Author Topic: best out of all types  (Read 3310 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: best out of all types
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 20:25 »
I died when you said Explosion was a Rock move :P
Stone Edge? Rock Slide?
Steel is a fantastic type. Bug/Steel offers approximately 10 resistances, 1 weakness, 1 immunity and 5 non resisted types (Fight, Rock, Electric, Water, Ground). That is if I recall correctly anyways...

Fairy isn't the cutesy stuff type which you think would be embarrassing, GF seems to be leaning towards more of a mythological thing (bar that silly electric rodent). How is it embarrassing? Is it embarrassing that Psychic is weak to Bug. As it was said, it's only to balance Dragons out.

Fairy is an interesting type really. Theres a lot of variety they could do, particularly with mythological Fairy Pokemon.

I'll end it there for now.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 12:00 »
Making Mawile Steel/Fairy makes no sense to me. I personally alwats thought it should have been Steel/Dark due to it being classified as the Deciever Pokemon and it learns more Dark type attacks than Steel type. Plus deception tends to be a characteristic of Dark types.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline shiny kyurem

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 21:12 »
well spriter one i did this thing late at night so i was tired and i wasn't thinking straight but u have a good point but i wasn't saying that fairy was an "embarrassing" type it's just i think there's no point in introducing a new type especially due to it being gen 6 so>>> 

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 21:52 »
Last time a new type was made, it was Gen II. It was expected that anew type was coming. Also, GF must've seen how Dragons were getting OP, so that's why Fairy is SE against them.

quack98

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 21:54 »
Yeah, they needed to either make a new type; redo the type matchup system or spam Steel & Ice types. Obviously the best solution was a new type, even if some people (of which I am one) don't particularly like it being Fairy.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 22:18 »
I'm going to wait to see a full list of the fairy Pokémon and how they play out in the new metagame before I make a fair judgement.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 22:49 »
^  What he said. But so far, I like fairy types. However, my favorite is still fighting.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline OpallapO

• Rob Fan
  • Doing a Nuzlocke on Platinum and playing White :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 17:48 »
I'm just basing this on my favourite types to use, not in order of 'best' or 'strongest'. I'll do my top 5 :)

1. Fire. I've always loved the Fire types, ever since I picked Torchic as my first Pokemon! I prefer double-typed Fire Pokemon than pure Fire. I've always liked the Fire/Fighting Pokemon but I hope that they'll change it up a bit in Gen 6.
2. Ice. My favourite Ice type is Mamoswine, which is Ice/Ground. Ice is great for taking out the Dragons, but obviously has major weaknesses, although I've always liked them. Except Jinx. Eww.
3. Electric. Having only one weakness, Ground, Electric seems like a pretty formidable type to me. My favourite pure Electric types are Luxray, Ampharos and Blitzle, although Zebstrika doesn't have the same appeal.
4. Ground. Ground types always come across as quite bulky, which I like. They have good attacks though, and some awesome designs to boot.
5. Dark. I've always been a bit attracted to having a Dark type in my team. I don't know why I like them, I just do.
Awkward :/