Author Topic: Nathan's Soulsilver Nuzlocke Challenge  (Read 13732 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Nathan's Soulsilver Nuzlocke Challenge
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2012, 17:34 »
No!!!! Nina had to die. And Kyle...no. He shouldn't have.

Please keep writing this up, you are doing wonders so far.

Offline Ya-Yah

• I'm told I'm a
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Apparently aka YY now ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 00:04 »
I'm loving this! Keep it up! RIP to the fallen :(
I love Florence! :D

Offline Legacy

• I know I'm in my own little world but it's ok, they know me here.
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 11:38 »
Thanks for the feedback guys =] Got a somewhat short chapter now, but it's a chapter nonetheless

CHAPTER 9 - Fighting through the Haze

After our nightmare time in the Lighthouse, i felt if we left for Cianwood straight away...well we may not make it back. We rested overnight, and now I'm feeling considerably better and more confident. Losing those pokemon yesterday has made my pokemon that little bit more adamant about the task ahead. Peter and Florence in particular seem focussed today. They were awake before I was. We've headed to the beach outside of Olivine City now...now to make our way to Cianwood City...

- The journey itself wasn't too difficult, aside from the mass amount of Tentacool and Tentacruel. But there again it has allowed for a good amount of training. Toby in particular has gained a lot from it. On the way I heard about the Gym Leader at Cianwood City. His name is Chuck, and he uses Fighting Types. This means I'm gonna need Peter and Toby in particular to cause more damage.

- Upon arrival at Cianwood City I did the most important thing first - healed up, then headed to the local pharmacy to obtain the medicine. Upon speaking to the Pharmacist, he seemed deeply concerned about the Lighthouse pokemon. As I prepared to leave, he advised me to battle Chuck as soon as possible. Doing so would allow me to use HM Fly, which he then informed me would be given to me by Chuck's wife. With Fly I can get back to Olivine much faster than if we surfed back again, so I'm going to train some more and then head out.

- The trainers in the gym are powerful. I so nearly lost both Toby and Peter while battling them. In fact, had it not been for the fact most of the pokemon were slower than my flying duo, I probably would have lost both of them. I've decided it's best to train a little longer against the pokemon in the ocean around the city.

- I just saw that pokemon again. Suicune. It's so majestic...it just looked deep into me and my soul just felt frozen, but yet at ease. Suicune fled, and Eusine turned up again. He asked for a battle to see why Suicune chose me, and I had no choice but to oblige. He was fairly easy to deal with though, and was dealt with by Florence and Toby with next to no issues. Eusine seems to know more than he's letting on...he left without much else said, other than that he was following Suicune. I've decided to set the thoughts to the back of my mind until after I've battled Chuck.

- Chuck...he's a crafty bugger. He opened up with Primeape, so I opened up with Peter, using Featherdance three times to greatly reduce his attack. However in that time he used 3 double teams...before hitting with Focus Punch. Thankfully, the attack drops reduced the strength considerably, and Peter was fine. I switched in Dana and hit with a Thunderwave first time, before then switching to Toby. Toby was hit by Rock Slide on the switch, but he remained unfazed. The attack drops had turned out to be crucial. Toby then began hitting with Extrasensory, healing with Roost when it was needed (since the evasion increases were a bit of a pain). Within a short time Toby had dealt with the Primeape. Next up was Poliwrath. He opened up with Hypnosis, which failed. Toby got him back with Yawn. The next turn Poliwrath attempted to use Focus Punch, but Toby hit with Extrasensory to stop the attack.The remaining turns were simple for Toby. With Poliwrath asleep, Toby simply had to hit with Extrasensory repeatedly until it fell. And that was that. I'd obtained my 5th badge, and was now able to head back to Olivine city with the Fly HM. But I'm more thankful that I hadn't lost anybody here in Cianwood City.

Without any further ado, I have headed back towards Olivine City on the back of Peter. Once we arrive I can give that medicine to Jasmine for Amphy, and that's one less worry for me. Florence is sat in front of me - I think she's shocked at how high up she is...although I'm having to keep a tight grip on her. She keeps leaning over the side to look down, and I keep seeing a glint in her eye, as if she wants to drop into the ocean below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Florence - Level 25

Item: Everstone
- Surf
- Swift
- Aqua Jet
- Pursuit

Peter - Level 27

Item: Shell Bell
- Featherdance
- Twister
- Fly
- Quick Attack

Muscle  - Level 25

Item: Macho Brace
- Payback
- Karate Chop
- Revenge
- Focus Energy

Dana - Level 25

Item:
- Slam
- Thunder Wave
- Agility
- Dragon Rage

Toby - Level 28

Item:
- Sweet Kiss
- Yawn
- Extrasensory
- Roost

Wyn - Level 19

Item:
- Poison Gas
- Tackle
- Assurance
- Smokescreen

Those laid to rest:
Rachel the Rattata
Andy the Ekans
Kyle the Beedrill
Marshall the Magnemite
Nina the Nidoran (F)
Dylan the Meowth

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much happened this time around in comparison to some other chapters, but hey, there's bound to be a quiet chapter here unless I lost a pokemon; it's a quiet place XD
No man is ever truly good.
No man is ever truly evil.
I do the things you never could,
and we won't ever be equal

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2012, 15:37 »
Yay! Nice calm chapter this time, no losses.

