Poll

Which type would you guys like to see next week for my top five?

Fire
1 (16.7%)
Water
5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: August 05, 2013, 22:27

Author Topic: My Top 5 Dragon Type Pokémon  (Read 2764 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
My Top 5 Dragon Type Pokémon
« on: July 29, 2013, 22:20 »
Welcome guys, this is something new I'll be doing each week. Each week, ill make a top five list of my favorite Pokemon from a certain type chosen by you guys. This week, the most powerful type of them all, dragon.

Although, that may be subject to change soon with the addition of fairy types...

Yeeeeeeah...

Anyways, let's begin.

5: Dragonite

Ah, Dragonite. The original Dragon type from generation one. On the outside, it looks so cute. Then in battle, it is a total powerhouse with a massive movepool. I love how in the anime, it was so timid in Kanto... Now in Unova it's a stubborn piece of creud who won't listen. Either way, it is a complete beast, no matter what personality.

4: Flygon

Flygon is one of those forgotten Pokemon from gen three. Being a ground/dragon type with Levitate, it gets two immunities. Flygon is basically a giant dragonfly with goggles, which looks much better than my description would suggest. Flygon, much like Dragonite, has an insane movepool... And they both have a 4x weakness to ice.

3: Hydreigon

Now THIS is why the fifth gen was better than people think. The fifth gen had some AMAZING dragon types, and Hydreigon is one of them. Hydreigon has base stats that reach a total of 600, making it one of the six pseudo legendaries, and the only one to have sp atk as its best stat. Hydreigon has a great design, awesome moves and is a complete wrecking machine. You do NOT want to be against this guy in battle.

2: Salamence

Salamence + Moxie ability = Win. Salamence is another one of the third gen dragons, and one of the few Pokemon with the powerful Moxie ability, which boosts your attack after knocking out an enemy. Salamence gets some INSANE moves, including Outrage, Earthquake and more. Capable of sweeping an entire team (as long as it is free of ice types) with ease.

1: Garchomp

Land shark dragon thing... Did I mention it can fly as fast as a Jet plane? That is some crazy stuff. Garchomp is another one of those Pseudo legendaries, and this one has GODLY speed and attack. Outrage, Earthquake, Crunch and more, Garchomp has a BEAST movepool. I have gotten many a Garchomp sweep in my time. This is one of those Pokemon that, as soon as it has started, can not be stopped. The only disadvantage is the massive ice weakness, but a Yache berry or Focus Sash can laugh in the face of an ice type. Garchomp is pure power with two great abilities, and that's why it takes the number one spot this week.

Thanks for reading guys, you can vote for what you want next week. It will be between two types. Whichever type gets the most votes will be the subject of next week, whereas the losing option will be passed on to next week, where it will be an option against a different type.

Thanks for reading, see ya next week.

Edit made by f3raligatr - No swearing, as per the rules.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 23:03 by TheAlmightyEmboar »

Needs more Gengar

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: My Top 5 Dragon Type Pokémon
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 22:24 »
I agree about flygon getting forgotten, mostly because the other damn dragon/ground type popped up and got all the attention. Flygon is cool!

quack98

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 22:26 »
For the most part, I agree with this list, but for me it'd be more:
5. Garchomp
4. Dragonite
3. Altaria
2. Salamence
1. Flygon

Which is why I loved Hoenn ;D

But yeah, good article, I love the images!

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 22:33 »
1. Flygon
2. Altaria
3. Dialga
4. Palkia
5. Giratina