Author Topic: Liz Wants to Do a Nuzlocke Too [Silver] [Image Heavy!]  (Read 3126 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
Liz Wants to Do a Nuzlocke Too [Silver] [Image Heavy!]
« on: February 25, 2014, 21:48 »
I've been playing pokemon my entire life. Some of my first memories are playing Pokemon Yellow, and watching my brother play it. I don't even know when I began playing, probably around the age of 3 or 4. Gen 2 was a really special generation for me because I learned to read as I was playing it, so I actually got to know the story. I've played the second generation games countless times, and in my opinion, they're the best generation. That's why I decided to do a Nuzlocke.

Anyways, enough about me. Gonna list the Nuzlocke rules I'll be using:

• Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
  • The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
  • Not officially enforcing this rules until the player has Poké Balls and can catch Pokémon.
  • The player must nickname all of their pokemon.
  • Black out/white out is considered to be "game over"
  • I will continue to play from my last save point in the case of a "game over", but I will record all of the times that I lose.
  • Can only use captured / pokemon that are traded ingame.
  • No resetting.
  • if the player runs into a Shiny Pokémon on the incredibly rare chance, the player may still catch it, regardless of whether or not it is the first encounter in the area. If the shiny dies, it gets boxed and never used again, since I couldn't forgive myself for releasing a shiny.
  • If the player has no Pokémon that can use a certain field move that is required to continue through any given point of the game, they may catch another Pokémon that can learn said field move. However, it cannot be used in battle for any reason, and must be released, permanently boxed, or migrated as soon as the player gets another Pokémon that can use said field move.
  • No fleeing.

And thus begins the journey! I'll update from checkpoints like gym battles, or in the case of this first episode... pokeballs.

Gonna have it in its own post, because the character limit.

THE TEAM:
DaveMarcieWalterKaylaDjangoOmelet
TotodileHootHootGeodudeFlaaffyRatataTogepi
Level 17Level 17Level 13Level 16Level 10Level 7
ScratchTackleTackleTackleTackleGrowl
Water GunGrowlDefense CurlGrowlTail WhipCharm
RageHypnosisRock ThrowThundershockQuick AttackMetronome
Mud SlapPeck------------
Goal: Getting through the woods with no bugspray.

Things that are going to change:
> Smaller images
> Less images

Feel free to post name suggestions below guys, and I'll name my pokemon your suggestions as the game progresses, or else I'll continue to name them terribly not creative names.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 21:34 by еcho »

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
Re: Liz Wants to Do a Nuzlocke Too [Silver] [Image Heavy!]
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 21:53 »

Alright, neat, here we go, it begins.

Ugh do I have to do everything around here

I meant to type PM, but, jeez, that 10 year old must have been at quite the rager to be oversleeping that much.

... people like to pit them in battles to the death for things like money and fame.

Was this guy at the party too? At least he doesn't have amnesia like professor oak, "remembering" that his son's name is buttface. No wonder Gary was a jerk.

Forgot you had to be a guy in these games.

I mean, I guess so. I guess I'm ready to slaughter hundreds of pokemon. Ready as I'll ever be.

Hello MTV, I'm Liz, and welcome to my crib.

Come down the stairs and figure out my mom must have had a pretty intense night too. New Bark Town is all about those crazy parties, I guess.

I was going to make fun of my mom for this one, but then I realized, who in the world even knows if it is or isn't daylights savings time anyways?

Alright, that's a no...
And I still accidentally hit yes anyways...

Finally outside.

Dayyyum, look at those luscious locks.

"Not your beautiful hair."

Didn't even ask me yes or no. I just want some pokeballs, not to go on some quest to some whack job's house. Alone without an adult.

Well, at least he sweetens the deal a little.

Nah man just looking.

You seemed pretty pushy though.

I'll pick the cute little crocodile every time.

His name is Dave :)

Encounters of the first kind.

... Who is Berry and where am I supposed to know her from?

I'd rather not.

It almost makes you feel bad, and then you realized you don't want to be dragged around a podunk town for 3 minutes.

Another first of many.

Dave ain't dying of no poison.

... and let the grinding begin!

I think I'll learn a lot about rage during this game as well.

... Why not send him the egg in the mail instead of dragging a little kid there?

Because that isn't weird.

I think my plate is quite full, tha--

Okay.

Call the cops? Instead of a little kid? I'm surprised there's even signal around here.

... Hmph.

Oh look, its that chick with the hair again. She's being pretty friendly for someone who kicked my bum for staring at her hair!