But you know what they say, it's the calm before the storm.

Offline Uncle Garnetto

• I'm here
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I AM ... YOUR MASTER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2012, 16:09 »
Oh, chapter 8 was horrible. The hardest part of a loss is that it is so hard to make up for it, you lose even more Pokemon attempting to. Chap 9 was nice though.
I am the champion, my friends!
I have ALL 646 pokemans, in my boxes, legitimately gained, in order( and an awesome team). I am the dex MASTER.
i will take all battles, if you want to challenge me and i hope to take part in upcoming tourneys

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2012, 14:25 »
*^I agree, chapter 8 was a bad chapter, but I fear there is more deaths to come...keep up the great work!

*deliberate revival post warning.

Offline GoldenMane

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 12:47 »
Amazing! I hote Florence and Peter don't get hurt :(

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2012, 14:50 »
I haven't been able to continue this lately due to piles of coursework being thrown my way :( I'll get back to it as soon as possible, which should be around mid/late June.

I apologise to any of you who are waiting.

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2012, 19:35 »
It's been a while since I've posted, but here is Chapter 10. I apologise for the wait, college has kept me busy.

CHAPTER 10 - The Light in Dark Times - Part 2

Olivine City. The very city I lost Dylan, and the city I was headed towards when I lost Kyle, Nina and Marshall. I can't help but feel a tinge of anger and sorrow as I see the shore in the distance. But I have to bite it back and carry on. I have to get this medicine to Amphy, and then continue my journey to get Blake back...

- Well, we've arrived. Florence seems eager to get up the Lighthouse and deliver the medicine. I think she loves the view at the top. We've headed off there immediately. Afterall, we can't leave that poor pokemon waiting for too much longer. Thankfully there are no battles this time around, since we're using the elevator. Florence seems to be ever intrigued by the elevator as well. She flopped down inside it and attempted to stretch her body from one side to the other.

- Amphy looks so much better now. Jasmine had to give the Ampharos the medicine we got, since it clearly didn't trust us despite our efforts. As I was preparing to leave, Jasmine stopped me and turned me around. She's the gym leader of Olivine City, and she told me she'd be waiting for me at the gym. Well, at least I know what I'm up against now. If she cares for her pokemon like she cares for Amphy, it's going to be tough.

When we finally left I recieved a phonecall from Baoba, the Safari Warden. He's set up a Safari Zone near Cianwood City, and has asked that I go and take a look around. The way I see it, it gives me a chance to train on the way there, and to possibly catch more pokemon.

- The trainers between Cianwood City and the Safari Zone are surprisingly tough. We've managed to beat them though, before surfing and meeting a new pokemon I hadn't yet seen; A Seel. It seemed considerably weaker than the rest of my team, so I brought in Toby and used Yawn followed by Sweet Kiss. Once it was asleep I threw a Great Ball, catching it with ease. I've found out it's a girl, and is very much like Florence - very mischievous. I named her Sasha. I had both of them playing around with my bag, pulling out items and bouncing them between the two of them.

- Caught another pokemon near the Safari Zone, on the route after catching Sasha. This time it was a Tauros, and it was adamant that I fought it; I couldn't get away. After a close fought battle against Florence it finally submitted. I named him Zac. Shortly afterwards while training Florence some more, I caught her humming and singing to herself. It's the first time she's ever done it. I feel oddly priviliged.

