Author Topic: Nathan's Soulsilver Nuzlocke Challenge  (Read 13694 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Reshiram5

• The Flying Ace
  • Pokemon Fan
  • http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57088/pokemo
    • View Profile
Re: Nathan's Soulsilver Nuzlocke Challenge
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2012, 23:52 »
Im a Johto lover and I love how you chose SoulSilver over the way more popular HearGold. So you made it to Mahogany huh? I wonder how your team will do agains Team Rocket and later the Mahogany Gym. Ice types, could be trouble.
You want to meet the expert on all thing Flying Type? Thats me, it takes real endurance to btrain a ducklett to evolve into a swanna and get her all the way to level 66 to learn Hurricane so it has the epic moveset of Brave Bird, BubbleBeam, Aqua Ring, and Hurricane. I can hear their voices sound through the wind and I listen. If I could be a Gym Leader I would choose to have a Flying-type Gym.

Offline Legacy

• I know I'm in my own little world but it's ok, they know me here.
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2012, 10:23 »
Ice types will definitely be difficult now I've lost Muscle. Hoping my new additions can help. I'll post the next chapter up by the end of the week =]
No man is ever truly good.
No man is ever truly evil.
I do the things you never could,
and we won't ever be equal

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2012, 11:47 »
Yes, keep it up! Just failed my Black Nuzlocke, I hope that doesn't happen to you.

bananasamarai

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2012, 07:36 »
This challenge sounds like so much fun I'm totally going to do it. I just hope I don't dies of heartbreak on the first gym since I always choose grass type starter.

bananasamarai

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2012, 07:57 »
I posted the comment above after reading first page and instead I think im going to do diamond nuzlocke. I may post the story of it but probably not make sure u look for it just in case

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2012, 11:30 »
Good luck with it =]

I need to stop giving dates as to when the next chapter is up, cos I keep getting caught off-guard by various things such as family events or work -__- I will have the next chapter up asap.

Offline President Hawkeye

• Capital: Goldenrod City --- Population: 441 --- Pkmn Species: 100 --- Stunningly beautiful and culturally diverse. This is Johto.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Јοђτσ шιίί αίшαγξ βε мγ τґμε һσмε.
    • View Profile
    • Tohjo Falls - Pokémon Blogging
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2012, 12:26 »
This whole thing is excellent!
You inspire me to do a Nuzlocke of my own. I have a spare Black cartridge. But I love the way you've set this out :)

I have Soul Silver too and I loved every minute of it, but I've always concentrated on everything but the story.

I'll finish on a message of good luck and I'm really interested to see how you handle the Johto/Kanto switch  :laugh:

bananasamarai

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2012, 17:43 »
In case u guys were wondering i did start documenting my diamond nuzlocke. I added a special rule where when u reach fight area u must  make a new team but when u go back to sinnoh u switch back again. Players can use either team for elite four however.

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2012, 11:43 »
I'm sorry for how late this is. I wrote it out in more detail about a month and a half ago, but my laptop crashed as I was about to save it, and I never got the motivation to re-write it. Here it is now though, Chapter 12 (although the quality compared to previous chapters is appalling which I apologise for). Chapter 13 will follow soon enough.

------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 12 - Contemplating Complacence

Team Rocket...for the second time, I'm having to take on this group. And I just know that Blake will be here somewhere too. I'll admit, I'm worried. What if he's started to follow in the footsteps of Team Rocket? What if he's joined them? Whatever the case...I have to continue what I've started.

- Could they get a wierder hideout? I entered the market and was met by Lance attacking the salesmen with his Dragonite. He then revealed a staircase under the floor. But now we're down there, it's just getting wierder by the second. I've come to realise that the decorative statues hold cameras, because each time I pass one, a grunt comes to take me on. I've had no issues so far. We've made it through the first floor.

- Well...we can see where the trouble is. There are Electrode linked up to a generator, which is no doubt supplying the radiowaves. The entrance is locked by a password though. And in order to get that password, I need another two passwords. This is NOT going to be fun...

- Finally got the second password. Slowpoketail was the first. The second was Raticatetail, which was supplied by the wierdest grunt I've faced yet. He seemed almost friendly. Now I just need to get back to Petrel's study and unlock it.

- As I was about to enter Petrel's locked room, Blake stopped me. Zac stood ready to fight, but it seemed Blake wasn't up for battling. Instead he just complained. He told me that he'd battled Lance, and was soundly beaten. Lance had then told him that he doesn't love or trust his pokemon. It echoes what I said last time I saw him.

This time he left without any violence, which I guess is a good thing.

- GOTCHA! Petrel fled, not realising that he'd left a Murkrow behind. The Murkrow can mimic Petrel's voice perfectly! I unlocked the door, but was stopped by two rocket admin's. For a moment I thought I was screwed. But Lance jumped in and battled alongside me. I've never seen someone battle so cleanly. He swept most of their pokemon aside...he's an insanely powerful trainer.

Once they'd left, we headed in. We had to knock the Electrode out. I opted to catch one instead. It hadn't tried to hurt Zac in the slightest, so it was an easy catch. I named it Riker. He's an energetic bugger, but only when it suits him. Lance then gave me HM05 - Whirlpool, by way of thanks for helping. I didn't need anything really - just beating Team Rocket, and seeing Blake contemplate his actions...that was enough for me.

