Author Topic: Around 2 years ago, my account turned a decade old  (Read 7534 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline rapidash king

• Typhlosion Fan
  • i'm smiling for two
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Around 2 years ago, my account turned a decade old
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2014, 07:53 »
i think my original account also would have been 10 years old in this coming decemeber. kinda glad i deleted the original account because it keeps me from finding any old posts lol

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2014, 09:33 »
^ yeah I remember that you signed up on the same day as me and Xagor (I used to think of us as account buddies and you LEFT ME ;-;)

I've been through so many friends on this site though... I remember the days where I'd get adorable PMs from DragonairSoul (like that superadorable cheer!)
Also I would get adorable PMs from Kay and me and Jess would get into wars on the Pokémon Vote-Off thread and and and I remember the DJ Webby Webb thread (WHO WANTS TO JOIN WEBBY'S AWESOME BAND!?) and the thread someone made to justify why they should be the person to marry me
I still remember MSN conversations (yes, MSN!) with Mark, Dane, Kristian, Mike and maybe a few other people
Mainly the ones with Mark (Toaster Swinub, Huntail! at the Disco, Apprentice contestants destroying cities with their bright, bright blue eyes)
Memories ;-;
(basically i've always been uncool and that will never change)
(Also hi Dana :3)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 14:24 by Webby »

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

Offline Xagor

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2014, 14:19 »
It's been sort of interesting watching from afar as a lot of the 'old guard' make their way through uni.
3DS Friend Code:1676 3937 3524
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
http://tcgshiyo.wordpress.com/

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2014, 14:39 »
WTH I've been here for 8 years now? good to know I wasted my time in good company :P

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2014, 15:04 »
I don't get any PMs any more, it's really sad lol

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2014, 17:51 »
Yeah, nobody PMs eachother anymore. I like to believe its because I have the ones I would PM on facebook now, though.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2014, 19:35 »
I don't think I've ever gotten a PM that was just someone fancying a chat. It's all business haha.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2014, 23:27 »
The only form of contact I have with any members is on here but they're never on now :(

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2014, 02:10 »
Looking back in my inbox, there's definately some cringey moments but I guess I don't mind too much. Got a lot more stuff coming in when I was more active with spriting, though.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2014, 04:37 »
at least 8 warnings in the last couple pages of my pm inbox, god bless :')

nb: this isn't a cue to start having a "who got the most warnings" contest, its a competition of dubious and pointless honour
           

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2014, 04:52 »
i dont have many people i used to talk to on skype either
ive just become more asocial over the years tbh even when i get a pm here i rarely respond haha
dropping out of everything to become a professional hikikomori.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2014, 11:39 »
The only PM I have in my inbox is one from myself

Rt if u cri evritiem :(

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2014, 12:16 »
 I've almost been here for 10 years on this account. Pretty strange to think about what's happened in those 10 years, I used to actually PM people on this website closer to the start. I even had one of my best friends here at some point too.

Used to be really into spriting and at one point, I was part of a roleplay thing that did really well for itself... not sure if I created it either. Nowadays I just post once or twice a day on Randomness.

I remember coming on in the morning when I was young and waiting for my friend to come on so that we could find out what time we would go out to play Pokemon Fire Red or Beyblades and stuff.

Good memories attached to what this site was.

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2014, 16:15 »
I got into spriting and did that for a while before going on to irc. I lived on #sp from 2008 - 2010 and that spawned various injokes like Bob, quoot, EXPOLODE and other stuff <3 did so many weird requests like custom trainers for Jamie from two pints of lager and one for John from Superjail. Also the castform with a bra for SR. Started drawing more in 2009, have gotten better or so I'd like to think aha. I rpd for a while too, remember Loz's within the within beyond the beyond and you are special. Also thauxan with its crazy page numbers and sequels.
All of this and the Tomtomdra! So many memories aaaa--

I also remember specifically saying that I was disappointed in Hawkeye having a life outside of the internet, because of how infrequently I thought he was responding to requests on SFA.... That acronym itself omg. I haven't been spriting as much as I'd like, either ;;' But yeah... I guess I'd have a teenage account if the 10+ year old accounts are adults? 8 years, yeah!

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline Lorem Ipsum

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2014, 21:13 »
Previous account included, I joined just under nine years ago, crikey...

I was 9 when I created my first account but I only really made an account because the website told me to, I didn't quite understand the concept of a forum. I made a new one when I was 11 and got into spriting. I think it was the PKMN Hokage or someone who taught me how to do it and I made crappy little animations on Microsoft GIF Animator. I used the main site for tips on how to play Pokémon Silver (which I still think is the best Pokémon game ever made).

It got me into the whole "internet community" thing, and I can remember spending very late nights on IRC doing quizzes and talking about random things. I remember a whole rivalry with some guy called Mik and I can also remember being a really obnoxious, pretentious ass, whoops.

I broke my laptop when I was 13 and didn't get a new one until last year, so in the interim I ended up using the desktop which was more censored than North Korea and so consequently my activity level just totally fell off and I never really got back into it... by the time I came back I had sort of grown out of Pokémon and my lack of funds have meant I haven't been able to keep up with buying the consoles and games since B/W.

I remember my sort of forum friends were Liam, JSM, Inferna, Mizz, and that sort of arty crowd over at Sprite Fan Art, but I am sure I've missed a couple of people off.

As for me now I like to think I've become less irritating and it was PKMN.NET that made me interested in computers and got me properly computer literate. And made me move away from txtspeak and that kind of thing. I'm in my last year of secondary school and have just got a place at Oxford University in October to study Classics.

It's really cool to see some of the "old guard" here, and I can't believe I've spent nearly a decade visiting this site...