Author Topic: If you had a time machine, what would you do with it?  (Read 5915 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
Re: If you had a time machine, what would you do with it?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 03:17 »
i'd travel about three seconds back in time and meet myself and furiously make out with myself oh xhanatos oh you're such a good kisser oh yes mmh much better than james mason mmh yeah

^whilst this is normally a theory accepted as fact, it is still a theory, and I would like to propose an alternate theory (if you dislike science, stop reading now):

Entropy is a theory that dictates everything moves towards a state of disorder, for example the universe is spreading away from each other, out of a uniform pattern. As the butterfly effect dictates, one small action can lead to a slipper slope-esque chain of events that create huge consequence. Logically, this theory should be true, however when considering entropy it is probable that the 2 timelines will meet up, eventually discounting any changes to the continuity of time

what no mention of the second law of thermodynamics??????????????????? for shame
           

Offline MnMs™

• Tyrion Lannister
  • Sentret Fan
  • It's been a while...
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 21:48 »
I don't really accept the idea of time travel and I explained my reasons for that a couple of years ago on here.

However, making the assumption that it is some way plausible, I would time travel back to when I was born and tell my Mum NOT to let me be lazy. I'd tell her to make me work for stuff.

Then I'd travel back to when I was 14 and tell myself to start working hard for my GCSEs and to REVISE! Why? Because I've always been naturally good at school and as a result, I haven't bothered revising for any subjects. Now I'm in the middle of my exams and I've realised that I really should have revised!

Luckily, cramming works fairly well for me :).
"Oh and you realise I WILL follow you into the girl's bathroom. Getting arrested is the least of my worries nowadays."

Draghost999

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 22:54 »
I would go back in time and kill Adolf Hitler before his had-been decision to invade Poland. Perhaps then someone with less of a warlike mindset would run Nazi Germany parallel to then Soviet Union until both eventually collapse. You never know. I'd save millions of lives even though I may wipe my existence forever through some change in history. Saving millions of innocents is more important than giving them up for a selfish 90's soul. :'(

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 23:15 »
I don't really accept the idea of time travel and I explained my reasons for that a couple of years ago on here.
it doesn't make sense to go backwards in time cause we can't break the speed of light (and it would violate causality too)
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline lugia95

• Joeno Fan
  • Credit to Chloe for the awesome avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 23:18 »
I would go back in time and kill Adolf Hitler before his had-been decision to invade Poland. Perhaps then someone with less of a warlike mindset would run Nazi Germany parallel to then Soviet Union until both eventually collapse. You never know. I'd save millions of lives even though I may wipe my existence forever through some change in history. Saving millions of innocents is more important than giving them up for a selfish 90's soul. :'(

Or you would be arrested for killing an innocent man...

Draghost999

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 23:58 »
Adolf Hitler was on the German people's good side then. I'd assassinate him

But don't you think I'd warp back quickly to my time and disintegrate there instead? :yeswink:

Offline MOP

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 22:38 »
Something soppy. :/

Probably go back and say "OH GOD YES!" when my best friend of all time said she'd go out with me. Still don't know why I said no, just couldn't believe it I suppose. Yay.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 22:57 »
I'd stop Ganondorf from ever taking over Hyrule.

But really, I don't know if I'd want to tamper with anything in my life. All of the absolutely horrible things I had to go through directly led me to meeting my girlfriend, and that's not something I'd want to have a chance at ruining. But if I had to pick something, I'd go back and try to stop my cousin from committing suicide. =/
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Laprabi

• hehehehehehehe
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 23:18 »
nothing

havent you heard of the butterfly effect

This. Think on a small scale what would happen if you went back a week in time and stopped something from happening. The world you'd be in today would be different, wouldn't it? Multiply that by a lot and see what happens, imagine if you stopped WWII from happening? Killed all of the world leaders before the mess occured? Or stopped WWI from developing before it got the chance to begin (WWI was basically a chain reaction anyway) or something?

Well that's what I believe anyway.
hahahahahahaha

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2013, 23:39 »
If there were no WWI there would be no Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts:  Covenant

You do not want to remove those games from this world.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2013, 23:43 »
Forgetting about all the butterfly effect/kill hitler serious stuff I'd just do it all over again. Relive my life if I could, check places out, watch stuff I think is cool happen. I'd particularly love to see things with my 'adult eyes' that happened around me as a child, from serious stuff to things like old toys I used to play with but threw out. It'd be like a huge nostalgia rush.

Offline zaxti

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2013, 10:26 »
i'd probably go back to 1986 when the chernobyl disaster happened, it really interests me so being in the time it happened would be awesome

Offline XK|X Litwick

• Waiting...
  • Sentret Fan
  • ..in the dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 03:45 »
I would probably go and meet places that arent there anymore. Like ancient temples and cities. Maybe even try to see Jack the Ripper in action. I would try not to affect the past and just watch a few important events.
Quote from: Wayward Path
Resting in Accumula. Tramp´s future team: Zorua, Scraggy, Oshawott, Archen, Drillbur, Deerling, Sandile and Axew!
Join our PLC adventure through Unova!

Thanks to MangaDragon for avvy!

Draghost999

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2013, 05:41 »
I would go into the future and ask 45-year-old Draghost how he would've acted in intense situations that would come ahead of me, which he would've already gone through. Then the right thing may come out of my mouth in an intense situation where my future self would've wished to have said something different.

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2013, 11:52 »
i already replied to this topic next october. 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.