Author Topic: Duke Nukem 3D LAN help  (Read 726 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
Duke Nukem 3D LAN help
« on: March 20, 2015, 17:47 »
I've been trying to work out how to play Duke Nukem 3D on a LAN server with both my dad and my cousin for ages now and I can't seem to get anything to work.

I have the game version available here.

I've tried just about everything and nothing works.

EDuke32
YANG
DukesterX
Duke Matcher

I've even tried the multiplayer option that comes with the game installation. Again, nothing works!

If anyone could come up with a solution for me (better written instructions for the programs I've listed, other programs to try, etc.) then I'd apreciate it and will probably worship you like a god or something!

I honestly love playing Duke Nukem 3D more than any of the other old games that I play, I'd enjoy it even more if I can get it working on a multiplayer LAN server.

Can anyone help?

EDIT: I did a lot of research yesterday and I discovered the reason why Dukester X wasn't working for me. It turns out that I was missing the port files I needed to run the game within Dukester X. I then discovered this "out of sync" issue that I had yesterday which I have looked into and I think I have it all worked out now. Missing files are allways a pain, especially when you have no clue what it is that is missing in the first place!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 14:39 by Petzbreeder »