Author Topic: Canines n' Felines: which are your favorite?  (Read 1436 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MonsterMon64

Canines n' Felines: which are your favorite?
« on: May 10, 2014, 10:29 »
You know: cats, dogs, and any of their wild relatives (lions, foxes, etc.) We may have more than enough of each, but that simply means plenty to choose from, right? So which are your favorites?

I'm more of a dog person, so I'm gonna tackle that first: Stoutland. Absolute bro in my White version, but that aside, it's got a sweet 'stache, it isn't afraid to cross the sea or through terrible weather just to save someone, and... I dunno what else to say about it, just that it's awesome, and I'd definitely have one as a pet if it was real.

Favorite cat? Who else could it be but Meowth? The cool coin on its head (and also Pay Day by extension) is a big plus, but I just dig its design in general. Shame cats and I don't mesh well, I'm not sure if a Meowth would be any different.

That's it for mine! How about the rest of you? Oh, and for simplicity's sake, if we can't decide whether it's feline or canine, let's treat it like it's neither. That rules out Eeveelutions and the Legendary Beasts, at the very least.

Wolstenholme

Re: Canines n' Felines: which are your favorite?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 10:55 »
In real life I'm terrified of dogs so it's strange that I like them more in the games but I've always felt that the cats have had low levels of imagination.

Bring on exhibits one, two and three: Purrloin, Delcatty and Purugly or as I like to call them: obnoxious, poodle-cat and Delcatty in rehab. They're just cats for different walks of life, Purrloin was clearly just a normal cat that got fed well but then got lost and became a little scruffy, Delcatty was pampered and ran away on purpose and Purugly got over fed and not looked after. THEY ARE JUST NORMAL CATS. They coulda made them special in some way but no.

The dogs on the other hand are Ab Fab. Suicune is my very favourite because just majestic water dog legendary. It purifies water. It is a dog. But there's also Arcanine, Mightyena and many more and they're all big and badass and with nice typings, game freak are clearly dog people.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 16:43 by Bad Wolf »

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 13:44 »
To be honest, I qualify the Johto eeveelutions as feline.

Cats: Well..... espeon and umbreon are huge standouts, if they count to you people. Nothing else can come close to them. However..... remove those two from the equation and it gets tougher for me to pick. I'd have to go with pyroar, the only other cat standout. Although persian is a fun lead in NU, pyroar slightly beats it out. What we need is a fire tiger..... that would be awesome.

Dogs: Gods..... dogs. I can barely pick. If foxes are relatives.... no contest for that, as Ninetales and Vulpix blow everyone out (as I do not count Riolu and Lucario as doglike). If foxes aren't good enough, arcanine or suicune. Suicune is graceful like flowing water, arcanine a fiery wild beast, a fun attacker that can burn you in a blazing fire, or a cool and calm creature that can stand up to the likes of gengar.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 23:55 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 16:59 »
I'm a cat person, but in pokemon the only cat that actually stands out it Pyroar (not counting Espeon and Umbreon, of course). Other then that... I've always had a soft spot for Skitty, for some reason... I don't even know why, I normally don't really like pokemon that are obviously designed to be super cute, but Skitty seems to be the exception. This is pretty much for design only, of course, I'd never actually use a Skitty.

As for dogs, there are so many dogs in pokemon I like. Growlith and Arcanine are an obvious pick, I actually really like Poochyena and Mightyena are awesome (awesome designs at least, I'm not sure how good they actually are in battle), and then there is foxes, I love Vulpix and Ninetails, and the Fennekin line. The only dog pokemon I don't really like are Snubull and Granbull. I mean, really, fairy type?

What?

Also, I'm adding fairy Granbull to my list of things I need to draw once I have time to actually draw.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 17:15 »
Aw, but Snubull and Granbull are great. What's not to love about scary looking bulldogs that are fairies??

Also if Slurpuff counts as a dog (it defintely has dog like features to me) then it's my absolute favourite. I also love Stoutland though.

The cat 'mons are all kinda lame tbh. :/

Offline Mistral

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
    • Petalburg Woods
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 19:56 »
I'm more of a cat person in all actuality, and I feel as if that applies to Pokemon for me as well.

For cats, I do like all of them except Purugly. While I don't deny it's probably good in battle, it's just not really my cup of tea, haha. The other cat-like Pokemon are cool in my book.

For dogs, the only one that really appeals to me is the Poochyena line. Wolves, yes, but still in the dog family. I'll admit Lillipup is pretty darn adorable though!

Offline shadow the shiny umbreon

• please click to help a baby dragon survive
  • Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 02:45 »
I'm more of a dog (wolves are my favorite) person though I still like cats.....

For cats I like Persian I love it's sleek and muscular appearance and it is just you know..... cool! : )

And for dogs I like either mightyena and Holbrook they are both dark types (favorite type) and they act and somewhat resemble a wolf (favorite animal)

Plz click both to save two baby dragons lives.

Offline Bulbakip

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
    • What do WE think?
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 14:45 »
Well...
Felines:Skitty, Meowth, Persian, Raikou, Litleo, Fennekin, Vulpix & Ninetales and Riolu & Lucario (I think they are foxes), Zorua

Canines: Growlithe, Arcanine, Entei, Suicune, Jolteon, Electrike & Manectric, Lilipup, Jolteon, Poochiena, Houndoom and may be Snubbul

Those are the ones I didn't know where to put: Shinx, Eevee, Espeon, Flareon, Sylveon, Leafeon, Vaporeon, Umbreon, Glaceon

I know they are a lot but there are just so awesome Pokémon  :laugh:

[gif]https://urpgstatic.com/img_library/pokemon_sprites_animated/001.gif[gif] [gif]https://urpgstatic.com/img_library/pokemon_sprites_animated/258.gif[gif]