Author Topic: DOTA  (Read 1089 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
DOTA
« on: February 12, 2015, 20:12 »
So, I personally took a long break from DOTA, but after some chit chat on IRC I figured I'd see who here plays.

From DOTA's website:

"Dota is a competitive game of action and strategy, played both professionally and casually by millions of passionate fans worldwide. Players pick from a pool of over a hundred heroes, forming two teams of five players. Radiant heroes then battle their Dire counterparts to control a gorgeous fantasy landscape, waging campaigns of cunning, stealth, and outright warfare."

If you don't have it already, it's free to play, and the only time you'd ever need to spend money is if you wanna swag up your hero.

Here's where you can download DOTA 2

If anyone is interested, but doesn't know how to play, I'd be willing to guide you on a crash course when i finally get my headset fixed. Those who know how to play, we could even convene maybe once a week and form a five stack.

Although its already listed on the steam thread, my name is Kpyna on steam. Just pop that into the search, and I'm the not sketchy looking profile. I can't play at the moment, but I'd be down to answer any questions or provide guidance to those who may want it, and then play once my headset gets back to me.

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
Re: DOTA
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 20:40 »
8k MMR Lifestealer and Skywrath Mage player reporting in hello you can call me Arteezy

no i'm joking i'm really bad and i've barely played (like 66 games or so) but i've played a decent amount of League, I watch TI when it's on and I have friends who are decent so I know an alright amount, I just don't solo queue so i'm bad rip.

would be cool to play with people if we have enough interest tho, lord knows i need more people to play Dota with.
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 22:19 »
I suppose I should talk about what I do. I play mainly support, but I can carry pretty well on certain heroes. I just find a lot more joy in being a support, because I would rather help the main carry succeed as opposed to having the weight of the team on my shoulders like what sometimes happens with carries. Not to mention that I just like to always be able to play a support since how skilled your support and main carry are I've found really is what makes the biggest difference. Too many supports are slackers and I hate watching most non-pro supports haha

I actually had 775 hours on record, so that's why I decided to take a breather from the game and focus more on college.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 00:17 »
aren't dota people meant to be like FURIOUS all the time??? ive heard its the angriest MOBA there is
           

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 02:07 »
yeah, i'd say 1/10 people on there are jerks. but you can just jump on mic and chew them out about how negativity makes you lose games and point out all the bad plays they've made all game to raise the morale of your team back up and then they usually shut up.

i'd say the foreigners on the NA server is what bothered me the most, the ones who knew they were playing with english speakers but still decides to speak portuguese or russian despite everyone on the team's request. however, on the bright side, from desperation to figure out what they're saying you learn a bit of portuguese and russian using a translator to convince them to just speak broken english. unfortunately when you have a situation with a language barrier, the team easily becomes disoriented and frustrated so its really important to not mess that up. or else furious russian / brazilian. i feel like that happens in most games, but in DOTA communication is so key a language barrier puts you at a really, really serious disadvantage.

people complain about the community a lot, but really I played League of Legends before DOTA and there were so many more people that tried to be hurtful in LoL. DOTA players just seem to be really easily rustled by people dying. I think it's because the game is a bit more rigid than league imo.