I should remember to get her name. totally a girl.

I think I was expecting more from this battle.

Thank god, because apparently Professor Elm doesn't believe in a police force.

Nope, haven't seen any young dudes around.

WAIT JUST A MINUTE

No, but I have an ex boyfriend I don't like, so I'm gonna throw him under the bus.

Perfect, that's why you don't cross Liz.

Wait, I'm pretty sure I just did something very illegal.

Yeah, pretty sure me and the thief are gonna be sharing a jail cell.

Wait, so my mom wasn't just being a jerk? We have teams and teams of scientists dedicating their lives to pokemon, and we didn't even know where babies came from?

Dude, I don't even know what you're talking about. Can I have a pokeball so I can start doing this.

Thanks, random lab assistant.

Yeah, sorry mom, but I just don't like partying all night every night.

No mom, you're going to spend it all on party favors and things I don't want. I know you.

And finally the journey freaking begins!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 22:49 by еcho »

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 21:59 »
I have a name suggestion for the togepi when it hatches. How about omelet?
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 09:57 »
Okay, I really hope you don't give up on this because it's refreshing to see one of these return and be both funny and interesting at the same time. I'll be sure to keep tabs on this. c:
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 14:14 »
This is probably the most entertaining nuzlocke I've seen, well done.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 18:56 »
Thanks for the responses guys :)

So yesterday when I was playing all of my screenshots got overwritten with other screenshots so just a quick recap -- Luckily it was 90 percent grinding.

Marcie the Hoot Hoot and Walter the Geodude are the two newest members of my team :D
Met Marcie on the first route, and Walter in Dark Cave. I really needed a rock type to help with Falkner, so pretty lucky I ran into Walter and not a Zubat!

The rest of the pokemon that I ran into on the way there were all Hoot Hoots and I don't think I'll be needing a second one. Also, Marcie and Dave kept killing them before they went into orange or red.

Alright, my first gym. Good thing I grinded Walter to have Rock Slide, so it should be a breeze.

Level 9 Pokemon, a little higher than I was expecting...

But nothing terrible.

He's staring at my with those soulless 2 pixel eyes. Things are about to get serious around here.

I feel like this battle won't go like how you're anticipating it...

Ok, nothing difficult, kind of underwhelming. One or two more rockslides and we're ready to roll.

Swiggity swag, gyms in the b--

NO WAIT WHAT IS THIS???
oh sweet arizona iced tea walter can't land a single move and this thing is doing like 9 damage per attack @_@

The attack finally hits, but not before Walt's health gets a little too low for my comfort.

Now that I've killed your dad's precious bird pokemon, time to give me everything you've ever loved.

Taught it to Dave.

Professor Elm I am literally playing this game at 1:48 AM why are you still awake and why do you think I would still be awake

oh, so nooooooow they have the free time to send a guy to run two towns away?
guess i'll do as you ask...

Aw, its the pokeball dude! My bro!

Do I seriously look like that much of an errand boy?

... fine, but just because ShinyBlaziken wants me to name it Omelet.

Yeah, I'll definitely keep in touch...

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 22:00 »
Falkner was such a cheater back then. Great job again, this is lots of fun :3

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 22:09 »
this is pretty great, image+caption have always been my favourite Nuzlocke format. looking forward to more updates~
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 20:03 »
Thanks again guys!

Alright, here we are, at the Big Tower. I'm just gonna get my grind on until all of my pokemon know decent moves, and then get outta here.

Almost considered just killing it, since he would probably end up being bait for something anyways. Whatever, caught it on the second try.

Decided to give it a fairly fierce name, maybe as a good luck charm.
And then I started running into Ghastlys which made it reeeeeally difficult to grind, so I just got out of there and waited until morning to train.

Decided it was time for a new pokemon. I was thinking you could grab Bellsprout in this route but instead...

OH GOD YES A MAREEP ^___^

I will literally do anything it takes, Mareep is definitely one of my top 50 pokemon.

Even if she's being difficult.

:D

Named her after a friend who can be difficult, but we all love her anyways.
So, I was out grinding Kayla when suddenly...

It is time.

I always thought it took waaay more steps than that. Probably all of the running around to level my team up helped though.

There ya go, ShinyBlaziken.

And so, with that, it was back to the Bellsprout tower, as those two moves are all it takes to wreck.
So, I climb all the way to the top, again being shown that I wasted tons of time grinding, as I just faced off against a bunch of level 3 Bellsprout.

I know, its like my rival doesn't know that he will literally kill his pokemon.

