Author Topic: I've found a few rule breaking forum profiles  (Read 1391 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
I've found a few rule breaking forum profiles
« on: January 21, 2016, 21:47 »
Ever since I reported the Damaster profile for having potentially dodgy links in his signature, I've been checking the Who's online section a lot and have discovered many more potentially rule breaking forum profiles.

Duvvy Me has a link to a website with weird text on it, not dodgy or anything, just weird!

se7en123 has a few links which don't go to anywhere anymore but my browser addon says the website is untrustworthy.

ExoStatic has a link to another forum. We can do without that. This forum has very little activity as it is without people advertising other forums!

bretthill37 is advertising iPhone stuff.

daliamiller432 is linking to a page which doesn't exist anymore but is still advertising.

vigittalo is also linking to a page which doesn't exist anymore but is still advertising.

Out of all the above users, ExoStatic is the only one who has posted on the forum.

Could someone perhaps disable the signatures of these profiles? The site could do without all the pointless advertising.

If anyone else notices any other forum profiles with potentially dodgy links, post them here and maybe a mod could disable the signatures of those profiles as well.

My PC is fairly well protected from viruses and stuff, but not everyone else is as lucky. We should work together to get rid of any forum signatures that break the rules and potentially break peoples PCs too!

Edit: I found a few more!
globalvisas is advertising chinese visas.
MarjorieCollins is advertising women's suits.
alleinerziehendAF2C is linking to a blog site, it isn't even in english!
Werfd5FFE is advertising a website which doesn't work anymore, but the nature of the website isn't exactly appropriate for this website!
Bobstondaugherty is advertising batteries.

This must be a record number of rule breaking forum profiles that I've found in a single day before!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 22:06 by Petzbreeder »

Offline The biscquiat dragon

• Kris
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: I've found a few rule breaking forum profiles
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 22:05 »
There's a place for this and it's certainly not a public issue.
Just so you know, I recall the signature being the only place you can advertise your own websites, forum or no.
The rest of these are bots.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 22:08 by The biscquiat dragon »

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 22:09 »
I don't know how else to report forum profiles besides posting them on the forum itself. I would still like to continue doing this but if this isn't the way to go about it, I'd like to know what I should do instead.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 22:14 »
 It would probably be best to message a mod or even big J himself about bots since it's his website.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 22:17 »
Advertising one's forum in a signature is perfectly acceptable and not against the rules. None of the other accounts have been logged in for 4 years or more, so looking at them isn't that urgent. We can't really take responsibility for external links anyway.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 23:42 »
Also, it seems counterproductive (in my opinion) to post profiles of people who rarely use their accounts for rule breaking.  In other words, it's a waste of everyone's time.  If they're posting frequently then it's an issue.

Though, in this case it seems like it was a misinterpretation of a rule that you posted people's profiles for.  Also, only one of them isn't a bot.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 20:23 »
oh no someone's found every single one of my extra profiles

(please take that with a grain of salt i only have one profile and it is this and that was a joke)

thanks gl <3