Author Topic: Ideas for the Switch version of SSB4 and future games  (Read 2332 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
I have a few ideas that I think would be interesting to see in the next Smash game. For the rumored fighters that are said to be in the Switch version I was thinking that Ice Climbers and the Inklings are givens plus Wolf. Ones that I'd love to see are a Alolan Meowth, Alolan Raichu who could use its Z Move as the Final Smash and zoom around the stage while gliding, Shantae since she got her start with Nintendo, Decidueye, Soda Poppinski, Tails, Paper Mario with his own unique move set, Hyrulean Warriors Impa, Terra who has pirate based attacks, Dixie Kong, and Twin Rova. New features that I'd love to see is a Rivalry feature where each fighter has at least one main rival and a few minor ones and when they face off in a battle both fighters get a damage output increase to each other but not to non rivals but at the same time it is harder to KO each other. Examples include classic rivalries such as Mario and Sonic, Mario and Bowser, and Zelda and Ganondorf but also unlikely rivalries such as Twin Rova and Ice Climbers or Terra and Shantae. The unlikely rivalries have small details that make the fighters rivals and they make sense once you see what they are. Shantae and Terra would be rivals because Shantae's main antagonist is a pirate which is what Terra is and Twin Rova and Ice Climbers are rivals because they are both duos.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas for the Switch version of SSB4 and future games
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 14:57 »
The people who voted paper mario in as a unique character need to wake up. Honestly, the only way we could get any less creative is if we added ANOTHER marth clone into the game (hello Chrom).

Here's what i'd like to see:
- Slow Fox's falling speed, even if it's only by a little
- Restore Falco to his former glory
- Put Ice Climbers back in
- Put Snake back in
- Make the Mii Brawlers halfway decent
- Up Lucario's initial attack power and lower the max aura attack power a bit
- Make Bowser's up throw even more broken
- Make jigg's rest easier to hit (i've been sharing pixels and still missed)
- Give Duck Hunt reliable kill options
- Give Sheik reliable kill options
- Give Little Mac some semblance of an air game/recovery
- Tone down Little Mac's super armor and make it heavy armor instead
- Give Roy some damn approach options

Now for a few costumes:

- Give the shiny skins to Charizard and Lucario
- Make Duck Hunt's skins a different breed of dog like with the dalmation
- Make Mr. L at least 2 of Luigi's alts
- Remove Alph entirely (ew)

And the last, and most important one:

- Make waluigi a real playable character.

The entire list can go in the trash for me if Waluigi is playable tbh.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline The Hooded Trainer

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 16:10 »
I would happily pay the full price again if they added waluigi and literally nothing else. Though also id like to see a couple dozen more fire emblem characters (not nearly enough of them) especially the ones from those games that sold like 5 copies in america so no one outside hapan knows who they are. And add paper mario, pixel mario (like the amiibo), baby mario, shadow mario and, of course, bumble bee mario. Then add in knuckles, tails, amy and shadow, and why not toss in goku and shrek too? Hell, lets just let the internet make the game and see what happens, im sure itll turn out great.

In all seriousness, I doubt well get much in the way of new stuff, because it seems the game nearly killed sakurai the first time and hell be reluctant to add in anything major. At most well see some tweaking and maybe the ice climbers, given the only reason they werent there in the first place was the 3ds.

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 17:32 »
I'd also like to see King K. Rool in the game in any version. DK 64 would be preferable but Pirate would also work. I think Alolan Raichu could turn out to be a decent fighter that has so many possible move sets. I picture it being able to do swooping aerial attacks and rushing attacks. Its announcement trailer could even have Pikachu battling another character when Raichu suddenly swoops in and knocks Pikachu into the air and KOs it with the words Alolan Raichu is Stoked for Battle!

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 17:40 »
Ok if we're adding alolan forms into the game, put marowak in instead of alolan raichu. We already have pikachu. Or instead of that, add Pheramosa. That would be pretty cool imo.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 19:39 »
my ideas

- wipe the slate competitively and/or introduce what fairy type did for dragon/fighting type somehow competitively because super smash bros is more fun when ur just mario party-ing it i.e. mashing all the buttons and losing a lot. also itd make smash """"celebrities"""" really mad

- captain falcon gets a move called falcon paunch where he gets really fat.

- sonic gets his "NOW ILL SHOW YOU!!! huuuaaaaaAAAAAAAA" back cos thats way more fun to yell and way more epical and cool and Strong and powerful than "super sonic power,,,,,,,,,,," which is about as cool and good as sonic lost world the game was (i.e. not)

- no more fire emblem characters, theres already too many of them. all these nerds are always hella yelling about this fire emblem thing and i dont see the point. theres advance wars and shin megami tensei, what more could you want?????????????

