Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 381250 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #1515 on: February 23, 2016, 00:27 »
oh heyy the italian guy messaged me at 30 minutes past midnight saying he was too tired to go out, who is surprised, not meee guys around the world are all the saaaamee. good thing i have a box of wine i can drink while i watch netflix

he's like, "tell me when we can go out later this week" and im like "nah im kinda tired of this already"

like ok sorry is it just me or are you never too tired for a good night out?? like for real my friends are all giving me different opinions on if i should bother or not

this is usually when i just go out and hit the iron but since i cant im chillin in my room eating chocolate rn
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 11:59 by Kpyna »

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: February 23, 2016, 18:59 »
 The worst part about shaving your head is when you haven't gotten around to doing it so your hair needs to be dried but you forget and shampoo or whatever chemicals in your head stubble starts leaking down and burning your eyelids.

Hooray for chemical burns!

Also, I'm not sure if my practical report is due tomorrow or Thursday but it's literally just a matter of touching it up and adding averages since the written work was #verygood but the statistics were abysmal and I essentially wrote "I've messed up and this means that there can be no scientific statement made but there does appear to be a correlation between X and Y" at the end.

Might start getting the graphs in 30 minutes since it sounds really simple and instead of comparing individual statistics I compared them all and got a value of like... 600.

It's due in on Thursday and I'm only in until about 12 so I can have the whole day to make some sweet and passionate mathematical calculations. Whilst playing Barry White, of course.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 19:55 by Umbreon#100 »

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: February 23, 2016, 22:05 »
so im waiting for some tv to download and i've had 2 glasses of wine, and i decide, might as well study for my italian exam i'm probably gonna fail tomorrow cuz i've been trying to study but i wasn't getting answers right

suddenly i'm killin' it on my quizlet app... is this the secret to learning italian? drinking? i almost believe it

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: February 24, 2016, 01:48 »
I love how when I do something good and then inform someone that they don't have to deal with it, it's kind of waived off, yet when it's my brother or sister, people praise it like a gift from the heavens.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: February 24, 2016, 14:16 »
so im waiting for some tv to download and i've had 2 glasses of wine, and i decide, might as well study for my italian exam i'm probably gonna fail tomorrow cuz i've been trying to study but i wasn't getting answers right

suddenly i'm killin' it on my quizlet app... is this the secret to learning italian? drinking? i almost believe it

u discovered the Secret Of Italy, italian dude was Dysfunctional deliberately so he could lead you to drinking, aka italy's best kept secret and one true love: box wine.

dude was probably like "oh no i cannot compete against Il Madre Grande de Vino Cartone" and pretended to flake out and is at home drinking kalimotxos in the dark n sulking about his defeat
           

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1520 on: February 24, 2016, 14:20 »
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo almost set the microwave on fire trying to make ragu pasta

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: February 24, 2016, 21:18 »
Went to one of the two Dairy Queens in town and asked if they were hiring. I was flat out told that they weren't hiring "any boys" until this summer. All but one of the workers there were female and the one guy working there gave me an 'i'm sorry, not my decision' look. Ok, even if that were true, you could just say you're not hiring and leave that part out, because that's discrimination.

And now I will wait for the counterpoint.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 21:25 by SirBlaziken »

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #1522 on: February 24, 2016, 22:53 »
I know this one person who likes to get in people's faces whenever she challenges somebody's argument, not in a mean aggressive way but in more of an excessive, theatrical way. I guess she's... playfully intimidating? Cheeky? Idk. Still I'm not used to this kind of behavior and feel threatened by it so I end up saying nasty things back at her. She thinks I'm mean afterwards and I feel so bad about myself because I'm nice to everyone else. But I know exactly what causes me to be that way. I want to explain this to her and ask her to stop invading my space like that but she's kind of the person who takes great pride in her uniqueness and accuses people of trying to tell her how to live her life. Anyway I usually can't stop myself around her and think before I act because when somebody gets in your face like that my instinctive response is to defend myself

Went to one of the two Dairy Queens in town and asked if they were hiring. I was flat out told that they weren't hiring "any boys" until this summer. All but one of the workers there were female and the one guy working there gave me an 'i'm sorry, not my decision' look. Ok, even if that were true, you could just say you're not hiring and leave that part out, because that's discrimination.

And now I will wait for the counterpoint.

No counterpoints from me, that was kind of rude coming from the worker. Also that's strange considering the fact that I went to the nearest Dairy Queen in December and saw a boy from school working there. He was even a grade under me
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 23:34 by E.K.A.N.S. »

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: February 25, 2016, 00:18 »
^I don't think it's the chain in general, at least I hope it isn't because then that's bulls**t.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: February 25, 2016, 03:26 »
 I keep telling my friend that I want to lose weight because I'm fat/chubby (not going into gym talk, don't worry breh-drens) and I personally think I'm overweight so I'm working at losing the weight.

Whenever I tell her she says that I'm not fat, that I'm tall, and that I'm fine and it's annoying because she would honestly be one of the prettiest things in the world no matter what weight she is but idk.

I'm giddy-tired and I can't tell if I've finished my point or not because I'm too tired.

Spent nine hours on a lab report mind. This douche-canoe that I've been paired with in lab class has made our questionnaire revolve around his personal interests and this will inevitably ruin our questionnaire because he made a massive fuss about me mentioning Netflix because he doesn't have it in his country (you're living here tho???) and then he went on to make the entire thing revolve around him.

It's horrendously annoying because he made a fuss about him being from Hong Kong so my Western questions don't work so... unless the rest of our class is from Hong Kong, our questionnaire is going to fall flat on its face.

