Author Topic: Rules  (Read 11008 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
Rules
« on: December 23, 2015, 16:26 »
There has been a huge increase in people breaking the rules lately. In particular, this includes double posting, the three word minimum, unnecessary topics, reviving or bumping dead topics, and general ill will against members.

Now while I hate to put a damper on everyone's Christmas, please remember that the staff are only human too. There is only so much we can do and let's face it, we're pretty busy people ourselves. The last thing we want to do is spend our time cleaning up the boards.

This is a general reminder to all of you, and I will be getting much stricter if this continues. If you need them, the rules are here should they need reiterating.

In other news, merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 16:32 by That Girl in the 'Roo Suit »
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
Re: Rules
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 20:17 »
There is only so much we can do and let's face it, we're pretty busy people ourselves.

This is why I asked about being a mod before, I have more than enough time on my hands to take over from you if you ever need me to!

I'm offline mostly when I'm at my hostel, the internet isn't very good there. I still try to connect to the site and check up on others whenever I can though.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 19:19 by Petzbreeder »

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 20:24 »
To be honest, I thought we all would take time to read those or at least use some common sense, myself included in this. Thanks for the reminder.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 09:02 »
This is why I asked about being a mod before, I have more than enough time on my hands to take over from you if you ever need me to!
I think your PM to me about how you really cannot process a large amount of text (really though, i sent you like 2-3 sentences at best) and your general ability to both ignore PMs and trying to making statements that you later do not claim responsibility for would give me some discomfort if you were made a moderator.

It's less about addressing rule breakers as interpreting rules properly as well as keeping things in line.  At what point do you enforce a rule such as "off-topic discussion" and what constitutes off topic discussion?  Debates vs flamewars seems to be really touchy on this forum and I've seen a few debates lately that have gotten ire from people yet did not devolve into name calling fests that would actually constitute flamewars, and stuff that was a slight divergence from the thread but still generally on topic called out by people (namely you, Petzbreeder).

I do not mean any offense, I'm just saying what I feel.  I understand I am somewhat abrasive but i do not try to start arguments, I just happened to not be easy to agree with.

At any rate, I don't think very many people are breaking basic rules, only a select few over and over again, but alas it's irritating as hell to see them being broken repeatedly.  I'm reporting all I can at any rate.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 09:28 »
This is actually being blown way out of proportion. Granted I don't know about if it's happening in Pokémon specific boards but in the likes of RR and Gaming where I have seen rule breaks, I think in terms of the site there's more pressing issues than just overcreation of threads (which given our circumstances isn't even a terrible thing, even if the discussions aren't exactly thought provoking)

Double posting and all caps is a quick fix, just point posters who do it in the direction of the rules and then add warnings (I presume that function still exists), and go further if necessary. It's literally not that bad. It could be a whole lot worse. It is a little frustrating, nothing more.

Haven't seen ill will towards members really, especially due to how bad it has been in the past. Again though, this might be happening in boards where I haven't ventured into.

Offline Ya-Yah

• I'm told I'm a
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Apparently aka YY now ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 11:39 »
I agree with Kerou - I've seen the double posting/unnecessary topics etc on the increase but I do think that may be partially down to having some younger members join recently. I doubt they've taken then time to go and read the rules so reminding them of the rules as the need arises should do the trick. Of course if they have been reminded and then nothing improves, then I guess it's up to the mods to decide how best to deal with them. But cleaning up the boards kind of comes with the job because you're moderating the use of the forum.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 04:01 »
I think everyone is getting slightly too familiar with everyone else and it's causing threads to become more like extended conversations which is breeding shorter, sometimes terse replies and that's where the rule breaking is happening.

I've been lurking and not posting because it's hard to join those threads without feeling like you're impeding on the conversation somehow, and even if I do post I'm mainly talking to people I've seen around for nearly a decade (in some cases) who I'm not really friends with anyway.