- Just when I was looking to the future...I lost Dana. It was against a Fearow as I was headed to heal my team. I attempted to switch Dana out, but the Fearow hit with Pursuit...and obtained a critical hit in doing so. Dana didn't even make it to the pokeball as she fell lifeless to the ground. Zac dealt with the damned bird. I then headed to Cianwood again and buried her beside the sea so that she could hear the waves. I've now returned to training with the others. Florence and Peter seem determined nowadays even despite the loss, and so I must be too. We'll miss you Dana, but we'll keep on going. For you, and for the others...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Florence - Level 29

- Surf
- Swift
- Aqua Jet
- Pursuit

Peter - Level 28

Item: Sharp Beak
- Featherdance
- Twister
- Fly
- Quick Attack

Muscle  - Level 31

Item: Macho Brace
- Payback
- Karate Chop
- Revenge
- Rock Smash

Toby - Level 29

- Sweet Kiss
- Yawn
- Extrasensory
- Roost

Sasha - Level 21

Item: Mystic Water
- Headbutt
- Ice Shard
- Surf
- Icy Wind

Zac - Level 20

Item: Muscle Band
- Horn Attack
- Strength
- Pursuit
- Rest

------------------------------------------------------
Those laid to rest:
Rachel the Rattata
Andy the Ekans
Kyle the Beedrill
Marshall the Magnemite
Nina the Nidoran (F)
Dylan the Meowth
Dana the Dratini
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 20:17 by Legacy »

Offline Ya-Yah

• I'm told I'm a
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Apparently aka YY now ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2012, 23:58 »
Yay! Been looking forward to the next installment and what's more, I'm more excited to see how your new party member, being my namesake, will contribute to the team! I'm going to feel most uncomfortable if Sasha dies  :o

Aww poor Dana. I thought she was pretty cool :(

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2012, 00:01 »
Losing Dana on my first day back to the Nuzlocke was a bit of a smack to the face. It was like 'Welcome back, did you miss me?' from Nuzlocke -__-

Sasha seems to be fitting in well. My worry atm is that my team is VERY weak to electric, and seeing as how Jasmine has two magnemite, I'm preparing heavily before going up against her.

Offline K.I.O.S

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2012, 01:16 »
Saha seems to be fitting in well. My worry atm is that my team is VERY weak to electric, and seeing as how Jasmine has two magnemite, I'm preparing heavily before going up against her.

You could start off with Muscle to take them down, then just switch to Florence or Sasha for Steelix?
Follow our Wayward Journey here!

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2012, 11:33 »
@K.I.O.S - That was my plan, although it changed a little as you're about to see.

CHAPTER 11 - A Renewed Sense of Purpose

After some intense training following the loss of Dana, my team and I feel we're ready for whatever Jasmine has to throw at us. However I'm still worried about my glaringly obvious electric weakness; if she decides to use that Ampharos, we're in trouble. As I stand outside of the gym I'm starting to prepare myself for both the best...and potentially the worst.

- Well this is new. The Gym Trainers haven't challenged me. It seems they appreciate the help I gave Jasmine and Amphy. At least that's one less thing to worry about here.

- So...so close. Muscle took on both Magnemite with very little problem, although I had to heal her with a Moomoo milk afterwards. Steelix hit with a Rock Throw, but Muscle hardly flinched. We were in with a chance. I ordered Muscle to use Revenge in order to ensure she'd plough through the Steelix...I underestimated my poor run of luck. A critical hit Iron Tail sent Muscle sprawling to the floor. Before she fell, I swear I saw the faintest of smiles aimed at me. Never have I seen such a powerful pokemon completely wiped out...why Muscle? She may not have been mine to begin with, but I'd grown to love her as much as the others regardless...

I couldn't stop the battle, although Jasmine offered as she looked between myself and Muscle. I sent out Florence, and she knew what to do, finishing the Steelix off quickly with two Surf attacks. I think Jasmine made it easy on me though, since between the two Surfs all she used was Screech...

After the battle, Jasmine came over and told me a story about other trainers she'd met overseas in a place called Unova. Two trainers trapped in the same hellish experience I'm currently living through. She told me how, despite their pain, the two overcame the experience. So...there really is an end to this? Following the story, she handed me a badge and a TM for Iron Tail...ironic how it was the move that finished Muscle. She also gave me permission to bury Muscle outside of the Lighthouse, in memory of everything she'd done and what we as a team had achieved and been through here in Olivine City.As I look up, I see Amphy's light shining over me. After a few moments, I finally make my move away from Olivine City, and onwards to Mt. Mortar and Mahogany Town.

- I feel Florence tug at my leg and she points at a card on the ground. I know what it is before I even pick it up; A Nuzlocke Card. On it is the list of pokemon I've lost so far...8. 8 of my friends. Some I'd only just met, some I was just getting to know...and others...Kyle...Dana...Muscle...three pokemon I'd travelled with from Goldenrod City...my closest friends. I'll never forget you.

- Mt. Mortar. It's an interesting place to me, there's no denying that. As we entered, I could hear the faint sound of rumbling. As we got closer, it was clear that the crashing was the sound of the waterfall in front of us. It's oddly soothing.
As we travelled through the caves, we were met by - or rather we tripped over  -  a Geodude. With the knowledge that I'd lost 6 pokemon since Ecruteak, and with the fact that it was enraged, I sent in Zac to pull it's health down before catching it. I called my new friend Gary. It's strange; he's quite a relaxed little rock, but is somewhat quick-tempered.