His logic was "we can't use that question because it doesn't apply to me". He then goes on to ask everyone what time they workout. What does "workout" mean? Nobody apart from him knows because he didn't operationalise it. My only guess is that he meant weights because he mentioned another cardio-based question later on.

Our questionnaire isn't even about the gym. The times at which an individual works out is not dictated by whether they are a morning or an evening person (which is what our questionnaire is meant to find out) because universities, jobs, and other responsibilities will dictate when you exercise. His questions are generally awful and the lecture made it obvious that my questions were preferred.

He's not even a nice. He tried palming the work off to his friend and was saying crap like "C'mon you pussy, don't be a little b***h". What is this? Why would someone, who's a general dick, take psychology when it's likely that you'll have to work with the vulnerable at some point?

Can't stand my group tbh. We've got Mr Broscience Projector, Mr Idunwanna Work, and Mr Bikeseat Sniffer.

This is why you sit next to people you know, kids. If you sit on your own, you attract all the weird kids who don't have a backbone between them.

That's not to mention the fact that we're doing a project that isn't even interesting or relevant to a student's general interests. They keep giving us these crappy projects to do and the complain about a lack of enthusiasm.

If it was something interesting, like "does a person's favourite smells tell us they're personality type?" I'll be all over that like the Tories slagging off Corbyn, but no. We're conducting research that isn't very interesting tbh.

Also, someone kept spouting "what about mental health???" when asked about contributing factors to sleeping patterns and it's like "fam, you've read Psych2Go on Tumblr. I get it.".

Feels better to get that off my chest tbh.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 21:52 by Umbreon#100 »

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: February 25, 2016, 16:21 »
blaze -- unfortunately, just with the way the stupid fast food industry works, they hire a lot of girls because i guess they're less intimidating to put out front or something. and the majority of what happens at a dairy queen happens in the front. it's dumb, when i worked at Panera they'd usually put all the pretty girls (and a few exceptionally attractive softly spoken men) on the register. most of the guys i worked with were either dishwashers, worked to clean the dining room, or were actually preparing the food. my brother is a manager at five guys and he says his boss insists that men work the grills, and girls work the register. once again, the most he could stretch was there was this one cute lil nugget boy who was exceptionally awful at the grill and instead of firing him his boss said, "oh he can do register". only boy my brother says he has EVER seen work a reg there, besides management if stuff hits the fan

you do not want to go into food service anyway. they pay you peanuts for the amount of work you do. people will whine about it a lot, but i would really suggest in my 4 years of working bottom rung jobs GO FOR RETAIL. have your mom show you how to fold clothes if you don't do it yourself and just apply for every clothing shop you can. if you have a mall nearby, a couple will usually try to get back to you. i'd suggest macy's, i did holiday work there and made $10 at the start, and at the end they bumped their lowest wage up to $11. all i did was fold clothes and put them away, and occasionally show some old ladies where to find a certain section. my friend worked at Best Buy and got $9 bumped to $10 to scan items at a register. meanwhile, panera bread, i'd work long stressful shifts on my feet doing 3 different people's jobs, i did this for 2 1/2 years, and i went from $7.25 to $7.86. management in fast food places are the absolute worst too. i've heard dairy queen is a poopheap too. consider this a blessing

rant over

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: February 25, 2016, 17:10 »
I pulled a muscle in my back yesterday, now my right lung hurts whenever I try to fully breathe in.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: February 25, 2016, 21:44 »
Thanks Liz, i'll keep that in mind.

Found this chocolate covered popcorn and I can't stop eating it. Help.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: February 25, 2016, 22:05 »
yes and don't forget... if you decide to do a fast food joint, that's your own prerogative. but most likely you'll be slaving over a bunch of grease and if you didn't have acne your face will look like a pizza afterwards. if you have acne, it will look like you spent a night in the amazon for the entirety of your employment. i will reiterate: not worth it. if you need to take a job, make sandwiches at subway or something until you can score a better paying lower effort retail job. its generally pretty easy to get a job in fast food. there are reasons for this.

ALSO: PLEASE do not overwork yourself, this is another reason why i discourage my younger counterparts from working fast food. panera was a 3 or 4 pm to - 10 or 11 pm job on weeknights. this isn't just PB, this is most places you will work, they'll want you to put in 6 to 8 hours. when you need to catch a bus at 6:30 AM, you'll stop doing your homework so much and go to school sleep deprived because i remember at the three fast food jobs i worked my managers would try to make me feel obligated to work more than i could handle working. there was one point at PB i was doing ~30 hours a week while going to high school full time and my grades SUFFERED. i'm talking A and B student to getting my first D. at macy's they were like "yeah you're getting x hours becauuuse that's literally all the labor hours we have for you lol" for those couple of sleep deprived days you'll have... you'll just find out if you're a coffee or tea drinker.

you give me the impression of being exceptionally bright... i was pretty bright too but even i let a stupid job mess with my scholarships and college admissions. i probably seem like i'm being a parent to you but do not make the same mistakes i did, i'm only just working to recover from all that stress i put myself through now
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 22:22 by Kpyna »

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: February 25, 2016, 22:40 »
I've applied to be a busboy at a local restaurant, to work at subway, and to work as someone to work the counter at this burrito place that is going in that runs sort of like chipotle when assembling food. So I haven't applied at like McDonald's and stuff. Plus i've set up my hours on the form so i'm only available until 9 PM max, and that's only on Saturdays. So I am at least trying to be careful.