going to look like they weigh more.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 23, 2015, 13:12 »
dont forget the ol water weight. people during Muscle Show photoshoots are basically one flex away from passing out most the time cos they deliberately dehydrate themselves to purge every bit of water weight out they can for Maximum Looks.
           

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #403 on: July 23, 2015, 14:14 »
my lil bro has always been slight but recently since he's been in a crappy place mental health wise he's like......... super skinny. scarily skinny. he's eating bc we see him have dinner every night and he snacks often but like..... dude is so skinny his kneecaps are stickin out and so are his ribs and shoulderblades and jeez it's kind of scary lookin at him but he's fINALLY seein a mental health person on the 30th but u know

i rly need a hair cut this mop is too much
Yeah I've been the same pretty much all my life, the only time I don't eat is when I'm really really stressed, I just sort of forget and adrenaline starts fuelling me lmao. Like with college the last few months I lost weight but I've probably put it all on again? I don't know there's no scales in my house so
like she just automatically assumed that I must have an eating problem but no I don't. Like my legs and arms are spindly but I've got chub on my belly and I don't look gaunt or w/e sigh
I hope your brother gets on well at his appointments though!

just made some pasta and the parmesan was off, sad times. 

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 23, 2015, 22:53 »
i woke up today and my glutes are killing me. i did nothing yesterday that should have stressed my butt so this is weird for me. sitting causes a lot of muscle soreness, which is unfortunate since sitting is like 70% of what i do

i also need to go clothes shopping soon for school but i hate clothes shopping because most clothes don't flatter me too much :(