- gamecube G and nintendo64 N as playable characters. 

what'll probably actually happen cos the switch will have to sell out in order to survive:

- peter griffin, pewdiepie, the minecraft character thing and bart simpson as playable characters
           

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 04:35 »
- no more fire emblem characters, theres already too many of them. all these nerds are always hella yelling about this fire emblem thing and i dont see the point. theres advance wars and shin megami tensei, what more could you want?????????????
as an fe fan:

i somewhat agree, but also keep in mind that the game is rising hard and Echoes is coming out. one of Alm or Celica is basically a given; Lucina/Robin and Corrin are pandering and advertisements, and Alm/Celice will be the same.

FE in general has a history of advertising via smash, and Ike/Marth are the only two characters that weren't purely advertisements. Roy's design was finished like 3 weeks before Melee came out, and he was in Melee before Binding Blade came out in Japan.

I do like more characters in the roster. I love love love Final Fantasy but it's iffy that Cloud is in it considering he's never been in a nintendo game; someone like Cecil Harvey, Kain Highwind, Terra Branford, Locke Cole, Celes Chere, Kefka Palazzo, or Bartz Klauser or something like that would be good additions to the game. Wouldn't really mind Noctis either, but FFXV will never be on a Nintendo console, since BOTW already had framerate issues.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 07:42 »
Kefka would be fun to play as and he'd bring the villain roster up. But Sephiroth would also be nice and he could get in because he made an appearance in one of the Kingdom Hearts games that was on a Nintendo handheld. I'd love to see Clefairy added to the roster to serve as Jigglypuff's rival. I picture Metronome using random fighters' moves and you never know what you'll get. And Clefairy could have a Cosmic and Stored Power Final Smash where the first half it dances around the stage slamming into other fighters hard and each hit is stronger than the last and then it stops dancing, raises its hands to the sky, and this huge meteor comes crashing down and causes massive damage. I'm also curious as to what they could do with Birdo if she ever made it into one of the games.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 04:22 »
Ice Climbers and Wolf should definitely return. I'd love to see Squirtle and Ivysaur return, but I have no hope for Snake, given the state of Konami.

I'd personally love to see Shovel Knight added to the cast. Dixie Kong seems deserving at this point. Wayforward wants Shantae in, and I'm all for it, but I don't see it happening. I guess Decidueye would be neat to complete the FWG trio, hopefully it wouldn't be as awful as it is in Pokemon.

I'm not expecting many new characters, I just hope they do one more balance patch that improves some characters, fixes Bayonetta, and makes Sonic not so brain dead. Other than that, I like where Smash 4 is right now.
Discord - richardblaziken

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 09:41 »
Decidueye i think will play similarly to Green Arrow in Injustice. Fast projectiles that are hard to dodge and being able to fire multiples at the same time. I've also always wanted Mr Shine and Mr Bright from thee Kirby games as a duo team. I have always imagined their Final Smash being their Eclipse move except itt is much bigger and acts similarly to Lucario's Aura Storm with you being able to control the angle and also across thee entire stage. Speaking of stages I would love to see a Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Pinball stage there the Ring Out part of the stage is the lost ball section between the flippers. A game would be in progress and the Poké Ball is a stage hazard and the flippers would throw fighters into the air and leaves them open for attack. The hatched Pokémon act as Poké Ball Summons and they are found only in this stage. The wild Pokémon are the regular Poké Ball summons.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 14:42 »
I do like more characters in the roster. I love love love Final Fantasy but it's iffy that Cloud is in it considering he's never been in a nintendo game; someone like Cecil Harvey, Kain Highwind, Terra Branford, Locke Cole, Celes Chere, Kefka Palazzo, or Bartz Klauser or something like that would be good additions to the game. Wouldn't really mind Noctis either, but FFXV will never be on a Nintendo console, since BOTW already had framerate issues.

it should be King of Misery squall for ultimate nerd rage and people totally ragequitting the competitive scene, and also 9999999999 nerds whining about "why wasnt it Lightning" but thats only cos they want it to be her so they can to pause & move the camera around to look at her baps and butt like a bunch of DoA enthusiast weirdoes.

comedy option if we're going with more sony property: crash bandicoot
           

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 15:51 »
it should be King of Misery squall for ultimate nerd rage and people totally ragequitting the competitive scene, and also 9999999999 nerds whining about "why wasnt it Lightning" but thats only cos they want it to be her so they can to pause & move the camera around to look at her baps and butt like a bunch of DoA enthusiast weirdoes.

comedy option if we're going with more sony property: crash bandicoot

I would prefer Spyro to be honest. He could work out in Smash as long as they give him his current looks but same move set as his classic games before Skylanders.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!