Author Topic: Issues I Have with King of the Hill  (Read 8285 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
Re: Issues I Have with King of the Hill
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2013, 01:32 »
American Football (Handegg) has its moments. My brother loves it but it's not something I can watch all the time. Too many ad breaks.

But isn't Hank Hill supposed to be the equivalent of a British lad though? Of course he's going to bang on about football, beer and such.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2013, 01:41 »
It's something you get used to, but the ad breaks are conveniently placed during the 40 seconds you have to call the play.  Which is why sometimes you see the ad cut off and go straight into the game.  There was something that prevented anything from getting in the way of a play because of some game a while back that got cut off by the network early (one team had a 10 point lead with 3 minutes left in the fourth, game cut off, then that team lost lol)

I think football is just a boring waste of time. All it is a stupid oval shaped ball falling a few yards away. It is too predictable and fans always act like the Steelers or ANY team for that matter are invincible just becayse they won a game or two but as soon as the team loses, the fans are like, "How did that happen?" and act as if the world is ending. Several people pay the players thousands of dollars on merchandise and yet don't give to charity. My local mall has the UGLIEST Rosenberger life sized bobble head for $6000. I am not k8dding. It makes me sick someone would waste THAT money on something so hideous but not to find a cure for cancer or AIDS.

First of all, you are incredibly lucky I am not tearing you a new one for calling it stupid.  You're allowed to not like it, but to call it stupid is incredibly dumb.  Go play Madden and see how many interceptions you throw if it's really just throwing a stupid oval shaped ball around and then come back to me.  If you think it's too stupid to even do that*, then you are a fairly close minded human being and it's not surprising to me at all that you just do not grasp King of the Hill.  I'm almost surprised that someone who plays Pokemon thinks that way because it's basically turn-based gameplay turned into a sport (requires a lot of sprinting and power on top of that and I don't think most athletes or athletic folk can even play football effectively because of the strategy involved) lol

*and if you really want to argue that it's stupid as hell then go start a thread and we can debate there; I've taught some UK players here that didn't think too highly of it about the game all of that and they can learn to appreciate it even if they don't watch it

Furthermore, football is still a major sport in this country and nothing you say is going to stop that from happening lol.  Don't mix your personal dislike of football with the quality of television; the fact is that to many people it's a big thing and I am almost surprised you don't see it living in Pittsburgh where people constantly scream SIXBURGH SIXBURGH to every other person on the streets.

Also, it's Roethlisberger, but that's okay.  I shouldn't bother countering the rest of your points because you're pretty far out of touch with reality as it stands.  Merchandising is a result of it being a business and I don't know how you don't understand that either.  Why do we spend money on Pokemon games and merchandise when we could be donating that money to NIH grants to look for cancer research?

I honestly, sincerely do not care whether or not you like the show.  It's clear to me that I would never trust a review from you though, because the whole sense of satire behind the show whooshes over your head which is what leads to those moments you do not understand.  Also, different experiences shape people differently, so what you can tolerate and what you find dumb often times is a part of someone's everyday life and they can still properly function.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 01:53 by Lord Raven »
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2013, 01:57 »
The bobble head is seriously the ugliest thing ever to be created in one's likeness. It makes Ben literally look like Bizzaro with acid thrown onto the face and disfiguring it even more. Football has no probability to it at all.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2013, 02:00 »
I like the lack of acknowledgement that my post was more than just about football

I really should pull out of this thread when all I'm getting is at best a paragraph countering a minor point in a very irrelevant way
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2013, 02:11 »
If I don't like something, I just don't see why I can't voice it and have people not attack me for it. I mean I'm using my freedom and am not threatening to hurt anyone by saying I hate football. We all have things we hate so why should I stay quiet and force myself to be someone I'm not?

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2013, 02:17 »
Guys, stay on topic, or I will lock this thread. If you have any issues with each other, take it to PM please. I'm not silencing anyone, I just want to keep this free of too much discontent.
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2013, 02:47 »
Sorry. Didn't mean to go off topic a bit but I think it was necessary to show where I stand in my disgust with Hank Hill.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2013, 10:44 »
If I don't like something, I just don't see why I can't voice it and have people not attack me for it.

I am going to continue a bit more here as it's an important general (meta) point.

This is a discussion forum. One of the things you do here is discuss things. In this case, we're discussing people's opinions about King of the Hill.

If you don't like something, that's fine. If you don't like something and post about it on a forum like this, you can expect a discussion. Saying that people are attacking you over it when they disagree, write (long) arguments about it and post about it on here is wrong. They're not attacking, they're disagreeing.

What's even more frustrating, then, is when you just dismiss those arguments and focus on one small aspect in that post, ignoring the main arguments, and continuing to repeat your same opinions without actually engaging in the discussion.

You're not being attacked here. You're part of a discussion where you don't seem to like people disagreeing. That's different. It's fine if you don't want to end up in the discussion... just don't be surprised people will still respond and will continue the debate themselves.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!