Author Topic: What do you think is the best starter from each type?  (Read 5859 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
What do you think is the best starter from each type?
« on: November 12, 2013, 20:57 »
As with every Pokemon game we have the starters of the types Fire, Grass and Water (sometimes gaining another type later in the evolution line). But which one from each type is your favorite?

Here are my opinions.

Fire - Infernape / Emboar

Yes, I prefer something that ISN'T Blaziken. FREAKING UNNATURAL, WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME. Well, I know this is going to spark up a debate but to be honest, even with a Mega Evolution and Speed Boost, I have only used it in battle because it was either a random battle or I made a team of all the fire starters or something, not because I actually LIKE it.

Okay, so Blaziken was the first to receive the coveted Fire / Fighting type but that doesn't make it the best in my opinion. Before generation five when Blaziken gained Speed Boost, it's stats made it pretty useless to be honest. Sure, it had decent attack but having bad Defense and Special Defense kind of brought it down. However Infernape was effective before it got a Dream World ability (Iron Fist ISNT as good as Blaze, but it still does the job to negate a few weaknesses with Thunder Punch). Infernape is fast and powerful, and having high speed and attack stats allows it to take nearly anything down in a hurry. Of course, being a frail glass cannon it will need a Focus Sash to survive any sort of damage and then will most likely kill itself with Flare Blitz, but it is effective in OU and can destroy a lot before going down.

Emboar however... I love it. I dont really know why. Truthfully, it isn't very good in battle at all unless given a Choice Scarf to boost it's abismal speed (which even then can't top a lot of pokemon it will fight), but the stats are pretty good. Okay, like Infernape the defense stats are PATHETIC, but it has insane HP and Attack stats. It also gets a crazy movepool including Scald, Solar Beam, Superpower, Heat Crash (which with Emboar's weight deals PAIN) and so much more. I chose Tepig in Black and White and damn, I'm glad I did. Ganonpork the Emboar. Scarfed and armed with Flare Blitz, Stone Edge, Earthquake and Superpower. It will wreck anything that moves.

Water - Greninja

Generation 6 introduced what immediately became my favorite Water Starter, and for good reason. Protean gives STAB to any attacking move used, giving it a nice bonus to sweeping a team. It's pretty fast, pretty powerful, gets a nice movepool, amazing ability and of course, that AMAZING SCARF.

Oh yes, it has "Ninja" built right into it's name. EPIC  :ph34r:

Grass - Sceptile / Torterra

Yes, ANOTHER split decision. Both of these pokemon are amazing in their own ways. Sceptile is like a Fire version of Infernape. Fast, powerful and lands a few powerful hits before going down.

Torterra however is almost the opposite. It's speed is bad and it can't particularly take anything down in a hurry, but it has massive HP, Defense and decent Special Defense along with Leech Seed and Synthesis. Oh yes, it also has a 4X Ice weakness. Ouch.

Torterra's Attack is pretty crazy, making it a nice offensive tank.

What's your opinion? (I can already tell I'm going to see "BLAZIKEN BLAZIKEN BLAZE CHICKEN BLAZIKEN" repeatedly here)

Needs more Gengar

Wolstenholme

Re: What do you think is the best starter from each type?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 21:06 »
Fire - Typhlosion
It's name is Typhoon and Explosion put together.
It has fire coming from it's neck like a fluffy collar.
It's prevos are the cutest things ever.
It is the easiest starter to use - good move pool/ learn set from an early level.
It's just freakin' awesome.

Water - Empoleon/Blastoise.
Water/Steel penguin, guys.
Do I even need to explain why Blastoise is a fabulous poo?

Grass - Meganium
Dinosaur.
Flower Dinosaur.
Happy Flower Dinosaur.
Gen II Happy Flower Dinosaur.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 21:11 »
Fire - Combusken Blaziken

He's a fire/fighting Taekwanduck thing. I prefer combusken to Blaziken, but Blaziken is still my favourite fully evolved one!

Water - Empoleon

Chloe puts this well - water/steel penguin??? Awesome!

Grass - MEGANIUM!!!

It's like my two favourite colours and is cute beyond belief <3
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Legacy

• I know I'm in my own little world but it's ok, they know me here.
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 21:16 »
Do I even need to explain why Blastoise is a fabulous poo?

Don't make me find that image again.

Water:
Hmm......Feraligatr. My first ever water starter way back on Silver (chose Charmander in Blue). So much love for Feraligatr =] Totodile is awesome too.

Ooooh but Greninja and dat Water/Dark typing D= Screw it, Greninja and Feraligatr.

Grass:
This one is a little more difficult as I'm not a fan of grass types. Nonetheless there is one that stands out for me and that's Treecko and Grovyle (<333). Let's also not forget just how awesome Grovyle was in MD2.

Fire:

BURN BABY! BUUUUUUUURN!!!!! So many good fire types but the two that stick out are Charizard and Blaziken. I mean, what's not to love about a burning fire dragon and a Kung-fu Chicken?
No man is ever truly good.
No man is ever truly evil.
I do the things you never could,
and we won't ever be equal

Wolstenholme

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 21:22 »
Don't make me find that image again.

it's my new thing, okay?

