Author Topic: Super Spriting School of Sensational Spriteyness  (Read 12085 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Eifie

• "The
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Super Spriting School of Sensational Spriteyness
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 10:38 »
Let's move on to mixes c: Could you make a mix of Flaafy and Swoobat, please? You decide on the base c:
Okay!

That's one odd-looking creature.

Offline Hitmonchu

• Mulholland Fan
  • A Spriter and a
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2013, 19:03 »
bump bump ker-bumpity bump

ALL HAIL GOOMY

Offline Jackal

• Rebellious Spriting Salad
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2013, 19:48 »
can people still join as a student?

Poke the Poké for more

Offline Hitmonchu

• Mulholland Fan
  • A Spriter and a
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2013, 19:55 »
I think so

ALL HAIL GOOMY

Offline Jackal

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 21:07 »
cool id like to then.

I'd like to join!

Username Salado
Course(s) Mixes, Revamps, Devamps... Infernos always interested me.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 21:26 by Salado »

Poke the Poké for more

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 23:55 »
Not sprited in a few years, and wanna see what I can do with photoshop. This may or may not be a good idea.

I'd like to join!

Username Poison2007
Course(s) Recolors, Spectrums*, Mixes

*Not sure what you meant by spectrums - do you mean recolored in a rainbow manner or animated? If animated, I'm fine with that because I love animating.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2013, 16:44 »
Sorry everybody xD I haven't been coming on recently due to coursework for my GCSEs. I'm still working on them, but now that I'm on holiday, I've got a bit more time to do stuff c:

K' here's the recolor:

Your image is broken, according to this computer xD Would you be able to upload it on another site? Tinypic, maybe? That one works perfectly fine for me to view on this computer.

cool id like to then.

I'd like to join!

Username Salado
Course(s) Mixes, Revamps, Devamps... Infernos always interested me.
Great! Welcome to the school c: Would you be able to make a mix of Petilil and Sewaddle? Sewaddle as the base c:

Not sprited in a few years, and wanna see what I can do with photoshop. This may or may not be a good idea.

I'd like to join!

Username Poison2007
Course(s) Recolors, Spectrums*, Mixes

*Not sure what you meant by spectrums - do you mean recolored in a rainbow manner or animated? If animated, I'm fine with that because I love animating.
We'll see what you conjur, then! I meant spectrums in a rainbow manner, haha. Similar to my Cresselia avatar c: We'll get to that when you reach it, though. Do you want to do those courses in that particular order, or do you want to do spectrums last? As we'll start with recolours either way, could you make an Arbok recoloured as Masquerain, please?

It's Flaafy's head, I think. You should avoid adding on the non-base Pokemon's full head, or else it more than likely will look funny. Sometimes, if you mix too heavily, it will look more like a Pokeswap (where a Pokemon is put into a pose of another Pokemon, such as RS Seviper in the same stance as RS Arbok) than a mix c: Instead of adding Flaafy's head to make it look more like a Flaafy and Swoobat mix, why not add Flaafy's horns or head fluff onto Swoobat's? For example, you could colour Swoobat's ears to look like Flaafy's horns, but add some of Flaafy's head fluff to either side to make it look more like a Flaafy mix. See if you can do something like that!

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline Hitmonchu

• Mulholland Fan
  • A Spriter and a
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2013, 16:49 »

does this work?

ALL HAIL GOOMY

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2013, 17:17 »

does this work?
Yep, it does now!

I can see that you've thought about how to add on Thundurus' markings, but it isn't quite working. I think it's due to the colours.

As you can see while looking at Thundurus' sprite, his main body colour is a rather bright blue. You've used that as a highlight on Kyogre's body, so then the main colour on Kyogre's body is actually a darker shade on Thundurus. I do hope that makes sense. If you can change it so that the main colour on Kyogre is Thundurus' main colour, and create a lighter shade for the highlight on Kyogre, it will look much more like Thundurus' colours. The same also applies to the spots.

You should also try to add on a few more spots to Kyogre's fins, and perhaps make them as symmetrical placing-wise as you can? If you look at the official art of Thundurus, you'll notice that a spot on one side of his arm is actually similar to the one on the other side; one's just generally bigger.

You could also try to incorporate Thundurus' tail. Perhaps recolour some parts of the tail to look like Thundurus' tail?

However, I'm happy to see that you've created your own spots, rather than just copying and pasting them, with maybe two or three exceptions. You've also altered the shading of some of the spots accordingly, as shown in the highlighted area of Kyogre's body. Keep it up!

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline Hitmonchu

• Mulholland Fan
  • A Spriter and a
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2013, 17:58 »
yeah here's your kyogre

I improved the spots on its arms to make the look more like Thundurus spots, I shrunk the spots on the back, and I changed the tail to look like that of a Thundurus

ALL HAIL GOOMY

Offline Jackal

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2013, 19:40 »

Poke the Poké for more

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2013, 20:00 »
Sorry everybody xD I haven't been coming on recently due to coursework for my GCSEs. I'm still working on them, but now that I'm on holiday, I've got a bit more time to do stuff c:

Welcome back :D

We'll see what you conjur, then! I meant spectrums in a rainbow manner, haha. Similar to my Cresselia avatar c: We'll get to that when you reach it, though. Do you want to do those courses in that particular order, or do you want to do spectrums last? As we'll start with recolours either way, could you make an Arbok recoloured as Masquerain, please?

Here you go-!

Abra, kadabra, ALAKAZAM! I mean... CHAAAAARBOK!

I feel like this came out OK, but by golly this took a little while. Mostly because I don't know how to actually work Paint.net xD. I might just switch to my PC for the eraser trick next time, though, because it has vista when this laptop doesn't.

Also I had to improvise a little and edit the palette a tiny bit for the markings (the white and the darkblue) so it would work better, though it's technically just the same colors but a little darker for these spots really.

Ooh that! I'd probably save spectrums for last if that's alright 8D.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Jackal

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2013, 20:29 »
depending on what kind of windows program your labtop uses, if you press the windows button+r there should be a small box with a typebox in it. type mspaint.exe and that may or may not work.

Poke the Poké for more

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2013, 20:31 »
depending on what kind of windows program your labtop uses, if you press the windows button+r there should be a small box with a typebox in it. type mspaint.exe and that may or may not work.

As I said I have windows 7 on my laptop, and you cant use the eraser trick on the bad paint you get with it. And the vista version isn't compatible :C.

I found a way to use the bucket better in photoshop though so I might not even NEED paint.net.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Eifie

• "The
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2013, 01:51 »

It's Flaafy's head, I think. You should avoid adding on the non-base Pokemon's full head, or else it more than likely will look funny. Sometimes, if you mix too heavily, it will look more like a Pokeswap (where a Pokemon is put into a pose of another Pokemon, such as RS Seviper in the same stance as RS Arbok) than a mix c: Instead of adding Flaafy's head to make it look more like a Flaafy and Swoobat mix, why not add Flaafy's horns or head fluff onto Swoobat's? For example, you could colour Swoobat's ears to look like Flaafy's horns, but add some of Flaafy's head fluff to either side to make it look more like a Flaafy mix. See if you can do something like that!
How do you like this one? :)

It's a lot scarier.