Author Topic: Everyday Accomplishments  (Read 181024 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Everyday Accomplishments
« Reply #795 on: March 08, 2016, 22:11 »
pantera are pretty good but their lead vocalist is a white supremacist or something like that. from what  i've heard, i've not done any research on that, but there's stuff out there about it.
trivium are ok, if you end up liking them check out killswitch engage

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 08, 2016, 22:49 »
I think Pantera disappeared off of my ipod sometime last year and I didn't think about putting them on again *sigh*. That Mouth For War solo though...definitely worth a listen.

Managed to talk to someone today about my questioning of gender, and he was really helpful with it.

Also, managed to convince my tv and film teacher that I could work on my own on the next project. Means I can go at my own pace and not at some overly-worrying perfectionist's frenzied pace.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 08, 2016, 23:59 »
Start with Disturbed's newest album if you're new to them. It's not as heavy as everything before that so it's great to start on. Then if you like that, Indestructible is really good and so is Ten Thousand Fists.

I've just put Ten Thousand Fists on now! Really like the cover of the album since it's like the retro Warhammer Fantasy art which was always fantastically strange to look at since 9 times out of 10, the moon had a skull face.

Definitely giving Indestructible a listen tomorrow after uni.

pantera are pretty good but their lead vocalist is a white supremacist or something like that. from what  i've heard, i've not done any research on that, but there's stuff out there about it.
trivium are ok, if you end up liking them check out killswitch engage

Gutted about the lead being a nob but I'll still give them a crack since I occasionally listen to Lostprophets even though Ian was a radical degenerate.

My friend loved Killswitch Engage because his favourite wrestler used one of their songs as his intro (CM Punk maybe?).

Meant to give Alice in Chains a blast too.

It's a nice change from all the pop/dance/remix stuff I listen to because of the gym. It's weird because someone puts the radio on and we all end up doing our stuff to Robbie Williams or something equally inappropriate.

-------------------------------------------

Managed to get toothpaste today since the one one I was using was causing my teeth to hurt. After checking it out, it turns out that it just wasn't for me and although my father suggested using it, it's something that a dentist should recommend. Replaced it with Sensodyne in the hopes that it'll fix any damage. Picked the whitening one over extra fresh since it's what I'm used to and whether it has whitened my teeth or not is up for debate tbh.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 09, 2016, 07:39 »
Was gonna recommend "The Screamer" that's meant to sound like a jet engine before reading that D: they sorta sound like joints grinding against each other without the cartilage anyway. Plus "The Screamer" sounds hilariously suggestive or hilariously scary depending on how you look at it.

How long do you do it for? I just go until I'm bored but apparently it's meant to build forearms too? Still in gym limbo where I'm not in either gyms but trying to get back in lol.

i p much just do it until i can do it no more and the elbow joints go from "FEEL THE BERN" to "AAGHGHGHGHGHG STOP" (about 15-30 seconds hahahahaaaaauugghhh sob sob sob) cos im trying to push the stamina in those joints. iirc it's used as post injury rehabilitation in the forearm/elbow???? and well i aint Injured it per se its just really crappy cos of spaz issues lmao but yeh its like desktop Training i guess.

i basically needed a way to do this (force body to repair the elbow stuff cos it forgot) but without the big superficial bruises and red marks all over my elbow joint lmao. i used to do that and then do a workout so the body was Repair Mode but it was sometimes a bit of faff just to have a non-stiff elbow all the time.

also i didn't have the kinesiology or w/e tape so i just used tube socks but yeh i kind of needed a way to Train Those Muscles Up and the powerball does a p good job of that when i remember to do it and its not too Early/Late in the day

Managed to talk to someone today about my questioning of gender, and he was really helpful with it.

//kramerslides in// did i hear something about someone questioning their gender? #1 thing is to make baby steps in the direction you feel is Right and if they feel good, make further baby steps. do what feels Right and not what you think you should do cos boy can you get lost easily in Discontentment if you go "but if i dont do _____ that wont make me a Real ____"

im not always about and im crap at replyin but if you have Serious Woes about it drop me a line on here or w/e

check out killswitch engage

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

life to lifeless = one of my fave albums as a terrible melo-death/indus-metalhead teen, for real. i was so sad when the frontdude went and i know he's Back now but the new stuff just dont cut it for me the same way the first album did :/ beth drummin the beginnin to life to lifeless on the kitchen counter w chopsticks while everyone is out cos shes bored.

i was gonna list some good 00s nu-metalish bands but we'd be here all day while i namedropped and tried too hard to look kvlt. (i.e. static x, bleed the sky, american head charge, spineshank, mudvayne, etc. etc.)
           