- Having left the hideout, my pokemon and I are preparing for the next gym, belonging to Pryce. Ice types are going to be tough, so I've had to re-arrange my team. We're headed there as soon as we've prepared and as soon as I've gotten a jumper of some description. It's apparently freezing in there...pun not intended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Florence - Level 30

Item: Everstone
- Surf
- Swift
- Aqua Jet
- Pursuit

Bryan - Level 30

Item:
- Bite
- Surf
- Leer
- Dragon Dance

Riker - Level 23

Item:
- Spark
- Rollout
- Screech
- Light Screen

Sasha - Level 26

Item: Mystic Water
- Headbutt
- Ice Shard
- Surf
- Aqua Ring

Zac - Level 26

Item: Muscle Band
- Iron Tail
- Strength
- Payback
- Rest

Lucy - Level 22

Item: EXP Share
- Tackle
- Cotton Spore
- Thundershock
- Thunder Wave

------------------------------------------------------
Those laid to rest:
Rachel the Rattata
Andy the Ekans
Kyle the Beedrill
Marshall the Magnemite
Nina the Nidoran (F)
Dylan the Meowth
Dana the Dratini
Muscle the Machoke

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2012, 13:10 »
God this is amazing. You're making me want to do one... But I don't wanna lose alexis and mana, since they both kinda defy nuzlocke rules (vulpix took forever to find... and heracross in azalea town wasn't much better)
electric type is easy, since i can get the codes to get a mareep egg(from primo), but I'd need to find a good grass type if I chose totodile, and breeding the wooper I'd want is gonna be a pain if i choose chickorita again...

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2012, 22:10 »
If you can get a second copy of SS/HG then you can start afresh there. If not, and if you're adamant on using SS, you could always send your current pokemon over to another game, then bring them back over once your Nuzlocke is over? Or of course, just do a Nuzlocke on another game altogether.

Here is the next chapter, to make up for how short the last one was. Enjoy.

CHAPTER 13 - Best Served Cold

Our training for this test was arduous, but worthwhile. We're almost ready to take on Pryce now, and I feel confident in my team. My only worry right now is my poor luck against Gym Leaders. I just hope I don't lose another friend in this endeavour...

- As I entered the gym, I was met by a rather cold blast. I was right to wear a jacket, because the floors were covered in ice! The aim is to knock blocks of ice into one another to allow passage through to the next room...great, I have to think as well as battle...

- The trainers here have been tough. They use a lot of moves to keep themselves healthy, which makes it difficult to take them down. Fortunately for me I have Bryan, Florence and Seel who can take their hits all day, so I've been able to wear them down over time. I can tell even now though, that Pryce is going to be difficult to surpass.

- Pryce is a tough old guy. His opening pokemon, a Seel, was dealt with by Riker's Spark attack quite easily. However his Piloswine was more difficult. I was forced to switch out, giving him an opportunity to set up hail. Bryan came in, and hit hard with Surf. However, he was hit just as hard by a Blizzard attack. It became a tussle on who would win the match-up, but Bryan's speed won it for him in the end, albeit not by much.

The final pokemon was Dewgong. I decided to switch to Riker again, while Dewgong was immediately on the offensive with an Aurora Beam. Riker used Light Screen, and managed to greatly reduce the damage coming his way, allowing him to survive the next hit. A quick Moomoo milk patched him up, and so he began hitting with Spark again. After having used Rest, we decided to take a different approach. Using Light Screen again, Riker then followed up with 2 Screeches, before beginning his Rollout onslaught. It wasn't enough...

...When the final blow was set to be delivered, Dewgong jumped in first with an Ice Shard...critical hit. Riker rolled helplessly, before he joined the others and fell. I brought in Bryan, who seemed more than prepared to take the Dewgong on. Two bite attacks later, and we'd won...but not without the price I had feared would be paid.

Pryce handed over the badge and TM07 - Hail without a word. Not an apology, nor anything to make me feel any worse than I was already...

- Great...just great...Team Rocket won't just lie down will they. As I buried Riker, I recieved a phone call from Prof. Elm. He'd been calling other trainers too, all about how Team Rocket were sending radio signals...and all are from other popular tunings. I'll be headed there once my team have rested and come to terms with our loss...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Florence - Level 30

Item: Everstone
- Surf
- Swift
- Aqua Jet
- Pursuit

Bryan - Level 30

Item:
- Bite
- Surf
- Leer
- Dragon Dance

Toby - Level 29

Item:
- Sweet Kiss
- Yawn
- Extrasensory
- Roost

Peter - Level 28

Item: Sharp Beak
- FeatherDance
- Twister
- Fly
- Quick Attack

Zac - Level 27

Item: Muscle Band
- Iron Tail
- Strength
- Payback
- Rest

Lucy - Level 26

Item:
- Tackle
- Cotton Spore
- Thundershock
- Thunder Wave

------------------------------------------------------
Those laid to rest:
Rachel the Rattata
Andy the Ekans
Kyle the Beedrill
Marshall the Magnemite
Nina the Nidoran (F)
Dylan the Meowth
Dana the Dratini
Muscle the Machoke
Riker the Electrode

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2012, 15:51 »
 Mainly, all i have to say is good luck with clair.
and i would but we only have diamond and ss (and one ds we can use) and the boyf is doing  playthrough of diamond...
emulator. where i have hg i think... and i can't do any out of game trades. hm... tempting

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2013, 22:40 »
Please keep going!
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Silverwing Bloodsplash

• Hey bros, since when I was a
  • Rob Fan