Author Topic: US Election Results (Late)  (Read 16728 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Re: US Election Results (Late)
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2017, 20:42 »
I'm not actually sure about the fines and the insurance rates; all I know is that people would rather pay the fine because it ends up being cheaper. I'll look up more details on why the fine was so "low" and get back to you later, but the entire point was to make this the closest thing we can get to single-payer in a free market health insurance, even though the idea of free market health insurance makes me wretch.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2017, 22:54 »
Please post the details as soon as you find them because i'm curious about that.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2017, 19:18 »
If I am recalling right, they kept the fines relatively low early on so people could find a good healthcare plan and they're subject to increase, which is why short term it's not working, but again I'd have to look more things up. This is just something I remember off-hand.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2017, 22:01 »
If that's the case we won't get to see it do better because from the looks of things, the ACA won't get a longterm.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2017, 22:19 »
dump and bump's team is trying to claim they had the biggest attendance to his inaugration ever. when quite clearly they didn't.

among other things i've forgotten he seems to be going full fascist and it's barely been three days

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2017, 07:20 »
Absolutely, but let's focus on the real issues like the repeal of the ACA (stripping 30+ million people of insurance and raising premiums significantly more). They're also planning on defunding planned parenthood and repealing an act which makes it much more difficult for poor people to get a mortgage.

The Republican Party has honestly always been fascist and this is their candidate to go full fascist with. It's quite a fearful time, but the key thing is to ALWAYS stay on point, and never worry about this petty crap - that's where fascism gets you and sneaks up on you.

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2017, 23:55 »
media has been banned from the white house. several official government twitter accounts are no longer allowed to post cause they retweeted the trump vs obama inaugration pictures. the tpp is essentially finished now cause trump's pulled out. trump used another EO to reinstate the global gag rule - essentially an anti-abortion bill that's the first step towards abortion likely becoming fully illegal in america.

people are still arguing that trump should be given a chance but honestly he's already shown that he's willing to drive his country into the ground all to please some neo-nazis and fascists

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2017, 00:24 »
people are still arguing that trump should be given a chance but honestly he's already shown that he's willing to drive his country into the ground all to please some neo-nazis and fascists

Yeah, I'd really hoped he wouldn't be as bad as was being made out, but unfortunately he seems to be living up to expectations so far =/ Made even worse by a friendly congress and Supreme Court (iirc). Hopefully the next congressional elections manage to overturn republican majorities to just gridlock everything Trump tries, but until then he's free to pass all but the most insane legislation =/
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2017, 21:11 »
Spoiler: show

just in case any of yall still think we should be giving bump and dump a chance

edit: guess republicans wanna "take america back" just like we stupid brits did
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 21:21 by Shaymin »

Offline The Hooded Trainer

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2017, 21:53 »
You know, it feels weird to be so quickly proven right about something and yet not feel at all good about it. For the past few months (probably closer to the past year, actually) ive been feeling generally scared and worried about the world, and now it seems like those feelings will either stay or get worse over the next 4 years. And good god, I hope its only 4 years.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2017, 04:45 »
Oh I am absolutely sick to my stomach about the Trump presidency and everything to come.

I've heard accounts of a number of people that really voted for him and thinking he was full of crap... and they're also completely sick now that reality is coming down hard on them.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2017, 14:10 »
look on the bright side at least the dystopian cyberpunk/underground satire scenes are gonna enter another Golden Age and at least we'll have some laffs to help us along this difficult age if nothing else. things have been p boring lately and maybe the centre/centre-left/left will regroup and rethink now the Bad Guys won this time round

(spoiler: wishful thinking, maybe 2020 is the death of neoliberalism for the democrat party as a Platform and as a general Campaign Ground for anything left of the conservative right????????????? we can only hope)

edit: i have memory problems so if i posted this earlier on (not sure) then i do apologise
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 17:45 by Lord Thistlewick Flanders »
           

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2017, 18:10 »
Oh I am absolutely sick to my stomach about the Trump presidency and everything to come.

