Author Topic: PG Rule and YOU  (Read 24156 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: 3+ Rule and YOU
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2009, 17:26 »
Listen guys. Nowadays, everything, according to media, has to have some sort of sexual thing in it. I'm fine with that in some cases, call me a hypocrite if you may, I've broken this rule and I feel bad about it. And the RP I broke said rule in is dead/dieing. I think I've also broken the rule using gore. If a three year old was to come on the site and see several words he or she did not understand, and then asked their parents, what would the parents do? probably file a complaint agains PKMN.net right? I'd just like to say I am extremely sorry for breaking the rules, and I'm sure everyone else should be too.

I'm done now.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2009, 19:12 »
I don't really see what Eastenders has to do with this, these quotes went beyond what 3+ allows. Completelyrandom, I think you are forgetting one thing:

Roleplayers are not above the rules

I don't see a reason why you should not follow the rules, and so you still have to. We have said now where we feel the boundaries fall. We've tried to leave it up to our members, but so far people have only been taking it further.

You, starting a roleplay, cannot move those borders. Even if you'd be comfortable with it. Even if you'd tell people that these things may happen. No, you, too, have to follow our rules as long as you are posting on our forums.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Completelyrandom: Singing your praises in relative phrases

• Ego sum, Ego eram quod, Ego mos usquequaque exsisto
  • Joeno Fan
  • Take solace in the fact, that life is brief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2009, 20:13 »
As a recital to your previous statement I think I should clarify my stance, just so that it may not be disputed or misinterpreted, as I feel you have Joeno. I am for the three plus rule, I have no misconceptions about the fact that roleplayers must follow the rules.
 If you read my post with your Mensa worthy intelligence you must surely understand where Eastenders comes into it, if you need help its because it's a three plus show that commonly shows the lead up to or hints at the idea of sex,which as you have just said is now covered by the three plus rule.
 Also I wasn't stating that a roleplay leader would have the ability to bend the rules, rather that responsibility should lie with them to look out and tell people to watch their posting, not leave it to others to report as someone posted on here.

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2009, 20:25 »
If you read my post with your Mensa worthy intelligence you must surely understand where Eastenders comes into it, if you need help its because it's a three plus show that commonly shows the lead up to or hints at the idea of sex,which as you have just said is now covered by the three plus rule.

Eastenders 3+? What on earth makes you say that?

Besides, even if these themes and hints do appear in Eastenders, we're not going to base the enforcement of that rule on one soap opera.  Simply, my idea of it is "What would I expect to see in a Pokemon game?"

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2009, 23:55 »
As I do not watch Eastenders (and, living in the Netherlands, don't find it easy to), I cannot comment on its age rating or how justified it is, but I do know what is generally acceptable in 3+ stuff, and the descriptions that were made are not.

In any case, according to IMDB, Eastenders is rated PG in Canada, Australia and the US, and thus explicitly not 3+.

As admins and mods, it is our duty, too, to enforce the rules and tell people what they should and should not post, especially since your 'role play leaders' are apparently incapable of doing so. As we cannot do that on our own, we ask for reports to help us do our job. I do not see why you think you are able to tell us how we should do so.

Everywhere on this forum, we tell people to report posts when they break a rule. Role Play, and that's my point, is in no way an exception.
Peter <3<3<3<3

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Deoxys2

• Sentret Fan
  • In Arsène Wenger we trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2009, 16:04 »
As admins and mods, it is our duty, too, to enforce the rules and tell people what they should and should not post, especially since your 'role play leaders' are apparently incapable of doing so. As we cannot do that on our own, we ask for reports to help us do our job. I do not see why you think you are able to tell us how we should do so.
What, so you're saying, that us (the RP topic starters) can't say what rules they want in their RP?

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2009, 16:46 »
No, what I'm saying is that RP topic starters cannot ignore our rules and cannot be expected to be the only ones who get to enforce the PKMN.NET rules in their topics.
Peter <3<3<3<3

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Deoxys2

• Sentret Fan
  • In Arsène Wenger we trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 21:14 »
Well that's okay then, because I'm not like that. But just for he record, I won't ignore these rules and will follow them to the maximum.

Offline Gridbug

• Fan Fan
    • View Profile
    • yeah
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2009, 01:43 »
I actually have a question. 0.0

Concerning the whole "disgusting stuff" like blood, guts and gore...

Would describing your character's REALLY BAD cold (i.e. the mucus and stufff...) fall in to the "disgusting stuff that shouldn't be on PKMN.net"? Because I am pretty sure it's labelled 3+.

I have the "Captain Underpants" series to defend the previous statement.

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2009, 01:46 »
I actually have a question. 0.0

Concerning the whole "disgusting stuff" like blood, guts and gore...

Would describing your character's REALLY BAD cold (i.e. the mucus and stufff...) fall in to the "disgusting stuff that shouldn't be on PKMN.net"? Because I am pretty sure it's labelled 3+.

I have the "Captain Underpants" series to defend the previous statement.

I don't see why that would be censored~ there's a big difference between ripping someone's limbs off and sneezing violently at them x3

(at least, there was last time I checked)

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Gridbug

• Fan Fan
    • View Profile
    • yeah
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 01:48 »
I was asking because some people on here may be squeamish, and may dive straight toward the "Report to Moderator" button when or if I go into detail about my character's apparently mammoth cold. D=

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2009, 01:53 »
Haha, well not to worry, I can't see us acting on anything like that. Unless you somehow make a sneeze gory xD snot and stuff, I highly doubt will be an issue =P

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Gridbug

• Fan Fan
    • View Profile
    • yeah
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2009, 01:55 »
Thanks. I just wanted to make sure so that I didn't take a risk. =D

progartpkmn98

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2009, 21:43 »
How did 3 year olds get here?

Trainer Dave

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2009, 21:59 »
How did 3 year olds get here?
The games are rated '3+', and therefore the whole forum obeys that rule. That's just the stance we have here.

As far as I know, PG-13 is the next 'level up', and since a fair few members are younger than 13 on this site, it wouldn't be sensible to allow that kind of content.