Author Topic: PKMN.NET: Official Meet in London  (Read 25399 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
PKMN.NET: Official Meet in London
« on: July 31, 2007, 00:37 »
For logistic reasons, we will be forced to end our signups this Thursday!

As has been informally announced and discussed before, I will be visiting London on my vacation near the end of August. Since it's the perfect opportunity to bring many people from this fine site together in one place, we have decided to organize a PKMN.NET meet for our members. It will be on 26 August, a Sunday, during the afternoon. The current schedule is that the meet runs from 1PM to 5PM, which should be more than enough. Be sure to have everything arranged - although admins will be in the vicinity earlier than that, we've got our own stuff to do at that time, and we are not going to wait for family/etc to pick you up for long after that time. (Especially since some of us are planning to go for some food and so on after that)

To make such we don't get all kinds of weirdos attracted to the event, you are sort of going to need to sign up for this. This, depending mostly on your age, will require a few steps:
If you are at least 18 years old let us know here or in private. You're old and wise enough to decide for yourself.
If you are 15 years or younger we want you to ask your parents for permission, and we want to be sure you did. We want to get word from your parents, and we don't want you to forge it. We are also going to be extremely cautious about accepting people, so be prepared to be turned down if we decide it's not okay for you to come. In particular, the younger, the less chance there is of us accepting you. We are absolutely not interested in babysitting. See this
If you are in between these ages, we still want you to ask your parents. We're not going to double check for you, but are also prepared to answer any questions they may have, if they find it necessary.
Once it goes through, you'll get access to a special forum where the specifics will be discussed.

In any case, we reserve the right to reject your 'application', since we cannot always be sure of the intention of people we barely know and who have rarely posted here. I doubt it will be a major problem, but we do want to be careful.

And yes, we realise people may not be truthful about their age. We accept no responsibility for what happens if you lie, and may decide that it's best for you to go home asap.

In general, PKMN.NET cannot take any responsibility for what happens to you while travelling to and from this event, or while it's happening. We'll try to make sure stuff goes alright, but cannot make any guarantees.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 20:23 by Joeno »
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Mushroom

• PKMN.NET's Original Pirate Captain
  • Elite Four Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "Last Post On The Page" King
    • View Profile
    • My Music Review Site
Re: PKMN.NET: Official Meet in London
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 09:14 »
Do we apply here? If so, you can take this as my application. I'm 16, and I've already asked my parents, infact, they are dropping me off at station themselves. So, is that enough information for my application?

Offline K-kun: Terror's Advocate

• #130-Gyarados-in the PUK Pokemon Crew. Nick of Plot Twists, Kristian of Tropes, Kyle of Originality, Rob of Character Development; We are the Four Horsemen of Roleplay!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • "Not even death can save you from me..."
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art Page
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 09:26 »
Aarrgghh...Long have I wished for something like this, but there's no way someone like me can go. I keep forgetting that this is a European site...As a Candadian, I wish that someday, there'll be one of these closer to home. Anyway, good luck, and have fun, everyone who's going!
*Waves like an idiot*

Offline Mushroom

• PKMN.NET's Original Pirate Captain
  • Elite Four Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "Last Post On The Page" King
    • View Profile
    • My Music Review Site
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 09:29 »
Please, do not reply to this topic saying "Oh I can't go" or "Why can't we have one in [insert country here]?" This is a topic for applications to go, not complaining about how you can't.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 09:34 »
Yeah, 16+ applications can generally go here, for those younger than 16, we need more information. admin@pkmn.net is probably the best place to write to then.
Peter <3<3<3<3

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

ginrei

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 19:02 »
Rex won't stop insulting me unless I apply, so here goes.

I'm 22 D: Lemme in!

Offline Luke

• Yoshi
  • Sentret Fan
  • ArkUmbra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 12:03 »
I'm 17 and my mother is okay with me going

Travelling by train and I'm bringing my girlfriend with me who is, however, fourteen.  Her mum is okay with her going as long as she sticks with me.  (She's not on this site, but I figured I better add it just incase).

Do I need to provide any other information?

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 13:01 »
Hm, I can come, and I'm seventeen and a half, so I'm near to the age that you need. I've asked my Mum if I can come and she says its fine, but on the condition that my three sisters take me (who are 23, 30, and 30 something (I forget)) there to make sure I'm not getting picked up by a load of "odd persons," as she calls them. So, I'll pretty much get there, then they'll go shopping or something, and come back later.

If you need any other information, PM me or attack me on the chats. :P Thanks for organising this Joeno!

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 17:02 »
I ma coming too. Yay! =D

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Queeny|NM

• Queen of Xenomorphs
  • Rex Fan
  • Back with a brand new attitude~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 23:32 »
I'm fifteen (Well.. in three days time, but still, I'll be fifteen on the day) and interested in going. What proof exactly can I give that my parents have agreed to let me go?

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 00:31 »
At the very least, I'd like one of your parents to mail us at admin@pkmn.net, stating so. Depending on where you live, I'd also like to know about travel arrangements and the like - I'm not sure whether it'd be a good idea for you to travel on your own.

I'd also like a seperate email from you, with your account name, and the email address your parents will be mailing from, and your account name. The two mails should, of course, come from different places, and I expect that it will have your real names for recognisability :)
Peter <3<3<3<3

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Xagor

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 13:13 »
*waves* I'll be there hopefully. Looks like I'll probably be able to keep myself occupied talking to ALK about manga and stuff.
3DS Friend Code:1676 3937 3524
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
http://tcgshiyo.wordpress.com/

Offline Veyka

• I never claim more than I am. Pkmn #196 Espeon In pkmn crew 3! Murr!
  • Rex Fan
  • IRC network Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 13:13 »
Im 18, and ill be there =D

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 13:34 »
*waves* I'll be there hopefully. Looks like I'll probably be able to keep myself occupied talking to ALK about manga and stuff.

And... what would your age be?
Peter <3<3<3<3

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Xagor

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 13:39 »
19. That is my age.
3DS Friend Code:1676 3937 3524
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
http://tcgshiyo.wordpress.com/