Author Topic: Pokemon Direct on 26th of February  (Read 3590 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Makoto Niijima

• Formerly known as Juri Han.I am number 165 Ledyba in the PKMN crew 3. I <3 Rex. PSN is: JuriRyuugu
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm a member of S. T. A. R. S.
    • View Profile
Pokemon Direct on 26th of February
« on: February 25, 2016, 11:14 »
A new Pokemon Direct has been announced, taking place on Friday 26th of February and will run for 5 minutes.

This is the time it will start:
15:00 PM-  UK
10.00AM  - US(East coast)
07.00AM  - US(West coast)

Rex made the awesome sig <3

Sakura
Thanks to Psychic Fire for my adorable Ledyba

Thanks Jaze Briena for my Ledyba recoloured as Glaceon =)

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Direct on 26th of February
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 14:04 »
Two trademarks were just found ahead of tomorrows direct;

Trademark 1

Trademark 2

I've left the names out so that anyone looking forward to the surprise tomorrow isn't spoiled.

White text because it might spoil the surprise for you maybe --> Pretty interesting, not too big on the names honestly, feels like they're really reaching for the whole opposite names thing, but I'll still buy one because lord knows I love my Pokémon. <--
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 14:07 by Del »
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 14:58 »
OH MY GOD they sound awesome...If these are real and not a purposely-created red herring names to throw us off. I like the fact that they're going with more natural names this time and I REALLY hope they use this to expand on a theory I've had literally for over 10 years now. I'm literally FOAMING AT THE MOUTH. I want to buy both of these.

I really hope the direct isn't just 4 minutes and 30 seconds of history build-up and then just the name. PLEASE GIVE US SOME FOOTAGE OR SOMETHING.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 15:57 »
ooooohhhHHHHH!!!!!!! this sounds good... im gonna sleep until 3pm tomorrow

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 16:48 »
I'll be at work, but I'm actually going to the toilet with my iPad at 2:58 and I'm not coming out until I've seen the whole thing. Much whooping and cheering will be heard.

I'll be in Tokyo in 2 weeks time, it's unlikely but I really hope there's some sort of promotional merch coming out. I'm going into the Mega Pokemon Centre with a budget of literally thousands of pounds, which is both terrifying and amazing. The gods of capitalism better be on my side.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 21:01 »

I'm pretty excited. I guess I'll have to stick around the apartment for a bit, comes out at 2pm my time. Sort of inconvenient but whatever.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 21:04 by Kpyna »

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 22:30 »
How do you bet that there will be a meme saying that Princess Celestia and Luna are the legendary mascots?
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 00:34 »
what do you guys predict might happen within these games, given the likely case that Sun and Moon are the real deal?

I've been seeing speculation the villains might be trying to propose eternal light / eternal darkness and im really hoping that isnt the case. since it doesn't make any sense.

mega evos for umbreon / espeon and maybe solrock / lunatone?

also browsing the pokemon subreddit, someone posted (potential spoilers from here on out) this image... highlight for more about zygarde's cell form... you think new zygarde forms could be announced as a result? we have a 10% and 100% forme all new, but maybe there's two 100% forms? oooooh soo exciting. think, if some cells are powered by the sun, are others powered by the moon, and will the differences in cells change things completely? all conjecture at this point but i feel like zygarde will be some kind of feature/cover legendary here

im also lowkey hoping they change the formula just a little... 20 years and im slightly sick of it, y'know. i kind of get the feeling this game will be serious though since they did a SUPERBOWL commercial. that costs SO much money in the US!!!

god i need to get my parents to bring my 3DS when they come to Italy and get a copy of X and Y, i regret skipping it...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 00:40 by Kpyna »

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 00:41 »
I hope that Pokemon Sun and Moon is set during the Kalos war 3000 years ago. There are many unanswered questions about Kalos. Plus, if they set the new games 3,000 years in the past, they can make as many new Pokemon as they want and assume that these new Pokemon went extinct in the present day. That way, Game Freak doesn't have to add another 150 Pokemon to the current Pokedex.

Also exploring a region in ancient times would feel like a true Pokemon legend. But still, I really wanted the next game to be Delta Emerald so I could take on the Battle Frontier, but nowadays Pokemon is too concerned with defying people's expectations and makes us wait...

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 00:49 »
I love your idea!!! I think new timelines would be so cool for new pokemon games. Imagine finding fossil pokemon in the wild and in future games random pokemon you'd find in the grass in Sun and Moon would be fossils? That would really make the games more interesting! And then they could base them off of a certain period of animals in prehistory. I would so be all over a game that's pokemon based off of extinct animals

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 01:44 »
Or how about a Pokemon in which you get to explore Deoxys' home planet? Or a Pokemon game that explores the nine circles of the Distortion World? Or what about a game that lets you explore, not another region, but the oceans in between the regions, featuring shipwrecks, coral reefs, treasure, sea monsters, pirates as an evil team and everything else? I hope I'm not going overboard with this since I'm not trying to impress anyone with ideas, I just think that besides the timeline idea there is so much potential for Pokemon Sun and Moon besides the generic storyline. I don't think Game Freak should run out of ideas for some time

Anyway Delta Emerald would've been fun but I'm so excited for this too !

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 02:39 »
But weren't Aqua sort of pirates? I mean Archie had an anchor as his Keystone and the members all had bandannas.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 03:04 »
Archie and Team Aqua were pirates. One idea could be that after the player character defeated them in ORAS and set them on the right path, a radical faction broke away from the Team and took to the seas. They could be the evil team. Anyway, obviously no one knows anything about the actual plot yet but it's fun to speculate about things, right. I started thinking oceans because of the role that the Sun and Moon play in earth's tides. So many ways to interpret the titles

Offline Ya-Yah

• I'm told I'm a
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Apparently aka YY now ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 06:59 »
Archie and Team Aqua were pirates. One idea could be that after the player character defeated them in ORAS and set them on the right path, a radical faction broke away from the Team and took to the seas. They could be the evil team. Anyway, obviously no one knows anything about the actual plot yet but it's fun to speculate about things, right. I started thinking oceans because of the role that the Sun and Moon play in earth's tides. So many ways to interpret the titles

Any chance Guile Hideout is part of your speculation?  ;D

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 10:16 »
Or what about a game that lets you explore, not another region, but the oceans in between the regions, featuring shipwrecks, coral reefs, treasure, sea monsters, pirates as an evil team and everything else?

7.8/10 too much water

Also I don't really mind what it is, just NEW POKEMON GAMES. Exciting innit?
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE