Poll

Out of the following, which would you consider yourself?

Pokémon Trainer
12 (34.3%)
Pokémon Ranger
5 (14.3%)
Pokémon Breeder
4 (11.4%)
Pokémon Coordinator
2 (5.7%)
Pokémon Master/Champion
6 (17.1%)
Gym Leader
6 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: What Kind of Trainer are You?  (Read 5256 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline EITCPEKTMM

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
What Kind of Trainer are You?
« on: October 30, 2012, 07:30 »
We all like Pokémon, but not all of us aim to be a Pokémon Master. Some are Coordinators, and others prefer to train Pokémon of the same type, making them possible gym leaders. So, out of your experience in the wonderful games, who do you think you would be?

Offline BloodBlade

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What Kind of Trainer are You?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 00:02 »
Pokémon trainer aiming to be pokémon champion.

Offline The last sheikah

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 00:13 »
I think the fact that I've hatched over a thousand eggs in BW means I must be a Pokémon Breeder...

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 00:27 »
I would be a researcher and spend my life peering at fossils and taking soil samples from the various Regi caves and obsessing over the fact that the inscriptions in Abyssal Ruins claim "King saved all from waves" when the whole place is flooded!

But if I had to pick from the list, probably a Breeder or a Ranger.

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 00:37 »
I'd say a breeder. I've always been interested in genetics and trying to get the best creature that can be obtained through hard work and time. Plus, the babies must be cute.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 03:24 »
Maybe a scientist? Most of the Pokemon I choose tend to be steel/electric/poison with maybe a psychic or normal type thrown in.

I've always been fascinated with the moon stone theory...something about it I feel will be explained some day. Giant Chasm added a whole new dimension to the theory too.

Colress in B/W2 is a lot like how I see Pokemon, I like looking into unassuming ones and seeing if I can work with them and find a use for them. I'm not much of a competitive battler though.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 06:50 »
With my competitive battling prowess, I'd probably aim to lead a Battle Frontier facility, specializing in Rotation Battles.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 23:42 »
I'm in between trainer and coordinator, but I think I'd rather be a coordinator. Probably because I grew up with Pokemon Advanced and such, and pretty stuff is very pretty.

Would like to battle competitively but I can't see myself taking time to relearn ;; That'll probably hinder my chance of being an awesome coordinator though haha.

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 04:34 »
Trainer mostly. I tend to try to teach each of my Pokemon the best and most powerful moves they can learn so they will survive in battle. I like attacks that mainly do damage and actually never use Thunder Wave. In fact, that is my least favorite move followed by Protect/Detect and Confuse Ray. It just gets REALLY annoying to me. I will throw in recovery moves if I can as well as stat increasing move if it goes with what I have planned and most of my Pokemon have at least one attack of the type their main weaknesses are weak to such as a Gastly knowing Dark Pulse or Sucker Punch for Psychic Pokemon or Flygon knowing Flamethrower to desroy Ice Pokemon that would normally wreck havoc on it. I may like damaging attacks but I also like throwing surprises at my opponet as well and use an unexpected move on them. I even made my friend have trouble taking me down because I kept throwing him in a loop with sometimes random move used against him and he is a straight forward OHKO attacker. He would barely win and I actually made his Toys R Us Arceus faint because I had a Pokemon that he could not KO and his Arceus was holding a Life Orb. I don't do well when I battle online though. I am attempting to breed for EVs right now but I can't understand how exactly it works. It seems to involve too much math and I was always bad at the subject so I'd rather stick to what I've been doing for years. My method of training is quite unique and I have yet to meet someone who does the same exact thing I do training wise. All my Pokemon's moves are well thought out.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 19:16 »
I'm a breeder, I use the masuda method sometimes.
(I haven't had any luck with shinies yet though!)

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 19:43 »
I'm a Pokémon master

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 07:16 »
I'm a Pokémon master

Liam's Rattata aren't in the top percentage, they teach the freaking class on how to be a Rattata.
Discord - richardblaziken

MonsterMon64

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 07:31 »
Well, in the games themselves, each experience has ever been different for me. I'd consider myself simply a trainer for most of the games, but I had fun as a coordinator in Sapphire. In Soul Silver I would comfortably call myself a Pokeathlete, and in White 2 I'm both a movie star and the greatest avenue manager ever (Special thanks to Burgh for helping me reach Rank 20 and also maxing out my antique shop's level!) with a taste for the occasional PWT.

If I owned Pokemon in real life, though, I'd probably be content keeping them as pets. '3'

Offline Utack and Swampy

• "Generally, anything in the 31-28 range is fantastic, 27-24 is ok, 23-lower is no."
  • Fan Fan
  • Smooth as a Silcoon~
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 01:54 »
I'm the kind of trainer who filled his party with the first Pokemon he caught, and trained them all even though they're as common as dirt in the home region.

I love you, Swellow, Linoone, and Mightyena 83

Edit: I'm also the kind of trainer who refuses to evolve his Pokemon on principle, and then gets rewarded in the end. No male Gardevoir in this team :laugh:

Thank's to Blake... for the awesome sig!

Offline Gusparce

• Dunsparce
  • Joeno Fan
  • I'm not your average worm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 03:48 »
I'm the kind of trainer that likes to specialize in one type. So...

Gym Leader?