There's also been some personal attacks, which have been dealt with swiftly by the moderators but has overall made for a bad forum experience and generally put me off posting anything. There's no point being an active member if it stops being fun.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 07:50 »

no i want to be mod pick me

im like the comedy prez trump option but plot twist i usher in a new Golden Age Revival of puk in my asanine diktat. and everyone will be scratching their heads "why didnt we believe in beth earlier?????? shame on us"

vote for me i'll get that lazy freeloading slugabed name rater back to work //works on my whip cracking skills as i whip a cigar out of a blindfolded persons mouth// //looks at screen all grizzly-like as i Von Karma my whip// ur next, name rater. //backlog MYSTERIOUSLY disappears overnight//
           

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 13:42 »
you can't be a mod when you're ⚠ BANNED 4EVA though

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 14:38 »
the ban was coming from inside the mod!!!!!!

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2015, 17:32 »
see thats my grand plan

when they go to knight me with the Crystal Moon Modding Sword (aka the source of their power, its what allows them Mod Powers) for my inauguration they wont realise im ⚠ BANNED 4EVA until its too late!!!!! and once the sword makes contact with my skin it is instantly contaminated. it goes all black n bubbly and they're all "何????" and "こ........これは悪BANNED⚠エネルギーであります!!!!!"

u should never touch the sacred Modding Sword to someone who is banned. their evil wiles and malevonant spirit will curse the Modding Blade and also curse those who were modded with it. and i laff evilly as all the mods and admins collapse all goin all black n bubbly too for my wicked and vengeful coup d'etat has begun. "aaaaaahahahaha あなたのすべて、愚かな道化師!!!!!" i cackle.  ♪dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun DUN DUN DUN DUN♪

TO BE CONTINUED...................

spoilers: in the next episode The Name Master of all puk users transforms into his super form and puts up a fair fight and puk is Regretful that they yelled at him for too many topics because he ends up as puks unlikely last hope against my tyrannical Shadow Puk Empire
           

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 20:39 »
I think everyone is getting slightly too familiar with everyone else and it's causing threads to become more like extended conversations which is breeding shorter, sometimes terse replies and that's where the rule breaking is happening.  being fun.
Nope, it's just a select few newbies who for some reason cannot read the rules properly

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2015, 22:05 »
i mean at this point we could basically be namedropping

thanks gl <3

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2015, 02:52 »
ok

the name master and random people in say hello

there we go

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2015, 17:07 »
idk if this comes under the weirdly enforced "no backseat modding" rule and idk why it aint been suggested yet but im just gonna reccommend actually just blocking/ignoring users. maybe try like one guy did elsewhere and bring the forums crashin down by putting literally every user on the forums on an ignore list

it sounds like the Marge Simpson Advice quitters option and me of all people suggesting this is laughable but the Scare Users Off Thru Being Mean unfortunetly dont go in line with the way puk is run. theres two types of forums ive seen regardin new and troublesome members "you get trolled off if you suck" and "play nice everyone" and both have their ups and downs. and this forum is deffo the latter type and awkward transition implementations of the former always go wrong. at least the one time i saw a Play Nice forum try it but then one of the mods got done for Illegal Bad Touching not long after so idk what was even going on there

but back when i was a lot more Barmy and Undealt Autismo than i am now it helped keep me moderately sane on here to just throw people in my blocklist as a kind of private passive aggressive motion when i wasn't as cool and chill as i am now. and im still here and members i harboured dislike for aren't so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also if this is the "whatever shall we do with this name master" Star Chambers like honestly??????? he's an eager lad with his heart in the right place but his forum posting slightly hyperactive and scaring him off would be a bit of a shame i guess. i can't say i haven't posted in his topics lately is all and he is basically like a younger me

(next five posts

"well why dont you just MARRY the name master then beth if u love him so much!!!"
"fine maybe i will!!!!!!!!!!!"

everyone invited to marriage between LOOK AROUND YOG  & The Name Rater.

i give him a big smooch on the lips after our vows despite the probable nerd halitosis assualt and go SEE I LOVE HIM SO MUCH WE'RE SO HAPPY while i contract a virulent form of orally transmitted microflorae that gives me raunchy gingivitis and BO. i am then found dead all asphyxiated inside a honchkrow fursuit four months later with a leather whip tied around my neck, sick and pee inside the fursuit. while Name Master is nowhere to be found, his clothes discarded throughout town. detectives scratch their heads for months and the case goes down as permenantly unsolved )