Kind of takes on an entirely new sadistic meaning when you play this game in the mindset that your pokemon will die...

But then again, I would go crazy if I actually met people who acted this way. I'm guessing Bellsprout Tower is where all of the philosophy majors that can't find jobs go.

Anyways, jacked the old guy's Escape Rope, so he'll have to walk home, fending off Rattatas.

Well, I haven't let a single one die yet, soooooo

1st pokemon down...

2nd pokemon down...

And there's that. I don't think anyone even took any damage.

Thanks for that HM I'll probably never use, since I think it's entertaining to stumble around in the darkness.

Unless the HM can be used figuratively, like he claimed, to light up my soul.

Peace out, onto the next city!

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 20:57 »
Yay! My nickname made it.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Wolstenholme

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 21:00 »
I have to say, this is the only Nuzlocke I have ever bothered to read - I guess I'm a bit of a visual learner when it comes to this sort of thing. But then again, who would play a video game if they didn't have the graphics?

I'm enjoying reading this!

Name a Pokemon after me

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 21:53 »
Another fun update! It might help if you posted what your team looks like at the end of each post (Pokemon, nickname, level) so we can easily recall what mons you have. But that aside, I'm loving this Nuzlocke! ^_^

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 07:59 »
Thanks for more input guys! Richard, your suggestion has been taken! Can't believe I didn't think of that!

Excuse me ma'am, I know it's evening and all, but I do believe that Johto has some public decency laws

Oh jeez, sorry I'll just-- no wait--

Aw you know what? My name's Liz, your name's Liz... It's a match made in heaven.

I have a weird sense of humor so I find things like this hilarious.

Alright, peace out girl scout.
So, just walking along minding my own business when suddenly...

That's a fairly steep price, but... Wait, did you just say healthy and nutritious?

Dude, this guy has no idea as far as marketing to little kids go. You have to say "sugar" at least 3 times for any money to come out.

Nurse joy, I work until 11pm on weekends, I'd like it if you cut me some slack and didn't judge me.

One strange exchange later, I have a busted old fishing rod so I can catch a magikarp maybe later.
Anyways, one cave full of geodudes and water guns later...

Yeah, got it, that looks like a pretty steep drop. Thanks bud.

Was that a signpost or a wikipedia page? Holy crap.

Okay, this call is unnecessary, i just saw you... 15 minutes ago?

Finally, some sane guy asking real questions right here! Someone barges into your home, damn right you should ask who they are.

No, I'm just going around talking to people because that's how you advance in these kinds of games.

Ah-- okay.

I'm getting the vibe that "telling me things anyway" is the culture around here.

Wait, let's just pause for a moment... who decided that the tail of a slowpoke is worth any real money, or is tasty, or whatever? Also, WHY DOESN'T ANYONE CALL THE POLICE?

This man is drunk.

... I can't even write a caption for this one.
Anyways, following the crazy ball guy down a well...

WHAT DID YOU DO TO THAT GOOD SAMARITAN, KURT?

110% drunk.

... And let me guess, it's Liz the 10 year old off to save the day...

There you go Kurt, nothing like a nice case of manslaughter going for you.
Anyways, a few thundershocks later...

:D Gotta love Flaafy!

Whatever.

Oh, so now that I've gone and done all of the hard work, 5 minutes later your back is all set? Suuuure.
So, suddenly Kurt grabs me or something, because next thing I know, I'm in his casa.

LIZ IT HAS BEEN 10 MINUTES OKAY

What, dressing up like a guy in all red? Thanks I guess.

Uh, I mean, I grabbed this one from behind your house but--

Dude! I didn't even ask anything! Inside voices!

Also, did anyone else not like this town as a kid because the slowpokes creeped them out? Just me? Okay.

THE TEAM:
DaveMarcieWalterKaylaDjangoOmelet
TotodileHootHootGeodudeFlaaffyRatataTogepi
Level 17Level 13Level 13Level 15Level 10Level 7
ScratchTackleTackleTackleTackleCharm
Water GunGrowlDefense CurlGrowlTail WhipGrowl
RageForesightRock ThrowThundershockQuick AttackMetronome
Mud SlapPeck------------

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 08:19 »
Ahhh, such a fun Nuzlocke! Kurt is definitely either drunk or senile. Also, thanks for adding the team thing, it's a lot easier to keep track now! I am rooting for Kayla, so you'd better take good care of her. :3

Wolstenholme

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 12:13 »
I really like Marcie. She's cool. Keep her until she evolves and all will be well :-)