Author Topic: Wouldn't you guys like to see some romance between you and your partner in MD?  (Read 19517 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ShadowXatu

• The Shadow Seer
  • Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
That would make it a bit more interesting. Actually, I like to imagine that there is indeed a romance between the two main characters. It sort of develops over the course of the story ^.^
All the yesterdays, today, and all tomorrows--they are as one!

MonsterMon64

It depends on the plot, I guess. Would work better if both you and your potential love interest were formerly humans, imo (I only played Explorers of Darkness, but I assume all Mystery Dungeons thus far have started this way?) Although, there are quite a few possibilities if you went through a similar line of questions for your partner and/or love interest. Heheh, a Bonnie and Clyde relationship would be amusing... for example.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
I guess it would be interesting, but wouldn't a "human" + Pokémon relationship be kinda weird. o-o

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
well, it'd mean the partner would have to be the opposite gender

or something.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
^Why can't Pokémon be homosexual? =P

Offline ShadowXatu

• The Shadow Seer
  • Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
It depends on the plot, I guess. Would work better if both you and your potential love interest were formerly humans, imo (I only played Explorers of Darkness, but I assume all Mystery Dungeons thus far have started this way?) Although, there are quite a few possibilities if you went through a similar line of questions for your partner and/or love interest. Heheh, a Bonnie and Clyde relationship would be amusing... for example.

Maybe it could be one of those games where your decisions throughout the story determine what kind of relationship you have with your partner and other Pokemon. Yeah...that would be awesome.
All the yesterdays, today, and all tomorrows--they are as one!

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
you should try asking somewhere with more furries...

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline rapidash king

• Typhlosion Fan
  • i'm smiling for two
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
^ yeah seriously
i don't like furry stuff. all i'm imagining right now is a chimchar and a chikorita making out on that beach in the second mystery dungeon.

Webby2

It'd be a bad romance so no, I wouldn't like to see it. It'd make a cool song though...

* Gurren_Lagann looks at Lady Gaga

=D

Offline MOP

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Wouldn't happen since the player is supposed to be the pokemon and role playing as someone who sleeps with animals would be a bit odd. On the other hand it could add more depth to the game if you could replay the game as the offspring of you and your partner with special breeding moves and whatnot. I do have a soft spot for romance in games. :3

Imagine all the "metapod used harden" style jokes you could use in your relationship.  P:

Offline Specstile

• The Hoenn and Grass type fanatic!
  • Poképprentice Runner-up
  • Sentret Fan
  • Come At Me Bro
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook, only addy if i know you D:
i'm imagining right now is a chimchar and a chikorita making out on that beach in the second mystery dungeon.

Oh god now i have this in my head DX
I wouldn't mind some romance, maybe some romance rivalry too! The evil guy should get the girl : P because then it would be an awesome twist. Like dusknoir caught me right off guard!

Y FC:0344-9270-9498

Offline Apprentice

• Grand Wizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Remember to like, comment, subscribe,
    • View Profile
    • Vinesauce
^Why can't Pokémon be homosexual? =P

Because the creators don't want homophobic complaints.
And/or something to do with child-friendly ratings.
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ s q u a d ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Webby2

Imagine all the "metapod used harden" style jokes you could use in your relationship.  P:

Can't forget String Shot... especially after Harden ;o

Offline MOP

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
^ There are two moves you can use after stockpile but I think that might be going too far. Besides psyduck has a headache tonight.

I've decided I'm in favour of romance for future stories as long as it has a really depressing end so it feels relevant to me.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 00:09 by M.O.P. »

Offline Ninetalesgirl421

• Why love Vulpix? Why not?
  • Rob Fan
  • Look out, Ninetales has portable mistletoe!
    • View Profile
Hi guys. I'm new here. As for the topic, I would love to see some romance in the games. I've always pictured Vulpix and Riolu together... even though they can't breed.  :(
Thanks to Richard and Blaziken for making this awesome Lucario :)