- Before leaving Mt. Mortar, we decided to take a short rest beside the waterfall. Florence was completely intrigued by it, her ears twitching at the sound. I guess it's a result of her being a water-type. Zac meanwhile was stood beside me, watching the cave entrance closely. I think he's realised that, with Muscle gone, he's the most physically powerful in my team.

- Leaving Mt. Mortar I saw a lot of grass. With my thoughts solely on replenishing my team, I walked in, in search of a new friend and partner. What I met surprised me. A Mareep came running up to me, tackled me to the ground and stole my bag! I quickly released Zac and the second time around, Zac lashed out with an Iron Tail, knocking the Mareep back and causing it to drop my bag. I quickly fumbled around and threw the first pokeball I could find; a Great Ball. Thankfully it was successful. With my team being weak to Electric and to Ice, I decided to replace Gary with our new member, Lucy the Mareep.

- Mahogany Town...it feels eerie...there's something going on here. I've heard rumours of Team Rocket being around here, and about some trouble occurring at the Lake of Rage...I'm willing to bet all my money that this isn't just some coincidence.

As I headed up toward the Lake of Rage, another pokemon popped up. A Venonat. I made light work of this one, getting Zac to hit with a quick Payback before catching the bug pokemon. I named him Luke. He's a bit of a loner sometimes and, like Gary, has a little bit of a temper issue.

- I'm a little worried about Zac...he nearly fell to sleep just now after coming in to help a poisoned Sasha. I don't think he's slept since we lost Muscle, or even Dana before that. I've decided to take a quick rest at the Pokemon Centre, as much for his sake as for Sasha's.

-  As I got closer to Lake of Rage I was stopped by a trainer. After defeating his Nidoking, he informed me that he'd been beaten by a red-haired trainer who'd mocked his pokemon...that sounds like Blake...so he's around here somewhere too. Probably following Team Rocket no doubt...maybe there is good in him still afterall? Maybe if I deal with Team Rocket, I'll find Blake again. With these intentions in mind, I finally arrive at the Lake of Rage...and to a phenomenal sight. There, in the middle of the lake, is a majestic beast; the Red Gyarados. But it seems to be on a rampage...I guess I oughta step in before it causes mroe damage.

- It was a tough battle. I nearly lost Toby, who opened up with using Yawn. The Gyarados knows Dragon Rage, and none of my pokemon have near 80HP, meaning two hits will finish any one of them. Next up was Zac, who used Strength to pull the Gyarados' health down. After a few pokeballs, I finally caught it in a Great Ball. I named my new ally Bryan. He's in the PC atm; I can't risk putting my team further in trouble against Electric Types.

After the battle I met a guy named Lance; he looks to be a bit of an odd one, wearing a cape and some sort of superhero get-up. But he talks sense. He's told me that Team Rocket are the ones responsible for causing Bryan to rampage, due to a strange radio signal coming from Mahogany Town. I've agreed to investigate with him, so he's given me time to rest up. We'll be meeting relatively soon.

Team Rocket...Blake...get ready.

Florence - Level 30

- Surf
- Swift
- Aqua Jet
- Pursuit

Peter - Level 28

Item: Sharp Beak
- Featherdance
- Twister
- Fly
- Quick Attack

Toby - Level 29

- Sweet Kiss
- Yawn
- Extrasensory
- Roost

Sasha - Level 26

Item: Mystic Water
- Headbutt
- Ice Shard
- Surf
- Aqua Ring

Zac - Level 24

Item: Muscle Band
- Horn Attack
- Strength
- Payback
- Rest

Lucy - Level 15

Item: EXP Share
- Tackle
- Growl
- Thundershock
- Thunder Wave

------------------------------------------------------
Those laid to rest:
Rachel the Rattata
Andy the Ekans
Kyle the Beedrill
Marshall the Magnemite
Nina the Nidoran (F)
Dylan the Meowth
Dana the Dratini
Muscle the Machoke

Offline CC|The 2nd Coming

• When you feel low, like after Valentines, you decide to be a
  • Joeno Fan
  • CC's making a comeback people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2012, 11:59 »
This is a great Nuzlocke run! Made extra special by the fact you're starting with Florence rather than a typical Johto starter :')

This is inspiring me to do a Nuzlocke run and document it in a similar fashion, I'm just unsure which game to do it on D:

Thanks a lot Zerrissen =D

Thanks TMDR for being such an awesome friend!  And don't forget she did the avatar picture!

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2012, 16:24 »
Oh yeah! Please continue with this, I loved reading this, and still do.