I've heard accounts of a number of people that really voted for him and thinking he was full of crap... and they're also completely sick now that reality is coming down hard on them.

this + people after brexit saying "weeehh i only voted leave as a joke" are why the vast majority of people should just not be allowed to vote

like if you're going to vote for something as a joke... why not go for the throwaway, not the republican candidate? why not write in harambe. why not just punch yourself in the face

Offline Laprabi

• hehehehehehehe
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2017, 16:11 »
this + people after brexit saying "weeehh i only voted leave as a joke" are why the vast majority of people should just not be allowed to vote

Heh. I agree but for different reasons. Although the fundamental problem with democracy is how it allows the ignorant masses to outvote the so-called 'intelligent' classes. Yet believe it or not those who go to universities and consider themselves intelligent are also the most likely to be propagandized. The average citizen only cares about the survival of themselves and their family because it's most important to them.

Although it's kinda funny seeing everyone call Trump a 'fascist'. It's almost as if 'fascist' has become a term to describe people you don't like. Oh wait, it has;
Since the end of World War II in 1945, few parties have openly described themselves as fascist, and the term is instead now usually used pejoratively by political opponents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

Y'all might not like to hear this, but all this name calling (fascist, racist, bigot, misogynist, etc, etc.) is why Trump got elected in the first place; people were sick of being called things they obviously weren't just because they disagree with the 'flavour of the month', whatever that may be. Now the solution is to continue calling people racists, fascists, bigots, etc? I hope you've started to like Trump because if you keep doing that, he'll only get re-elected in 2020. What you reap is what you sow.
hahahahahahaha

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2017, 06:51 »
Heh. I agree but for different reasons. Although the fundamental problem with democracy is how it allows the ignorant masses to outvote the so-called 'intelligent' classes. Yet believe it or not those who go to universities and consider themselves intelligent are also the most likely to be propagandized. The average citizen only cares about the survival of themselves and their family because it's most important to them.
[citation needed]

fyi the average person who goes to university also cares about stuff like that in the near future - but how are they more likely to be propagandized? Learning how to properly analyze statistics and facts is propaganda now?

Although it's kinda funny seeing everyone call Trump a 'fascist'. It's almost as if 'fascist' has become a term to describe people you don't like. Oh wait, it has;
He gained power through nationalism and has authoritarian tendencies. This is pretty much textbook fascist; he is very Mussolini like as well. He's just ineffective.

Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism[1][2] that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

The first sentence.

Y'all might not like to hear this, but all this name calling (fascist, racist, bigot, misogynist, etc, etc.) is why Trump got elected in the first place; people were sick of being called things they obviously weren't just because they disagree with the 'flavour of the month', whatever that may be.
So they elected a racist/bigot/fascist/misogynist to prove them right? I don't understand this line of reasoning. Trump got elected because he promised coal jobs back throughout the rust belt, and to some he promised to tear down the establishment (which is...  exactly what he's pandering to). Otherwise, he made a bunch of lies up, talked really loud, etc so he got elected. Also, party lines are generally kept the same, so Republicans only voted him in cause he had an R next to his name.

A very small minority of people were pissed about being called bigots, and even then they decided to vote to prove themselves right. This is not why Trump won.

Now the solution is to continue calling people racists, fascists, bigots, etc? I hope you've started to like Trump because if you keep doing that, he'll only get re-elected in 2020. What you reap is what you sow.
Ah, so you're saying I shouldn't call people as they are? Because that hurts their feelings too much?

Your general point is correct, it's not healthy to just call someone a bigot, but you're arguing a point that is pretty vague and untrue and pretty much had overall very little to do with the election. The voter turnout was horrible as well (less than half of the eligible voters voted this past election, and there's plenty of voter suppression and there's plenty of issues with our two party system). As it stands, Trump's 35% approval rating and the constant failures of the Republican Party to do anything correct more or less indicates a shift the other way in 2020, not calling a bunch of people bigots for being bigots.

If you're arguing against an "SJW pro-politically correct" that probably hates Trump, you're arguing against a boogeyman that's very little in number and has zero influence on the electorate. I'm not sure what your point is here, but you're not really making a coherent point, because Trump seriously only won due to the rust belt and voting along party lines. He lost the popular vote by 3 million.

I like how you didn't even argue about the fake news stuff; you just came in and went on a tirade.