Author Topic: V10: Release date decided  (Read 15326 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
Re: V10: Release date decided
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2009, 06:16 »
you can keep the v.9 theme? how??

Top of each page, Site, Profile and Customisation, Edit Site options

Also.. I don't like that you cant ignore someone on v.10.. ugh.

Forum Profile, Modify Profile, select Buddies/Ignore list.

All of them are there, and not that difficult to find.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline q.c.™

• Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
  • Sentret Fan
  • Hi, I'm Marcus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2009, 22:42 »
^ Yeah i found that RIGHT AFTER I posted that.. but it did clear my old ignore list..

Which consisted of 2 people. And now. It's just one =D

One thing.. exactly how is the colour theme determined on this new fangled v.10?

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2009, 22:50 »
We've moved from a mod to native SMF functionality, so the dataloss could have happened, yes.

What do you mean with how the colour theme is determined? If you want to switch site builds, I've explained where in my previous post. If that's not what you want, you're going to need to give a more specific explanation.
Peter <3<3<3<3

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline q.c.™

• Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
  • Sentret Fan
  • Hi, I'm Marcus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2009, 22:53 »
I meant, are there a hidden set of colour fields that you have in which you input a html type of code?

like:

[ Links | #ffff80 ]
[ Posts | #678901 ]

Or was it just predetermined on the new SMF v.10? Because you have the red layout in there.. so I was just wondering.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2009, 23:06 »
We use CSS files, there's two per build, one for the site as a whole and one with specific forums settings.

We had a package that users could use to develop their own builds for v9, it will appear for v10 later, once we've had the time to create it.
Peter <3<3<3<3

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline BlackStatic

• PKMN.NET's official Lyra and Derpy Hooves fan. I'm not really that active on here anymore.
  • Joeno Fan
  • Call me Ayla.
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2009, 23:31 »
My god, I thought something was wrong with my dialup when I saw this loading. But wow, new site layout to get lost in XD;

EMPIRE

« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2009, 19:29 »
I don't come on the site for a couple of days and its completely different! I came on and i was like wow now chika chika. Anyways looks nice; I'm not gunna lie. Good show!

Trainer Dave

« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2009, 20:28 »
Seems to be going smoothly, this SMF2 stuff, but I believe I've found another little 'bug';

It's not essential, but stats pages in people's profiles appear a bit messed up. Take this one for example (Psythor's, only since his user number is 1 ^^). Under posting statistics, the percentages, at least on my end, are out. Especially with "Posting activity by time", it almost looks like the calculation has gone wrong. (Hence the activity figures don't add to 100% the way I see them).

Meh, though it was worth mentioning, just in case it's a simple 'recalculate' button or similar.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2009, 22:04 »
Actually, it makes sense, you're just reading the bars wrong (and I admit it's not very intuitive). The 100% is the time period in which the user (in this case Psythor) has posted the most. The others are how much posts have been made compared to that value.

Most popular boards by activity compares the number of posts he has made compared to the total number of posts in that forum.
Peter <3<3<3<3

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Trainer Dave

« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2009, 01:31 »
Actually, it makes sense, you're just reading the bars wrong (and I admit it's not very intuitive). The 100% is the time period in which the user (in this case Psythor) has posted the most. The others are how much posts have been made compared to that value.

Most popular boards by activity compares the number of posts he has made compared to the total number of posts in that forum.
Hmm... That doesn't make much sense to me. I'd have expected the bars to account for percentages of the posts made at different times, so like 30% at 5:00, 22% at 6:00, etc. rather than 100% at 5:00 and 80% at 6:00. It's a Percentage of what?

Conversely, the percentages on the other fields looks normal, but the 'pie charts' created don't seem to match the statistics.

Ah, I may be reading this wrongly...

Webby2

« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2009, 01:34 »
Hmm... That doesn't make much sense to me. I'd have expected the bars to account for percentages of the posts made at different times, so like 30% at 5:00, 22% at 6:00, etc. rather than 100% at 5:00 and 80% at 6:00. It's a Percentage of what?

I think it's just as a replacement for the bars on v9 which created a different sort of bar chart. Your highest point on v9 would be 100% on v10. I think that's what it means. So if you were to look at it at a different angle, then it might be clearer to see the comparison. Sorry if I'm wrong here though.

The pie charts sort of match that as well I think, the highest percentage will create the full circle, but that doesn't make it mean 100%, it just represents where you've posted most.

Trainer Dave

« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2009, 01:50 »
I think it's just as a replacement for the bars on v9 which created a different sort of bar chart. Your highest point on v9 would be 100% on v10. I think that's what it means. So if you were to look at it at a different angle, then it might be clearer to see the comparison. Sorry if I'm wrong here though.

The pie charts sort of match that as well I think, the highest percentage will create the full circle, but that doesn't make it mean 100%, it just represents where you've posted most.

Ahh... I see what you're getting at there. What a strange way of displaying it... =P

Webby2

« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2009, 01:57 »
^ It may be strange, but at least it works (well it did for me) =P

Offline Freestyler

• !
  • Sentret Fan
  • insert personal text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2009, 23:38 »
After leaving for 2 months, it changed? I actually really like it. I haven't checked it out in full detail yet but the layout is very attractive.

Good job dudes