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #799 on: March 09, 2016, 15:13 »
I'm going to give Pantera, Trivium, and Device a go

Trivium were okay, but I found that the vocalist seems to think he's James Hetfield meets Iron Maiden.

since I occasionally listen to Lostprophets even though Ian was a radical degenerate.

Understatement of the year?

I ventured outside today given how bad the weather is. My skin doesn't like the cold but it was nice to feel some daylight on me for a change.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 10, 2016, 21:02 »
My partner and I won the badminton tourney, then I turned around and won a really tight match in singles.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 10, 2016, 21:04 »
My partner and I won the badminton tourney, then I turned around and won a really tight match in singles.
I'm doing badminton in PE! LOL!
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 10, 2016, 21:08 »
i spent a long time in pe crying but when two of the girls in my year came in and found me they were super nice and even though i was uncomfortable being so open about stuff i just let them hold me and it felt really good and then we did one of those industrial sized dot-to-dot puzzles together so yeah im kind of scared i'll get yelled at for bunking but i feel like this was good emotional development

thanks gl <3

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 10, 2016, 21:35 »
 So every band was cool but I couldn't click with Trivium :(

also i didn't have the kinesiology or w/e tape so i just used tube socks but yeh i kind of needed a way to Train Those Muscles Up and the powerball does a p good job of that when i remember to do it and its not too Early/Late in the day

do u wrap socks around ur knees/elbows

Do warm baths help with the pain at all? Could even go to a massage parlour since they're meant to be fantastic for muscles but I've always been afraid to go because apparently the dirty massage parlours are real and I don't want to risk it.

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #804 on: March 11, 2016, 07:45 »
First night in florence done! Hostel is a bit loud but we found an amazing restaurant not far.. Definitely the food part of our holiday. Plan for today is to go see the sites and the uffizi, before we leave tomorrow for Venice!
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 12, 2016, 21:51 »
^ for a good night get to Uncle Jimmy's the bridge over from the Ponte Vecchio, down the street from Mercato Nuovo. With your first drink give them 1 euro and ask for a wrist band. Now every drink you buy you get a free shot. Pints are like 6 euro and they have cocktail deals sometimes. From there I usually hop over to a few bars or a club but if you're wasted already Red Garter is fun, karoake and seating. Wing Wednesday and Thursday and Taco Tuesday. Kikuya right next door is fun too, they have this Dragoon Beer and... drink at your own risk. strong stuff.

tuesdays Green Street Bar is fun. $2 tequila tuesday. make friends with one of the bartenders and you can get free VIP to the bamboo club down the street if you're into that.

florence is such a blast. Find Pinos, Oil Shoppe, and eat some kebabs its all bomb. Off the Hook has great burgers and beer. If you're out past 2am find a secret bakery! its real cool. hope you might go back. anyways what restaurant did you find?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 21:54 by Kpyna »

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #806 on: March 13, 2016, 15:53 »
To be fair our restaurants were right by the hostel we were staying in. First night we went to la trattoria tiberio,  which was nice and homely. We splashed out at la taverna del Bronzino, because the place itself has history, and we splashed out for my other half's birthday.  Fell in love with the indoor market too, much more to see than the one we have in Swansea!

Today I navigated Venice, and went on a water bus
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 13, 2016, 17:10 »
I'm surprised at how fast I can read sometimes. I just read The Name Master's Search for the lost box story in 8 minutes!

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 13, 2016, 21:26 »
So every band was cool but I couldn't click with Trivium :(

late to this but trivium are dead to me after Ascendancy. they did this weird thing where between albums they lost their original sound completely and ended up sounding like a poundland metallica cos it was the fashion at the time? and it was Weird.

this happens a lot with good nu metal bands, they run out of ideas after their second album and shrug and either release weird crap or in the case of SikTH (praise be unto them), they break up after their second album is a bit //wavy hand movement while grimacing//

do u wrap socks around ur knees/elbows

yeah thats where ur meant to put them isn't it? p sure pants are to hold fruit n veg from the store and tshirts are where your legs go

(for real i consider it a Good Day when my underwear is on the right way round and the right side out too tbh. i cut off all the labels cos i can't stand how they feel so its prolly my own fault)

Do warm baths help with the pain at all? Could even go to a massage parlour since they're meant to be fantastic for muscles but I've always been afraid to go because apparently the dirty massage parlours are real and I don't want to risk it.

baths! holy crap i kind of forgot they existed? im kind of a showers person cos of how baths are all huge gas bills with the swimming pool of ur own skin cells and all that and i kind of have to Japan it up i.e. have Clean Wash first and then soak in the tub or have showered earlier if im gonna bath it up, but honest to god baths are (second to proper effort-meditatin for an hour) the only thing that give my body that proper Chilled Out N Nice feeling so i should prolly have one? 
           

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 13, 2016, 22:14 »
Roll out the congratulations banners guys, just had my first kiss!!
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE