Author Topic: Pokemon Online  (Read 13977 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Legacy

• I know I'm in my own little world but it's ok, they know me here.
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Online
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 14:47 »
Hooray, a server with a weatherless OU tier that three people will use! :)

On some level I agree with this. Which is why I said about checking the amount of interest in such an idea before setting the server up by setting up a poll here, and for those of us who know others, we can start getting some numbers down of how many people would be interested in such an idea. This also allows for time to see if anyone is able to set a server up.
No man is ever truly good.
No man is ever truly evil.
I do the things you never could,
and we won't ever be equal

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 14:54 »
Doesn't getting people from other servers defeat the purpose of a pkmn.net community server? That seems like a quick fix for all but one day, where they'd just go back to more popular, proven servers.

I'm free for you guys to prove me wrong, but as far as I know, this won't work and the idea has never survived past the hype stage.

kr9q

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 20:05 »
I have to re download it and get a team ready, but once I am, anyone up for a battle?

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 20:08 »
Sure, name the server and I'll be there

kr9q

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2012, 20:17 »
kk. I haven't been on PO in months, due to me forgetting to download it again. I just have to get a team ready, which I am doing now.
The Server... Hmm... The PO server?

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 22:59 »
Doesn't getting people from other servers defeat the purpose of a pkmn.net community server?

Yes and no. Yes since it, initially, might not be JUST PKMN.net people. But the people that would go there could become part of the community. It's surprising how many people go to a server for the community feeling, and actually end up staying. I know I have in the past, and I know I'm not the only one.

Whenever you set anything up in life, whether it's something large like a business, or something small like this, there is always a 'what if?' factor. What have we got to lose by setting a server up and seeing how it goes? If it doesn't work, then let it rest (until the next time, in which a previous attempt CAN be reflected upon). If it works then you can all hear my speech on how I was right it'll be great for the competitive battling community of PKMN.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2012, 20:33 »
You're more than welcome to try and set up a server. Go for it. All I'm saying is that it has been tried in the past and failed, probably because this "competitive battling community" of the site is, quite frankly, close to nonexistent. Although it would be interesting to see if a server improved it (although as you probably already know, I doubt that).

Offline Kitt

• Lone Warrior
  • Rob Fan
  • Lone Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2015, 04:30 »
I used to go to Pokemon Online but havent been in some time. I was CJBlazer from Mostly Harmless but I never battled that well, hence why I quit PO. I may go back but only if the issue got solved with the DDoser plague. So many ddosers....even an auth himself. i like community over competive battling. (I wonder how my old friends are doing...)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 04:34 by Kitt »

Offline Tahmid ishraque

• Rob Fan
  • Be a pokemon lover!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2016, 15:48 »
Thank you for giving me the information of this good game.