Author Topic: Animal crossing: Lets go to the city!  (Read 2205 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Misanthropy

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
Animal crossing: Lets go to the city!
« on: April 30, 2011, 00:29 »
does anyone own this game? is it worth buying? I was tempted when it came out but was put off by the mixed reviews and it said on the nintendo official website that during the month of may you can get a golden closet or something for your ingame house. Is this just a cheap marketing ploy to buy a mediocre game? it wouldn't be the first time nintendo have done something like this (cough*pokemon ranger* cough)

Offline Kona

• Mad props to Mr. Dalliard for the avatar. The world's biggest
  • Joeno Fan
  • sir fredricko the seventytwelf of rainbow land
    • View Profile
Re: Animal crossing: Lets go to the city!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 12:04 »
It's an okay game. I had it, but traded it in because it gets boring. Don't expect to get adrenaline from playing it. It's very layed back.

I'd reccomend Wild World on the DS or the new one for 3DS when it comes out. I find that it's more fun if it's portable for Animal Crossing.

<Ledyba>: and I replied quick as a flash
<Girl>: AHHHH!!!The voices.

Offline Misanthropy

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 18:51 »
yes it did seem like it would be better suited for handheld like pokemon
and the wiiviewr on youtube reviewed the gamecube version and says they're all the same but might check out the 3DS version when it comes out

Offline Danse Macabre ( 6,6)

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 02:46 »
yes it did seem like it would be better suited for handheld like pokemon
and the wiiviewr on youtube reviewed the gamecube version and says they're all the same but might check out the 3DS version when it comes out

I'd certainly go for the 3DS version, I used to have Wild World & it was amazing. Considering you can visit other peoples towns in the new version we could have a big PKMN Animal Crossing meet. :D
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline Misanthropy

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 21:40 »
watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyCk2ygkqEU

then read this - "very sad, are you sure that the presents werent from the game "Mom"?"

another game I've been slightly tempted in but never could be bothered to check it out is harvest moon which sounds similar to animal crossing except that harvest moon is about owning a farm

Offline Danse Macabre ( 6,6)

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 20:57 »
watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyCk2ygkqEU

*SOB* OMG, THAT IS SO SAD!!!! I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN GO ON WITHOUT HUGGING THAT GUY!!!  :'(  :'(  :'(

*cough* Anyway... yup, there is a game 'mom' that sends gifts - as far as I can tell you can't send items across game saves. Still, it's a very touching story. As for Harvest Moon, I feel that series is starting to reach the point it can't go any further, from what I remember they started adding fairies & loose plotlines into the GBA version just to keep people playing.
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline Misanthropy

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 21:16 »
bump
I got animal crossing new leaf for free in the so many games promotion
and I realise I have to eat my words because its far from a mediocre game lol