Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT: Promotion, Resignation, Hiatus and Clarification  (Read 10082 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Mushroom

• PKMN.NET's Original Pirate Captain
  • Elite Four Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "Last Post On The Page" King
    • View Profile
    • My Music Review Site
Dear PKMN.NET Members,

You may have noticed a few goings-on on recently with the site, Senior Staff Members and Moderation Team. We thought it would be best if we quickly filled you in on what has been going down behind the scenes of PKMN.NET, and how it affects you.

• Senior Staff Member Typhlosion is taking a temporary hiatus from his duties on the site. This is so he has more time to work on his degree, which should be complete by May/June '10. While he will still retain his powers on the site, he will not be active enough to use them in any real capacity due to this hiatus. He will still be keeping a watchful eye on the site however, just incase something serious happens the requires his expertise. However, I would like to wish Mike the best of luck with his degree and look forward to his triumphant return.

• Congratulations are in order for the member currently known as Gethsemane (Rob) on his promotion to Senior Staff Member. He himself has just returned from a hiatus, but as a result of much careful thought from the other Senior Staff Members he has been invited to join their ranks. Congratulations Rob!

• You may have noticed an error on the site late Thursday night (GMT) where parts of the main site were unavailable and the forums reverted to a default state. There has been much discussion as to why this happened and as such we would like to offer some clarification: What happened was the result of some some contact with the coding of the site as a part of some internal disagreement within the Staff and Moderation team. However, this was quickly resolved and as you can see, the site is back to normal, no harm done. However, due to the personal nature of the disagreement on one level, and it's dull technical nature on another, this is all we wish to discuss on the matter. All that matters is that the problem is resolved.

• Sadly, we also have to announce the resignation of very popular Global Moderator and former Senior Staff Member Ledyba (Rex). This is a result of the previously mentioned internal disagreement within the staff, and as an extended consequence of the resignation of Joeno, but we would like to make clear that that he has left of his own accord. We here are very sad to see him go, as we expect many of you are, but he has made it clear that he is certain of his decision. We wish him the best of luck in whatever he does next.

I hope this helps explain what has been going on with the site over the last couple of days. Once again, we wish Congratulations to Rob,Best of Luck to Mike and Farewell to Rex. Now feel free to continue browsing the site.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 22:09 by Mushroom »

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Promotion, Resignation, Hiatus and Clarification
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 22:18 »
left of his own accord

true story bro.

(just sayin' for comfirmatin)

Also, congrats Rob! You'll do awesomeh.

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 22:21 »
We can't go on together, with suspicious minds~

Offline Neon Nocturnal

• Just Lurkin'
  • 1337 Donator
  • Joeno Fan
  • Lurkin' a lurkin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 22:24 »
Oh no. T_T

Rex is a huge shock to me, but obviously he felt the need to back down. I wish him the best of luck for the future. :3
Mike is doing the right thing in concentrating on his degree and I also wish him luck with that. Both guys are genuine nice people and deserve good futures. :)

And yey, Rob's back! ^_^

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 22:24 »
* Sylar deletes account and leaves due to this OUTRAGE!!!!
look i made a funny about my own lame!

In all seriousness, congratulations to Rob, and Rex you're still awesome even without your mod status :DDDD

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 22:27 »
rex rhymes with sex for a reason
anyone who's not on rex's side ever has no soul or is a terrible person!  greatest boarder 00-10

and mike deserves this break himself.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Superficial Mycosis

• Untitled
  • Fan Rotom
  • Pronouns: They/Them
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 22:27 »
First off, don't get your knickers in a twist, this is a flying visit and..  I'm only here for one reason.

I've known Rex for what feel like forever, he's been one of my closest friends here for years and years and I watched him climb up to the level of admin..  and I watched him slowly fall back to this. He's one of the most inspirational and selfless, careing, amazing people I've ever had the privaledge of knowing. I love him to bits and I know how difficult this decission was for him.
However..  I'm so relieved he made it. So relieved, because now he can concentrate on his future and on achieveing all those dreams he's pushing for without having to worry about utter nonsence getting in the way.

So yeh, Rex..  basicly I'm just here to say I love you, I think you were one of the best things to ever happen to this place, you made it fun and friendly and welcoming and just..  the brilliant site it used to be.

I wish you nothing but happiness..  and you can be sure I'll be making sure you are happy, or else! =P

The rest of this news really doesn't interest me..  except that I hope Mike is alright.

Take care guys.
*squishes Rex to death* <3

-EDIT-

Lol, yeh. I ment the site won't be the same without Rex having a say in what goes on here, and was written from the perspective that I won't be here to see him on these forums again, rather than the other way round. I appologise if this post came across as confusing at all =P
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 23:06 by Superficial Mycosis »

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 22:28 »
oh sweet jesus LOOK EVERYONE JESS IS HERE :DDDDD ♥♥♥♥♥

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Neon Nocturnal

• Just Lurkin'
  • 1337 Donator
  • Joeno Fan
  • Lurkin' a lurkin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 22:44 »
He's one of the most inspirational and selfless, careing, amazing people I've ever had the privaledge of knowing.

Brilliant words. I feel the same way and could never have worded it so well. Thanks for popping in Jess and delivering these brilliant and true words.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 22:47 »
Hey Jess. =]

Congratz to Robbo, who I am sure will do a very nice job.

Good luck to Mike with his degree and also a big well done to Rex for what he has put in throughout these many years. The site truly will not be the same without you! :(

Good luck, once again. =]

Offline Mushroom

• PKMN.NET's Original Pirate Captain
  • Elite Four Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "Last Post On The Page" King
    • View Profile
    • My Music Review Site
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 22:49 »
Guys, Rex isn't leaving the site, just resigning from his position. Just thought I'd clarify that.

Offline Neon Nocturnal

• Just Lurkin'
  • 1337 Donator
  • Joeno Fan
  • Lurkin' a lurkin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 22:55 »
Guys, Rex isn't leaving the site, just resigning from his position. Just thought I'd clarify that.
Ohyeah....

Sorry, I guess we got a bit carried away. Still, he's a great guy. :3

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 22:55 »
Oh skeen. P:

I guess the site won't be the same without you being a staff member... because x staff members isn't the same as y staff members.

Offline Mulholland

• Senior Staff Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • Poyo?
    • View Profile
    • Before I Kick
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 23:57 »
I don't blame you for the hiatus Mike, hopefully this'll raise everything by a class now ur not split-focussed.

As to Rob, congrats it was a long time coming :)

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 00:28 »
Woah, this is...like a hammer to the face. Rex, I'm so sad...and Jess' temporary flare of activity (like a candle, in the w- oh wait. =/) is testament to how much we all love you dude. Sorry you're stepping down. I really am. ;__;

Mike, you seriously deserve a break. The site won't fall apart in your absence. =)

And Bizbox - congratulations are in order! Can we expect the site to be littered with innuendo, following your promotion? =D