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 21:31 »
it's my new thing, okay?

I made a thing.

Needs more Gengar

Wolstenholme

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 21:33 »
wow. I just.... I'm overwhelmed.

Is it sig sized? Can I use it?

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 21:33 »
Combine DeviantArt with a photo editor and that is the result.

I highly doubt it is small enough to use as a Sig. Maybe save the image and Photoshop it to make it smaller and use that? If you can do that you're free to use it of course :)

Needs more Gengar

Wolstenholme

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 16:46 »
Tinypic did it's magic.

Offline Hoof Hearted

• Rob Fan
  • Swampert is nnniccee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 00:26 »
Grass - Sceptile&Torterra

Although I do prefer Sceptile over Torterra, its not by much and I like Torterra's type better. I was never a fan of the grass starters, and I was a bit disappointed with gen 6's grass starter, but it wasn't 'till gen 3 where I actually started liking the grass starters. Sceptile and Torterra have always been really awesome in my eyes, and Sceptile is even one of my favourite pokemon in general. Sceptile has a cool, slim design and likes to chew on a twig in the anime like a badass. He has a great speciall attack and speed stat. On the other hand, Torterra is amassive friggen turtle with a tree on its back! A tree! Of course, matching its bulky look, its has immense attack and defense.

Fire - Typhlosion

Of course, the classic fire pokemon choice always seems to be either Charizard, Blaziken, or Infernape. I'm not sure, but although when I was a kid I loved Charizard, I think its rather over-rated and, although its cool, just doesn't seem as cool as I once saw him. Blaziken's pretty cool, but again, he's over-rated. Inferanpe has never really caught my interest. I haven't heard much praise for the new fire starter or Emboar, but I don't really like them, so I could care less. Typhlosion on the other hand, I've always had a weird favouritism towards him. I'm not sure why, but I've always found him to be a really cool pokemon and was one of the few that I actually liked from the g/s/c series.

Water - Swampert&Empoleon

MY first pokemon game ever was pokemon sapphire. As you probably guessed, my first ever starter was Swampert. Swampert has always been such a cool looking pokemon in my opinion and is one of my top 3 ever! Since its sprite was completely revamped in generation v, I've loved him even more. I always usually pick the water starter first so of course when I got pokemon diamond, I picked Empoleon. Empoleon is an awesome pokemon, whom I especially love due to his water/steel typing(My two favourite types) and the fact that he's a penguin. Now who doesn't love a penguin? Although I love Empoleon, Swampert will always be my favourite. He got me through so many hard situations in pokemon sapphire and brings back so much nostalgia when I use him. I still remember my team from when I first played pokemon sapphire; Swampert, Ludicolo, Gardevoir, Manectric, Aggron, and Flygon

Offline Danse Macabre ( 6,6)

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 10:32 »
Infernape - While Blaziken may be the posterboy of the fire group, it's not always been the case. I was a massive fan of R/B/S and a huge fan of fire types... imagine my dissmay when finding out that my beloved Blaziken was slower than a boiled potato in a triathalon. While this was corrected in later generations, I can't forget the betrayal!! It doesn't hurt that Infernape has good speed, good attack & looks a little like Super Saiyan 4 Goku. My monkey wears a fur waistcoat now, fur waistcoats are cool!

Who cares - Grass isn't fire type.

Who cares - Water isn't fire type.
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline Ya-Yah

• I'm told I'm a
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Apparently aka YY now ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 12:04 »
Fire - Typhlosion
Charizard is pretty darn cool but Typhlosion is just some awesome volcano mouse thing :')

Grass - Sceptile
I'm not a huge fan of the grass type, but Sceptile pretty much blows the others away in my opinion

Water - I Can't Choose!
All of the water starters are amazing! If I had to pick just one... nope, it's impossible!
Though the first four are my ultimate faves  ^.^

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 01:13 »
Fire Type - Blaziken

It's hard not to love this guy, I mean come on! One Swords dance and  he can smash a Kyogre's face in. And that's just one SD. Duel stab with Flare Blitz and Hi Jump Kick, and Speed Boost together get you banned for a reason.

Water type - Empoleon

Hey, my favorite animal (Penguin) makes a splash in Sinnoh. Water douses those who oppose him and steel stands up our newest type. Plus, Kenny in the anime used him pretty well. My first starter I actually beat the elite 4 with.

Grass Type - Sceptile

As you can see, I love the Hoenn starters. Sceptile may only be RU, but he shines there. This thing is fast and attack stats are pretty good. Plus, look at the design.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 21:59 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 03:53 »
Blaziken, Greninja, Venusaur, competitively.

Blaziken, Greninja, Serperior on a personal level.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Volkner

• The Shining, Shocking Star
  • Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 11:44 »
Fire: Infernape. It's got some diversity and can run both physical and special movesets.

Water: Samurott. Out of all the other Water-type starters, Samurott is the only one with a decent move pool in-game. Even then.

Grass Serperior. I just love it. Though it doesn't have that good a movepool in-game, it's pretty bulky and generally good as a setup sweeper.
"My relationship to Flint? There's no love lost, that's for sure."