What do you think of my glitch?

Awesome
2 (50%)
Sucks more than my Hoover
0 (0%)
Don't care
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Perform a genuine glitch! No codes needed!  (Read 2769 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Perform a genuine glitch! No codes needed!
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 08:35 »
The amount of glitches in Gen I that people have discovered is absolutely outrageous. The Mew glitch is easily one of the least messed up I guess. Seeing some of them is almost like they're torturing my childhood lol

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 21:43 »
given gen I was an extraordinary amount of information crammed into such a tiny cartridge (~1MB) and they had to use insane amounts of compression just to get all 151 pokemon, stats, trainers, attacks, etc. to fit in it p much led itself to glitches more often than not

like you know in cartoons when they cram something into a too small container and theres tonnes of bits sticking out the edges which they trim off with a pair of scissors? kind of like that

They made Castlevania Lords of Shadows:  Mirror of Fate but people aren't fond of the Lords of Shadows franchise.  Surprised you haven't heard of Symphony of the Night; it actually laid the groundwork of a bunch of Metroidvania games (and some Indie games that are surprisingly enjoyable).

weren't lords of shadows the bizarre 3d ones? //checks// haha yeah the "so you know how megaman x7 was a jarring experience, well,................" one.

lmao like with pokemon and how i went

gen I-----> half translated ROM of gen II- ----> ???????? ---> gen IV

i have a huge hole in the middle of my gaming experience where a lot of titular stuff like metroid, snes/psx castlevanias, nearly every final fantasy etc. dont exist whoops. like i missed out on a lot of the metroidvania end of things and instead pine for terrible sounding FM synthesis music sega genesis games

as far as castlevanias go for me its like "castlevania II on the NES" -------> ???? ----> the ds castlevanias/whatever the hell order of ecclesia was meant to be so i probably need to do some backtracking on that soon
           

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2015, 00:10 »
given gen I was an extraordinary amount of information crammed into such a tiny cartridge (~1MB) and they had to use insane amounts of compression just to get all 151 pokemon, stats, trainers, attacks, etc. to fit in it p much led itself to glitches more often than not
In general if you look at the 80s then games were being put out at a much more massive rate than modern games.  That means less time for playtesting and testing out glitches.

Granted though, the limited interface at times would not lead itself to glitches, but you could do a lot of tricks to a rather poorly coded game.  And of course, people (like TASers) can maliciously abuse other parts of it.

I think it was the era of RPGs which include a lot of if statements (that don't account for other things) and menus that get the lions share of glitches especially from the 90s which were not play tested as heavily.  Which is why you hear about less exploitable glitches from RPGs of the past decade than the truly destructively broken crap from the GB/GBC/SNES/NES/PS1 era.

It also doesn't help much when they have don't really have a whole deal of precedent to learn from.  Recent Pokemon games remain relatively glitch free (there's still some here and there) because of years of experience and better playtesting, as well as having more money to get play testers that work.  Same with a lot of recent games in general, surprising considering the expanding horizons of these games including ridiculously large maps.

Platformers were fairly limited in the NES era though depending on the level of control because a bunch of the more commercial ones were rather stiff and you couldn't break them too badly as a result.  It was when you could angle jumps and adjust jump trajectories mid air that we saw some truly weird crap happen, and I guess they didn't account for a few things here and there when they had to adjust the physics engine.

tl;dr I really don't know what I'm talking about so please someone with knowledge in game design help me out here

weren't lords of shadows the bizarre 3d ones? //checks// haha yeah the "so you know how megaman x7 was a jarring experience, well,................" one.
the "god of war meets castlevania" ones yeah

as far as castlevanias go for me its like "castlevania II on the NES" -------> ???? ----> the ds castlevanias/whatever the hell order of ecclesia was meant to be so i probably need to do some backtracking on that soon
lol oh that's quite a skip.  I love Order of Ecclesia though.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 19:37 by Lord Raven »
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 12:43 »
Assasssin's Creed III's full of them.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 19:41 »
I also know how to defeat Rudy The Clown in Wario Land 3 easily!

I am legitimately interested in this. I can defeat Rudy the Clown the normal way but I've never heard of an easy way of doing it.

Also Wario Land is the BEST.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 19:59 »
Assasssin's Creed III's full of them.

Unity's even glitchier tbf

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2015, 20:48 »
Arkham Knight is mega glitchy on PC still, and the Witcher 3 still glitches on occasion, like melty faces kinda glitching.

Isn't there also a glitch in the Gamecube version of Ocarina of Time that lets you go straight to the final temple or something?
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2015, 23:16 »
There's a lot of warp glitches in every zelda game.  Super Mario 64 had a glitch that involved a lot of weird stuff that took you to the Browser final battle with 120 stars or something stupid.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2015, 09:20 »
I am legitimately interested in this. I can defeat Rudy the Clown the normal way but I've never heard of an easy way of doing it.

Also Wario Land is the BEST.
Go to Youtube, then type in "killing rudy the easy way" then look for a video with that title, then just sit back and laugh! I can beat him faster than this though. It is hard, however, and requires a load of practise. Tell me how awesome that "cheat" is!

I agree. Wario Land is the best!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:52 by The name master »
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!